Not just mention, they repeat it several times until the ending. President candidate Darcy even encourages a hunt for you IIRC. :no:

Heck's dialogue wen somehow like this:

-So Mike a VCI guy comes and says Steve Heck, I have an offer you can't refuse. So I broke some of his fingers for calling me Steve and asked what his offer is. Said he'll give me 5 (or 50, can't remember) million dollars if I spread that you are the guy who shot Sung!

-You didn't..

-Well I never liked you Mike so have fun!

Thanks for that. Did you finish that playthrough? Did Lailand mention that in the end? That would be cool. Do you have to go into hiding, or can you reveal the real assassin, if you figure out who it is?

I still don't get why he didn't betray me. Maybe because I came to him as soon as I got there, if I waited for a while, I could have gotten -1 for that. Or maybe its a bug.

Edited by Spiked

You can build up a fairly decent relationship with Heck without casually offing civilians and going too mad...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thanks for that. Did you finish that playthrough? Did Lailand mention that in the end? That would be cool. Do you have to go into hiding, or can you reveal the real assassin, if you figure out who it is?
Leland didn't mention it, but the credits news said that Mike is still being hunted. Mina may have mentioned it at some point but eh, my memory is crap. ;)

There was no way to expose the assassin (and I was (trying to) romancing Scarlet anyway).

No, you can't, someone else is the assassin, but Heck gives the name to the public, if he likes you, he just gives a random name, but if he dislikes you, I guess he gives your name? What did the news say, did they mention you as a suspect?

He doesn't give a random name, he gives the name of Wen Shu, the guy he wanted to use the dry cleaner on.

No, you can't, someone else is the assassin, but Heck gives the name to the public, if he likes you, he just gives a random name, but if he dislikes you, I guess he gives your name? What did the news say, did they mention you as a suspect?

He doesn't give a random name, he gives the name of Wen Shu, the guy he wanted to use the dry cleaner on.

Yeah, and as Tig said, it's friggin hilarious. I missed a line or two of dialogue laughing after that one.

but he's a funny a-hole

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

Lesson for us all, never put Hecks keys in the candy dish!

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

looking at my own sig... oeps, brain malfunction concured.

Yeah, you're right

Yeah, Heck leaves Wen Shu out to dry, which is fantastic.

Actually, in my very first playthrough, when I saw Heck torturing Wen, the first thing I thought was - these guys are probably friends. Wen's probably a good friend / lackey of Heck, but pissed him off. I think I'm right - and later, in the credits, you hear that a copy of Catcher in the Rye has been found in his home. Not something Heck would do, I think Wen is a Chinese agent that's wound up with Heck somehow.

I thought the Catcher in the Rye is supposed to be a "police found a copy of Need for Speed on the serial murderer's couch" joke.

It's a reference to the book's association with Mark David Chapman and John Hinckley. Many conspiracy theories have been spun out of this, so it fits Heck's persona to plant a copy as additional evidence against Wen.

I thought the Catcher in the Rye is supposed to be a "police found a copy of Need for Speed on the serial murderer's couch" joke.

It's a reference to the book's association with Mark David Chapman and John Hinckley. Many conspiracy theories have been spun out of this, so it fits Heck's persona to plant a copy as additional evidence against Wen.

Oh.

Does Heck ever give Mike up as the shooter? He was at -8 Rep with me on playthrough II, yet he still gave them Wen's name instead. It... endeared him to me, somewhat. :thumbsup:
Did you delete his files in the hotel? If not, this may very well be a bug.

Does Heck ever give Mike up as the shooter? He was at -8 Rep with me on playthrough II, yet he still gave them Wen's name instead. It... endeared him to me, somewhat. -_-
Did you delete his files in the hotel? If not, this may very well be a bug.

I didn't delete his files, no. I was actively trying to make him loathe me.

Maybe it also depends on wheter you are stealthy (dislike probably) or violent (yay!)?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Maybe it also depends on wheter you are stealthy (dislike probably) or violent (yay!)?

Hmmm. Possibly. It WAS with my uber-violent soldier. Though, that said, I still stealthed the hotel mission... and made sure Heck didn't kill anyone.