Ok just out of curiosity did anyone else not like or trust Mina or was it just me? Also *SPOILERS* did anyone else not save her?

Yeah it's abit short and abrupt but I want to get peoples opinion first before I say why. Also tired from working and being at uni today =P

Edited by TrueZarken

Why does everyone take everything I say out of context?

If you love me click these two banners =P

868948.png

868948.png

Ok just out of curiosity did anyone else not like or trust Mina or was it just me? Also *SPOILERS* did anyone else not save her?

Yeah it's abit short and abrupt but I want to get peoples opinion first before I say why. Also tired from working and being at uni today =P

I trusted her completely (even got her clothes off and had a cute scene where she's wearing my shirt only), but had trouble figuring out which way to go to save her and ended up accidentely letting her die (i'm going to... correct that). I thought she might have been working for Leland for a bit but *shrugs*.

Quite a twist if she had been.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Mina Tang was the only one from the Alpha Protocol group I did trust.

but had trouble figuring out which way to go to save her and ended up accidentely letting her die

I did the same thing first time around. I hate that the game closes off areas once you go through certain doors.

Her dossier suggested she was still working for the NSA, investigating AP, making her the only one not working for Leland.

Edited by Hell Kitty

problem is, if you believe Parker, she has something to do with the missiles

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

Back from my nap =P Haha alright down to business...

I trusted her completely (even got her clothes off and had a cute scene where she's wearing my shirt only), but had trouble figuring out which way to go to save her and ended up accidentely letting her die (i'm going to... correct that). I thought she might have been working for Leland for a bit but *shrugs*.

Quite a twist if she had been.

You even trusted her from the beginning in the infirmary?

Mina Tang was the only one from the Alpha Protocol group I did trust.

I didn't trust anyone from Alpha Protocol. That was my general rule throughout Alpha Protocol don't trust anyone unless it is absolutely necessary and Mina conveniently helping me out at very convenient moments just made me think she was up to no good.

I think my Father and Grand Father drilled into my head don't trust anyone unless absolutely necessary and if it's too good to be true it usually is =P

EDIT:

Exactly, I also unlocked her dossier 100% and the secret fact and also learned *Spoilers* that she was the one that made you rogue. Should I trust Parker, or shouldn't I? This game has so many shades of Grey it's awesome =D

Edited by TrueZarken

868948.png

868948.png

yup, but she used you, made you go rogue, so you could help her to unravel AP for the NSA. It seems to be something like this, looking at her Dossier and Parker's info.

Edited by cesko

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

I also didn't trust anyone in Alpha.... Mina was suspicious and in the beginning before the her first transmission in medical bay the guy from the Gelato shop from Rome appeared. ( Still I don't know what his role is, maybe he is the most shady character from the game :sorcerer: with a perfect cover :) although he is in the NSA outpost so it may explain connection between Mina and NSA ) I was aware that something is unclear about her and in the end I finished with knowledge that I was used as her tool in shutting down Alpha Protocol beneath frendship... she ordered the missile strike and started the events...and in this I believe Parker because it makes sense....

Check helbech ending and Leland will tell you how she was involved in the process and then you will get more from her...

Edited by Shadow Operative
"...Waste of a Missile but everyone on this Island seem Trigger-happy"

yup, but she used you, made you go rogue, so you could help her to unravel AP for the NSA. It seems to be something like this, looking at her Dossier and Parker's info.

Yes, but she started with that before she cared about Thorton. And once she started caring... there was not really any turning back on her plan.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

And I always have a dilemma concerning that because you can't get a scene with Scarlet..... so Scarlet Wins :D

And maybe this whole caring thing is just acting and in order to protect the asset because you are just a tool to achieve her mission.... and without it she will fail it...

