Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marburg

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

DarthCaine

DarthCaine

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
Can you kill him in Rome or only in the endgame ?

Edited by DarthCaine, 02 June 2010 - 05:29 AM.

cesko

cesko

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Cesko
both is the answer

DarthCaine

DarthCaine

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
I'm wondering whether to piss him off or make him like me. What are the benefits of each?

cesko

cesko

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 149 posts
I am busy to look at that, I'm at +10 rep and I only have the museum level in Rome. I have almost his dossier at 100%, miss only one dossier that is at the museum, but atm I'm doing the first few missions in Taipei and Moscow, to build up some of my stats. So maybe I have a answer tonight!

DarthCaine

DarthCaine

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
How do you kill him in Rome? Do you need to go after Madison?

cesko

cesko

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 149 posts
You need to choose the dossier option when you talk to him, I think

Edited by cesko, 02 June 2010 - 10:28 AM.

player1

player1

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
In my playthrough, I never got opportunity to kill him after Rome. There was only short convo after getting captured in endgame. He did liked me, but I'm not sure what's actual reason for never meeting him again, after escape.

Shadow Operative

Shadow Operative

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts
But still you must have low reputation with him and complete the dossier or just taunt him... dossier option didn't come up because I had high reputation and it probably spoiled it...

You never meet him if he likes you because he decides to not interfere with the events....

Edited by Shadow Operative, 02 June 2010 - 10:34 AM.

cesko

cesko

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 149 posts
crap, so I can't let him pay for what he's done

Shadow Operative

Shadow Operative

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts
guess so, if you want to take him down you have to show some disrespect :D:D

DarthCaine

DarthCaine

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
Crap, I just finished the game and didn't get to kill hm, maybe I should try with selecting Dossier in the final convo

DarthCaine

DarthCaine

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
I specifically made him dislike me just to piss him off and kill him. I have 100% dossier on him and he dislikes me and I never saw him again. This is really annoying, it's either a bug or really stupid game design

DarthCaine

DarthCaine

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
I figured it out. The only way to kill him is to make him dislike you and taunt him in the Rome Museum. You also need all dossier info up to that point. Make him dislike you by always choosing the Left dialogue option

Edited by DarthCaine, 02 June 2010 - 12:26 PM.

Jokerman89

Jokerman89

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 57 posts
How do you get 100% dossier on him?

ProtocolX

ProtocolX

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts
I had him at like -5 dislike, taunted the whole time, and had 100% dossier. He ran away. :ermm:

Oh and I never got a Dossier option either. :(

Edited by ProtocolX, 02 June 2010 - 06:14 PM.

Manx

Manx

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Ferrous Reaver
Damn it, I really want to put a bullet in the old bastard's skull. Has anyone figured out what, exactly, you need to do to fight him? I've also tried taunting him, but he just runs away.

Also, where the heck are all his files? I've scoured Rome, but never completed the dossier.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10491 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
You can't kill everyone you want to, you know. I like the fact that Marburg is so hard to kill. You shouldn't get the 'choice' to kill everyone you want every playthrough.

I'll try pissing him off next, 2 playthroughs he liked me and he always got away.

Inxentas

Inxentas

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Inxentas
I had Marburg attack me in Rome. I don't know what I exactly said to him but I remember mixing up my responses and Marburg getting angry (though my reputation with him is neutral). I went to the 'West Wing' if you know what I mean.

ThulsaDooom

ThulsaDooom

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Inarborat
I killed him in the final mission. Did you stop the museum bombs and then contact Parker* during the final mission? Not sure if that's an exact requirement but that's what I did and got sweet, sweet revenge on him.

EDit: *full dossier with the secret fact...I think I had that.

Edited by ThulsaDooom, 02 June 2010 - 10:54 PM.

Manx

Manx

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Ferrous Reaver
So you get to face him in the endgame too, as an alternative to facing Parker? (Kind of how you fight Westridge instead of Leland if you decide to join Halbech?)

But how about Rome? Aren't you supposed to be able to kill him in the museum too? If so, what do you need to "push his buttons"? Low Influence? A completed dossier? What is this "secret fact", and where do you find it?

Sorry for all the questions. I just really want to be able to stick it to him, in the form of a 9mm slug to the forehead. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users