both is the answer

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

I am busy to look at that, I'm at +10 rep and I only have the museum level in Rome. I have almost his dossier at 100%, miss only one dossier that is at the museum, but atm I'm doing the first few missions in Taipei and Moscow, to build up some of my stats. So maybe I have a answer tonight!

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

You need to choose the dossier option when you talk to him, I think

Edited by cesko

In my playthrough, I never got opportunity to kill him after Rome. There was only short convo after getting captured in endgame. He did liked me, but I'm not sure what's actual reason for never meeting him again, after escape.

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

But still you must have low reputation with him and complete the dossier or just taunt him... dossier option didn't come up because I had high reputation and it probably spoiled it...

You never meet him if he likes you because he decides to not interfere with the events....

Edited by Shadow Operative

"...Waste of a Missile but everyone on this Island seem Trigger-happy"

crap, so I can't let him pay for what he's done

I specifically made him dislike me just to piss him off and kill him. I have 100% dossier on him and he dislikes me and I never saw him again. This is really annoying, it's either a bug or really stupid game design

I figured it out. The only way to kill him is to make him dislike you and taunt him in the Rome Museum. You also need all dossier info up to that point. Make him dislike you by always choosing the Left dialogue option

Edited by DarthCaine

I had him at like -5 dislike, taunted the whole time, and had 100% dossier. He ran away. :ermm:

Oh and I never got a Dossier option either. :(

Edited by ProtocolX

Damn it, I really want to put a bullet in the old bastard's skull. Has anyone figured out what, exactly, you need to do to fight him? I've also tried taunting him, but he just runs away.

Also, where the heck are all his files? I've scoured Rome, but never completed the dossier.

You can't kill everyone you want to, you know. I like the fact that Marburg is so hard to kill. You shouldn't get the 'choice' to kill everyone you want every playthrough.

I'll try pissing him off next, 2 playthroughs he liked me and he always got away.

I had Marburg attack me in Rome. I don't know what I exactly said to him but I remember mixing up my responses and Marburg getting angry (though my reputation with him is neutral). I went to the 'West Wing' if you know what I mean.

I killed him in the final mission. Did you stop the museum bombs and then contact Parker* during the final mission? Not sure if that's an exact requirement but that's what I did and got sweet, sweet revenge on him.

EDit: *full dossier with the secret fact...I think I had that.

Edited by ThulsaDooom

So you get to face him in the endgame too, as an alternative to facing Parker? (Kind of how you fight Westridge instead of Leland if you decide to join Halbech?)

But how about Rome? Aren't you supposed to be able to kill him in the museum too? If so, what do you need to "push his buttons"? Low Influence? A completed dossier? What is this "secret fact", and where do you find it?

Sorry for all the questions. I just really want to be able to stick it to him, in the form of a 9mm slug to the forehead. :p

If you decide to tell Parker about Madison, you indeed get to fight Marburg in the server room.

As for the other question: I managed to piss him off in Rome by going after the bomb (he judged me to be more emotional and go after Madison), and Taunted him (maybe I used a Dossier option too, I don't remember, but I always picked that one on my last playthrough).

Then I was able to kill him.

I have tried going both after the bombs and after Madison, taunting him at every opportunity, but no dice. I've had him at low Influence and high Influence, but it didn't matter (though his dialogue changed slightly).

I suspect it's got to do with the "Dossier" option, since that's the one thing I've never had appear. So, I guess the question is how to unlock the Dossier option?

You can't kill everyone you want to, you know. I like the fact that Marburg is so hard to kill. You shouldn't get the 'choice' to kill everyone you want every playthrough.

I'll try pissing him off next, 2 playthroughs he liked me and he always got away.

2 full playthroughs and he ran away. So on my 3rd (this one) I purposely set out to kill him. I made sure I hunted for dossier, i have it at 100 but can not get the 'secret' part everyone is talking about. Where does that come from because THAT seems to be the ONE freaking thing you need.

I have him at -4 dislike. I taunt - he runs away. I threaten - he runs away.

The crappy part is I KILL him before he runs away. Take his health down to 1/2 then shoot him with chainshot 6 times in the back of the head at point blank (does 3/4 of health damage from test) and he SHOULD be dead. But instead the cheesy cut scene and he runs away.

First mission I slept with Madison but did not ask about her father, so Marlburg got away clean.

Second I did not sleep with madison and he gets away clean.

Third I have slept with her, and have the info so MAYBE I get to kill him at end game.

If you want to kill him in the endgame, make sure these:

Rome: Talk to Madison about her father.

Endgame:

Do NOT side with Leland.

Talk to Parker about Madison on the com.

(Doesn't matter if you turn Marburg or not, it seems, the Parker trigger overrides that one)

This should trigger a cutscene in the server room, and -since Parker turns on our favorite company- Marburg will be the boss to fight there.

At least that's how it worked in my playthroughs, but I still have a lot of options, alternatives to check out.