Edited by Shadow Operative

I also trusted her, but at the ending I was surprised that in the beginning I was used by her

And I always have a dilemma concerning that because you can't get a scene with Scarlet..... so Scarlet Wins :D

You my friend are my new best friend =P Haha

868948.png

868948.png

Throughout the game she was one of my more trusted people but I was still a little cautious and wondering what agenda she might have and if she was working for another organization, especially after that intercepted email from the NSA about a deep mole contacting them. Which were not unfounded as I found out later in the game ;)

Exactly, I also unlocked her dossier 100% and the secret fact and also learned *Spoilers* that she was the one that made you rogue. Should I trust Parker, or shouldn't I? This game has so many shades of Grey it's awesome =D

Well, if you have a good relationship with her, Mina even tells you herself that she was the one who forced you into Alpha Protocol at the beginning. It also didn't seemed like she enjoyed deceiving you, in contrary seems rather regretful and I don't think she's faking this.

But when she confessed it I must admit that I was a little unsure what to think of it, but after giving it some thought I wasn't angry at her. I mean

a) she did it for a good cause

b) if she hadn't done it you would be either working for an organization that was fulfilling Leland's plans or dead, if the missiles were sent by Leland/AP and meant to be lethal

And about those missiles:

Not sure about that, I haven't talked to Parker about that yet only about Madison after which he ended the transmission.

But I'm not sure how much I would trust Parker on this - he seems not like the bluffing type, but considering he's the initial mole for Leland and was pivotal in transforming AP into Leland's tool... not very much i guess. But next time I'm gonna try to talk about the missiles with Parker and we'll see what I think of it then.

It wasn't clear for me either what Parker meant with it, about Mina, she could have said something earlier, after you got blacklisted or burned

Parker told me that while Mina was responsible for my rogue status, he was the one who sent the missiles. He was following orders and personally would have preferred to bring Thorton in to be monitored.

Edited by Hell Kitty

That lying bastard, I

Good to know @missiles. Would have been weird if Mina had sth to with it, as it doesn't fit the image I have of Mina.

@cesko: Heh, he deserves that anyway. First time I didn't even contact him since I knew from found intel and Madison that he was Leland's initial collaborator and opted for pdf/Dengs message instead.

@Morgoth: You had to "accidentally" shoot someone because of AI? Not sure I follow.

But tranquilizer rounds would have prevented that relationship drop. Though I'm not sure if the drop was meant to be so big or if it's a bug. I mean normally there's only -1 with her for killing innocents, but they are CIA/state agents after all.

@Morgoth: You had to "accidentally" shoot someone because of AI? Not sure I follow.

But tranquilizer rounds would have prevented that relationship drop. Though I'm not sure if the drop was meant to be so big or if it's a bug. I mean normally there's only -1 with her for killing innocents, but they are CIA/state agents after all.

Well, I should rather say the AI was unpredictable. Either way, I didn't think of tranquilizer darts because I though it was okay to shoot them. Until of course Mina pointed out it's not. But then it was too late as hell broke loose.

I would say "unpredictable AI" is a good thing

You my friend are my new best friend =P Haha

Still I'm not alone in Scarlet fanclub :p but I think she has more complex deep personality in-game and she's an assassin so this femme-fatale motive is great. She can be either entertaining and caring and when the time comes a cold blooded professional... which is just perfect and of course she's the most attractive character in the game :) (also I suppose she has got the best "textures" in game :D so by this Mina looses points in the ranking)

So until they fix the ending Mina rather won't be saved :)

But again sticking to the topic have you noticed that guy form the Gelato shop in Rome appearing before she shows on the screen of your PDA in Medical bay at the beginning... That was weird and this was the reason I didn't trust her at all or there is something different about it... Maybe someone has a clue about this ??

Was this guy truly an NSA agent or someone else and if she was aware of that and by using you she wanted to contact NSA....

so many questions...

Well, I should rather say the AI was unpredictable. Either way, I didn't think of tranquilizer darts because I though it was okay to shoot them. Until of course Mina pointed out it's not. But then it was too late as hell broke loose.

I think at the CIA offices you get docked one for every agent you kill, I accidentally shot one (The game made it seem as if I all of a sudden went nuts on them and killed em all) and only lost one point of friendship.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm through two of the safehouse hubs and I have to say I'm ambivalent towards Mina. I like Scarlett better. Hard to not like an intelligent, super hot redhead, especially with Irish blood in my veins :)