Ok just out of curiosity did anyone else not like or trust Mina or was it just me? Also *SPOILERS* did anyone else not save her?

Yeah it's abit short and abrupt but I want to get peoples opinion first before I say why. Also tired from working and being at uni today =P

I'm through two of the safehouse hubs and I have to say I'm ambivalent towards Mina. I like Scarlett better. Hard to not like an intelligent, super hot redhead

Amen Brother Amen to that, Scarlet is the best female character in this game :D

"...Waste of a Missile but everyone on this Island seem Trigger-happy"

@Morgoth: You had to "accidentally" shoot someone because of AI? Not sure I follow.

But tranquilizer rounds would have prevented that relationship drop. Though I'm not sure if the drop was meant to be so big or if it's a bug. I mean normally there's only -1 with her for killing innocents, but they are CIA/state agents after all.

Well, I should rather say the AI was unpredictable. Either way, I didn't think of tranquilizer darts because I though it was okay to shoot them. Until of course Mina pointed out it's not. But then it was too late as hell broke loose.

It's perfectly OK to shoot them, Mina just doesn't like it when you do it. You don't always have to do what girls want. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If you have a good relationship with Mina and don't sleep with her at first occasion, she tells you she is not working for AP, but was infiltrating it...she didn't want to use you, but when Halbech took over she felt she hadn't had another choice...the last part is disclosed when you side with Leland and then don't kill her.

Heck is one of the only characters a trust completely and he's a nutjob LOL

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

Same here, with the addition of SIE (because she is way too psycho to simply *plan-and-betray* :D ) and Albatross (but only because he is reasonable).

And that's a really great thing about the game - I mean, in an espionage game I want to see characters I can't or don't want to trust.

I would say "unpredictable AI" is a good thing

Depends on what you mean by unpredictable AI.

For Brayko sure. But really, if we're attempting to accurately model humans with the AI, they should behave in a predictable way based upon our expectations of how humans behave :p

Heck is one of the only characters a trust completely and he's a nutjob LOL

I completely agree with you =P I found Heck to be one of the more trust worthy characters ingame.

Why does everyone take everything I say out of context?

If you love me click these two banners =P

868948.png

868948.png

There's a problem. Shaheed WARNED Michael Thorton NOT to call in at the actual site of the missiles itself. He nearly got himself killed if weren't for Mina's timely warning.

Here's the thing, though. If Michael Thorton had survived without Mina's warning, AND went back to Alpha Protocol, would they arrest or kill him? That's what vague to me. Mina made it seem that way. I'm not so sure that's the case. Yes, Halbech sent those missiles to destroy the evidence, but if Thorton survived, it meant it would cause Halbech too much trouble to kill him.

She didn't betray him perse. Halbech might have done something to him, but this isn't proven, because she never gives him a chance. She did mislead him.

There's a problem. Shaheed WARNED Michael Thorton NOT to call in at the actual site of the missiles itself. He nearly got himself killed if weren't for Mina's timely warning.

Here's the thing, though. If Michael Thorton had survived without Mina's warning, AND went back to Alpha Protocol, would they arrest or kill him? That's what vague to me. Mina made it seem that way. I'm not so sure that's the case. Yes, Halbech sent those missiles to destroy the evidence, but if Thorton survived, it meant it would cause Halbech too much trouble to kill him.

She didn't betray him perse. Halbech might have done something to him, but this isn't proven, because she never gives him a chance. She did mislead him.

I take it you're somewhat Pro-Mina? =P Not in a bad way or anything.

868948.png

868948.png

I trusted her completely (even got her clothes off and had a cute scene where she's wearing my shirt only), but had trouble figuring out which way to go to save her and ended up accidentely letting her die (i'm going to... correct that). I thought she might have been working for Leland for a bit but *shrugs*.

Quite a twist if she had been.

I didn't trust her but got her clothes off in the hope of unraveling her secrets. Then, I too missed where she was in the final level and had her die :ermm:.

I'm still fairly positive that she's the one that sold you out in Alpha Protocol though but the game seemed to not care about that little detail about halfway through.

Edit - errrr, apparently my suspicious were right. Should have read the rest of the thread first before replying though.

Edited by BEES

@Mina as a Mike-girl:

Well Scarlett is certainly the best Bond-Mike girl and SIE is just a awesome bomb of aggressive fun (and testosterone ^^) but imho Mina makes a great Partner for professional Mikes.

@BEES: Huh? "Sold you out" in the meaning of forcing you into Alpha Protocol? Then yes. But she didn't sell you out to Leeland/Halbech or was in any way working with them - in contrary her whole agenda was to investigate Alpha Protocol and then to bring Leeland/Halbech down.

