Possibly the worse game I've played for some years.

If I lived near you Obsidian, I'd show up with a box and ask for my money back. How could you spend 3+ years of your lives and release this turd? There are so many bad, poorly implemented or outright broken design choices that it boggles the mind who was in charge of this and what state of mind he approved of it. I won't bother outlining the problems, read the reviews on the net, except for this little gem which beats them all; I still have to squint my eyes hours after playing because of that hacking mini game with the number grid. Fire whoever came up with it right now, then SEGA does the same to the man who let it go past Are you retarded? stage in the meeting room.

Don't bother responding, I'm not going to be visiting back. Vegas preorder canceled.

By far the worse game you have produced. At least the previous games were fun to play if buggy/unfinished.

If I lived near you Obsidian, I'd show up with a box and ask for my money back. How could you spend 3+ years of your lives and release this turd? There are so many bad, poorly implemented or outright broken design choices that it boggles the mind who was in charge of this and what state of mind he approved of it. I won't bother outlining the problems, read the reviews on the net, except for this little gem which beats them all; I still have to squint my eyes hours after playing because of that hacking mini game with the number grid. Fire whoever came up with it right now, then SEGA does the same to the man who let it go past Are you retarded? stage in the meeting room.

Don't bother responding, I'm not going to be visiting back. Vegas preorder canceled.

By far the worse game you have produced. At least the previous games were fun to play if buggy/unfinished.

Why do people have such a hard time with hacking? I found it nice and engaging - it can get suspenseful if the time starts running out and you haven't placed the second string yet, especially if they're the hard 5-character strings. It's hardly impossible, though - quite the opposite, I found the long strings to be too easy.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

First of all, glad you won't visit again after that statement. Yes the game isn't flaweless, but hack it's addictive and has a great story.

Also I liked those minigames, yes they're hard, but I liked them nonetheless.

Plus I think New Vegas can be a great hit, because storywise it's gotta be better then Fallout 3 and they use the same engine so I'm going to buy that game for sure!

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

Why do people have such a hard time with hacking? I found it nice and engaging - it can get suspenseful if the time starts running out and you haven't placed the second string yet, especially if they're the hard 5-character strings. It's hardly impossible, though - quite the opposite, I found the long strings to be too easy.

Because anything that is even remotely challenging makes them frustrated and frustration leads to crying...

Hacking was my favourite minigame, sure the blocks could have moved faster but other than that it was way better than any other hacking minigame i've seen in the rpgs lately.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Because anything that is even remotely challenging makes them frustrated and frustration leads to crying...

Hacking was my favourite minigame, sure the blocks could have moved faster but other than that it was way better than any other hacking minigame i've seen in the rpgs lately.

Yeah, my main problem with hacking was moving to the blocks rather than identifying them. Actually, it led to some fairly suspenseful moments when time was running out and I was frantically trying to wiggle the mouse-controlled block into place. It felt *really* satisfying to finish the hack, even though I was completing around 80% of the 5-character block hacks correctly on the first try. I actually found the 11-circuit puzzle to be more of a struggle to complete on time than the hacking (though even that was certainly doable).

The only minigame I didn't love was the lockpicking, and that was mainly because the tolerances were too small and the amount my oversensitive mouse moves while clicking was sometimes enough to throw it off and trigger an alarm. Even that is a minor gripe, though - it didn't happen very often.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

that lockpicking minigame was really designed for a controller. Feels very immersive on 360

That's why I play it on pc with my 360 controller, it works great for the minigames

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

Moving the right string with the mouse is an exercise in frustration since the mouse input often doesn't respond right away and doesn't move smoothly. Nothing like placing your string over the right area only to have it shift off just as you're confirming your selection. Other than the control issue, though, it's a surprisingly easy mini-game.

LOL, trolling it isn't creative anymore.

I won't bother to report you, since you are probably a Obsidian fan in disguise looking for some fun or a completely silly person.

Edited by LookAndRoll

After 3 points in Sabotage, I found that Hacking became doable. In the beginning of the game, though, it was nearly impossible for me.

Oh, so sabotage is the hacking skill?

I thought it was technical aptitude.

Hacking? HARD? Bleh. Just because it's more challenging than the usual RPG mini games, doesn't mean it's impossible.

After Saudi I had no problems with it and I have only 2 points in Sabotage.

Edited by Mojito
bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

Well its buggy unfinished and all, but whats with hacking guys?

its awesome.

when i played Mass effect 2, i liked hacking mini. But it was way too easy.

In AP its perfect (yes movement of cursors - both of them could be faster and more responsive) but its hard and its possible to loose it. I love that.

On the other hand lockpicking is too easy. :) And no i will not (never) buy gamepad.

Edited by Tin

Thank you Garbage, your post was... good you are not coming back, we really do not need you, errr.. Garbage... ;)

Edited by edgarcuk

Don't feed the garbage's trolls.

But maybe it will grow into a full member.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You know, originally I didn't like the minigames either, but then I found them actually somewhat challenging and thus rather fun, unlike the whole hacking 'game play' of Mass Effect 2.

I found hacking to be the least enjoyable (in the sense that it took the longest for me), yet I found the bypass and lockpicking quite awesome.

If you don't like the minigames though; spend those 3 points and get a point into Sabotage, then carry around some emp grenades.