Difference in veteran mode?

I just finished the game, and thought I would play again in veteran mode,

but for some reason it is still grayed out. I read in the support forum that the problem was fixed for someone when he replayd the end and watched the credits till the end or something(do you have to start a new game before quiting or something?)

but anyway, my only save left is the in the safehouse some time before the last mission, since I already started a new game as recruit and it overwrote the autosaves.

so, is it worth it that I replay the last mission just to try to unlock veteran mode?

is it just some different lines of dialogue during the tutorial or does it makes a lasting difference the whole game?

does it give you more skill points at the beginning? doesn't that make the game too easy?

in order to play Veteran you have to complete a run as recruit.

Vet gives you some more goodies to start with (your gear), you start out with a crap load of skills, and has different dialog. The one with Shaun was worth it.

I did finish the game with recruit, for some reason it didn't unlock it.

maybe playing the final mission again will help.

but I am also looking at more of a challenge for my second play through, played on normal the first time.

does veteran mode makes the game a lot easier?

perhaps I should just replay with hard and recruit

Veteran is easier, it is more of a reward to the player than an additional challenge.

You should get the game WorstUsernameEve... it is worth it, quite enjoyable. Just if you get it for PC, make sure you have the correct .ini edits.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

I haven't played the game, but considering that Veteran starts with 3 points in every skill, it should actually significantly reduce the challenge.

All it does if you remove points from skills you dont want....you can start with max points on about 4 skills (the max for your level) By the ends i was killing bosses with 4-5 shotgun blasts :ermm:

I haven't played the game, but considering that Veteran starts with 3 points in every skill, it should actually significantly reduce the challenge.

I thought you'll buy it.

You will still be able to change the difficulty to hard when you start new game. Try re-playing a game as you mentioned, sometimes it helps (for other games at least)

Veteran give you additional points in ALL skills, and you can remove un-needed skill points in the start, so you can max out (until first limit) your main skills before you start plus you get good equipment. As about the game itself, it feels for me like recruit when you get some additional answers in the beginning. But didn't feel harder to play.

It's nice way to replay a game and skip the basic leveling or an easier way to beat hard difficulty as your skills most of the time maxed out.

Edited by Klimy

Veteran is easier, it is more of a reward to the player than an additional challenge.

You should get the game WorstUsernameEve... it is worth it, quite enjoyable. Just if you get it for PC, make sure you have the correct .ini edits.

WTH, i thought the whole idea of recruit/veteran was to give more challenge... not make the game easier??? What a douchebag move by the devs

If you are a recruit, the game is harder because you're a recruit. If you're a veteran, the game is easier because you're a veteran.

WTH, i thought the whole idea of recruit/veteran was to give more challenge... not make the game easier??? What a douchebag move by the devs

I don't understand why providing what is essentially a 'New game+ light' mode is a douchebag move. :)

Yes, they provide us with more options for different kinds of experiences. What a bunch of tossers!

:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Verteran has more changes than Recruit...

As Vetaran, you can do both the Vault and rescue your ally in Brayco's Villa...and Thornton tries to decrypt the Data in Taipe himself instead of letting Mina do it...sadly with the same outcome....

As Vetaran, you can do both the Vault and rescue your ally in Brayco's Villa...and Thornton tries to decrypt the Data in Taipe himself instead of letting Mina do it...sadly with the same outcome....

That outcome at

Brayko's mansion

actually isn't a veteran only option...

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

That outcome at

Brayko's mansion

Really...I wasn't able to do both with Operative and Recruit (Albatross/Sie)...some Intel missed or bad choices I made in Dialogue?

That outcome at

Brayko's mansion

Really...I wasn't able to do both with Operative and Recruit (Albatross/Sie)...some Intel missed or bad choices I made in Dialogue?

I won't give specifics, but we do have checks based on backgrounds other than Recruit and Veteran, as well as skill ranks.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

That outcome at

Brayko's mansion

I won't give specifics, but we do have checks based on backgrounds other than Recruit and Veteran, as well as skill ranks.

I actually noticed that when I did my agent/spy playthrough. I was refrenced multiple times according to my background.

I guess it helped that I beat the game as a spy first, but as a recruit it wasn't harder per say,

as certain dialogue choices in the beginning give you additional AP.

Spend those wisely and you won't have too much trouble (along with taking it slow to let them skills recharge!).

Also,

saving your handler

for the moscow mansion mission

can also net you the data if you let brayko live

Albie doesn't care if you let him live (i think), but I think Sie would be pretty pissed if you let him live [for cutting up her wrinkly sagging face](I shot him between the eyes). Thats not even counting the fact you can execute them if you want, doing so along the lines of ensuring all those who took part in the mission never speak of its exisistence, 'specially you know who!

I shot a dancer cause she saw me, figuring there shouldn't be any witnesses, and

Mina

dislikes me cause of it (-1)!

Speaking about classes, I just found out that we can reallocate the points with every background. We just have a predestined allocation, but it can be changed, so every class is a freelancer actually.

(A lot of people probably knew it, but it was new for me, so I thought I'd mention it.

One question though: Does the specialization matter too? (apart from the Marburg conversation in Rome, where you bring it up) I prefer being an Operative, but I like experimenting if it has some results ;)

Edited by thufirhawat333