I'm repeating myself here but if you're in a good relationship Mina confesses all that by her own choice. You probably got her clothes off too fast -_-

It seems that I'm one of the more pro-Mina people in this thread but just want to point one thing out again: If it weren't for her Mike prolly would've died.

@jokerwoker:

probably depends on how much Leeland would've though that you could be turned or used a as a tool. In any case if they did leave you alive you'd be working to further Leelands plans and that would be an no-go for me.

Edited by Rimat

@Mina as a Mike-girl:

Well Scarlett is certainly the best Bond-Mike girl and SIE is just a awesome bomb of aggressive fun (and testosterone ^^) but imho Mina makes a great Partner for professional Mikes.

@BEES: Huh? "Sold you out" in the meaning of forcing you into Alpha Protocol? Then yes. But she didn't sell you out to Leeland/Halbech or was in any way working with them - in contrary her whole agenda was to investigate Alpha Protocol and then to bring Leeland/Halbech down.

I'm repeating myself here but if you're in a good relationship Mina confesses all that by her own choice. You probably got her clothes off too fast -_-

It seems that I'm one of the more pro-Mina people in this thread but just want to point one thing out again: If it weren't for her Mike prolly would've died.

@jokerwoker:

probably depends on how much Leeland would've though that you could be turned or used a as a tool. In any case if they did leave you alive you'd be working to further Leelands plans and that would be an no-go for me.

Yeah on my first playthrough I didn't waste any time getting in her pants. Second playthrough I actually took the time to talk to her (lol)! And yeah, she'll spill the beans if your understanding about it. Given that outcome, it seems she had no choice but to give up your position. My best guess would be it was an order from Parker or Weyland. The reason she was helping you out from the beginning is because, as she explained,

she's a double agent for another organization, the game leads you to believe NSA, but my guesstimate is either G22 or some other shadowy organization (like majestic 12!). She also tells you her other organization doesnt want what Halbech is gonna do to happen as well.

Well Scarlett is certainly the best Bond-Mike girl

That's all I needed to hear. You and I best friends for life =P Haha

Yeah on my first playthrough I didn't waste any time getting in her pants. Second playthrough I actually took the time to talk to her (lol)! And yeah, she'll spill the beans if your understanding about it. Given that outcome, it seems she had no choice but to give up your position. My best guess would be it was an order from Parker or Weyland. The reason she was helping you out from the beginning is because, as she explained,

she's a double agent for another organization, the game leads you to believe NSA, but my guesstimate is either G22 or some other shadowy organization (like majestic 12!). She also tells you her other organization doesnt want what Halbech is gonna do to happen as well.

G22!? I never trusted Albatross! =P Just kidding.

I think one of the main reasons I didn't like what she did to me was; I don't like being used without my knowledge. I can understand her doing what she did but I don't apporve.

868948.png

868948.png

The game never tells us who she worked for. It's probably an organization that isn't interested in chaos, even "controlled" or "organized" chaos. The obvious answer she works for someone or some group within the NSA itself.

Cosidering the Gellato dude, she might have left the NSA, at least openly, because the NSA was incompetent.

As a side note, Alpha Protocol is a poor fit for her. She's prefers rules and regulations, but never disregards people. This in-itself makes her life miserable in Alpha Protocol.

if you get all secret info for Mina and complete the dossier, and also interrogate her at the end, it's pretty damn clear she is working for the NSA.

if you get all secret info for Mina and complete the dossier, and also interrogate her at the end, it's pretty damn clear she is working for the NSA.

How did you get all the pieces of her dossier?

I think the first piece is when you talk to her when you wake up. The second piece is when you "shoot" Darcy fo her. The third piece is when you ask her about dossier in the briefing before one of missions in Saudi Arabia.

On a side note, my tech points were level 8 and Thorton decoded the Assassination data and not Mina. That was cool.

Yeah, I noticed that too. That's a really clever bit of reactivity.

I also was able to pretend to delete the bugs in the g22 server while leaving a last one, something I was not able to do on my other character that did not have any technical aptitude.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

On a side note, my tech points were level 8 and Thorton decoded the Assassination data and not Mina. That was cool.

I also was able to pretend to delete the bugs in the g22 server while leaving a last one, something I was not able to do on my other character that did not have any technical aptitude.

I wonder if other "classes" get reactive moments like these.

I wonder if other "classes" get reactive moments like these.

They should given the disucssions we've seen in other places on here from Devs. I did notice in my "meet conrad" conversation Thorton said "I'm an operative now, I had to change my 5 year plan after saudi". I expect that if I'd gone with commando or whatever I'd find that he said something else.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.