360 Gamepad Support?

Elven6

Question

Hello,

Does the PC version of Alpha Protocol support the Xbox 360 USB Gamepad? I'm part of the minority of PC gamers that has trouble using the keyboard/mouse setup for shooting. ;)

Games for Windows used to be a good sign that a game did indeed support the controller but the restrictions seem to have been relaxed recently.

5 answers to this question

<Troll post>

Lame, doesn't look like my earlier comment went through.

Anyone could have responded to my question, what is so inane about it? Since I don't have the game yet, I can't really check the manual to see if the gamepad was indeed supported.

What kind of response would you want from bug reports? A team member who sees it would most likely jot it down in Mantis or what ever bug tracking program Obsidian uses and move on to the next one.

The PC version has reviewed better than the console counterparts.

http://www.metacritic.com/search/process?s...otocol&ty=3

FYI: Why would you put credibility into a Destructoid review? Those guys basically troll reviews, games like Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed II, etc get 4s for the silliest reasons yet Deadly Premonition gets a 10 with the worst justification I've ever seen.

On top of that, the reviews you linked to aren't about a specific platform.

Edited by Gorth
Changed Quote for consistency

<Troll post>

This surprises you? You do realise that developers often have restrictions on what they can and can't say with regards to their games, since it's not their job to handle community relations or Q&A, right? Moreover, when you're faced with thousands of bitching users who are going to yell at and insult you no matter what you say, it can kind of discourage you from responding at all. While I'd like to see better community involvement here from Obsidian, I also understand that it isn't the responsibility of any random developer to respond to things he or she may have no connection to.

And, for the record, just because support doesn't respond to queries directly, doesn't mean that bugs aren't being recorded. Frankly, after Alpha Protocol's cool reception, I don't even know if SEGA will want to fund a patch for the game. It sucks, but that's business. A developer of Obsidian's size simply doesn't have the luxury of doing whatever they want, whenever they want.

Edited by Gorth
Quote edited for consistency

<Troll post>

Lame, doesn't look like my earlier comment went through.

Anyone could have responded to my question, what is so inane about it? Since I don't have the game yet, I can't really check the manual to see if the gamepad was indeed supported.

What kind of response would you want from bug reports? A team member who sees it would most likely jot it down in Mantis or what ever bug tracking program Obsidian uses and move on to the next one.

The PC version has reviewed better than the console counterparts.

http://www.metacritic.com/search/process?s...otocol&ty=3

FYI: Why would you put credibility into a Destructoid review? Those guys basically troll reviews, games like Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed II, etc get 4s for the silliest reasons yet Deadly Premonition gets a 10 with the worst justification I've ever seen.

On top of that, the reviews you linked to aren't about a specific platform.