3 question i have about AP...

Hello everyone!

Q1: How this forum works? Is it like Bioware forum where we get lot's of responds from producers/devs or is it just a forum for gamers?

Q2: Are there any plans for DLC? (maybe more missions or a new hub)

Q3: When (if ever) will we see a patch?

Edited by Klimy

1. Some of them reply from time to time. But most of them are busy working on F:NV, Wheel of Time and the unannounced project.

2. I don't think they are at liberty to tell. It's up to the publisher to release such information.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Wheel of Time? What's that?

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

Official answer to DLC, before release, was "never never can talk about that", but there are some vague quotes from SEGA hinting at plans for an AP sequel.

I think it's safe to bet there will be at least one patch: DLCs, we'll have to see how sales do over the coming weeks, I guess.

LOL fanboys are funny...why you need compare this forums specailly with Bioware forums and not Bungie etc. If you don't like the forum return to your "gods".

Edited by Alpha

LOL fanboys are funny...why you need compare this forums specailly with Bioware forums and not Bungie etc. If you don't like the forum return to your "gods".

Relax Alpha o:) No fanboism here involved. I tend to stay away from forums unless I really liked the game (in this case AP impressed me enough to register here) As about why I compared it to Bioware is very simple - this is the only forum before that I used. So AP forum is the second in my life :)

Let's not go into any wars here :) That's the reason why Bioware Social site is going to hell with all complainers and fanboism. Lets try to be civil and nice at least here :)

Now back to OP, actually to the moderator post:

Does anyone know how long it takes to make a game?

Judging by KotOR 2, PoP:Warrior Within and New Vegas, a year if you already have a working engine.

Actually New Vegas production cycle is closer to 18 months, and Knights of the Old Republic II came unfinished so.. it's not exactly a good example.

Granted, if it was a bigger and more technically competent (let's be honest) team than Obsidian it would have probably came out completed, but still..

To answering his question, I guess it varies wildly depending on the size of the team, how much the publisher is willing to let the team work on it, the scope of the game and also the talent of the dev team working on it, though that's difficult to measure.

Hey, the games may be buggy, but they work! :sorcerer:

'Sides, other games take more time to be finished, yet most still have bugs, if less noticeable/rarer ones.

Ideally bug-free games will never come out.

The cut content and broken triggers in Knights of the Old Republic II were too noticeable for the public, so that now it's remembered as the 'cut content' game, even if actually for the first 3/4 the game was pretty good even with just the official patch for me.

It's really just the ending that was a letdown imho.

Oh, and there were flaws, but those are another can of worms, and even if they had thousands of years (yeah hyperboles!) probably the game would still have those flaws, simply because they were ingrained in the design.

Uhm.. what were we talking about by the way?

Haha, I will probably piss off Alpha a lot :lol:, but...

There are lots of talks about how Bioware games are perfect and bla bla bla, but they are full of bugs like hell. Sometimes their patches make more bugs than fix.

I think it's normal these day to release a game with bugs, as long as you can enjoy the game. It sounds very wrong, but I get this feeling.

Tetris was bug free though haha It's hard to expect anyone to make a huge game with lot's of content in it in short time without bugs, but probably this just because im not perfectionist, but I really think that bugs should not be considered as a reason to complain. There are not so many western-RPG so we need to support any attempt to make one. :sorcerer:

this is the only forum before that I used. So AP forum is the second in my life :(

LOL my apologies ; i can understand that. Welcome to Obsidian forum...to answer your Original post :

I read some support from devs or Obsidian team before the game be released but after that i missing them.

this is the only forum before that I used. So AP forum is the second in my life :)

LOL my apologies ; i can understand that. Welcome to Obsidian forum...to answer your Original post :

I read some support from devs or Obsidian team before the game be released but after that i missing them.

Thank you ^_^

Welcome! We'd love to be on here more but like they said, we're all really busy with our other projects. I'm sure you'll see some of us pop in from time to time. :)

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...