Alpha Protocol is a great game

If you love stealth/action/C&C games i highly recommend it. Obsidian did a great job. The game isn't mediocre like said the unfair reviews and haters impressions. If you take time to learn how the gunplay/weapons/skills/armor works in the game your understand that AP was well developed. This game is very different ; so don't expect it to be a simply TPS ; because it isn't. . The char isn't an expert like Sam Fisher when hacking/lockpicking/shooting; that's why you have a skill tree to develop/upgrade and made Mike Thornton an expert spy. I am very happy with my purchase and i hope Obsidian/SEGA be very proud of AP because good games like this are very rare to find nowadays.

PD - excuse my english i know is fatal.

That is exactly the problem, people have the expectation that this is a TPS and that you should start out as a Maxed out spy. I fully agree that those games are fun. Splinter Cell is a fun series and I have enjoyed all of them. It is nice to just be able to line up your crosshairs and someone dies, etc. That is not the storyline though, nor is it what the game is. AP is a new genre, a fusion of several game systems/styles into a new one.

RPGs are firmly based on you as a player creating the character, both through conversations and skills. With that in mind the game worked fully as I thought it would. The skill system is fine and works quite well with the storyline as it is presented. I think people who play it will see that the reviews are all skewed toward thinking it is a TPS with some RP vs an RPG with some TPS.

I think of AP as more of a how Sam Fisher would be made game than a Splinter Cell knock off. I mean Sam did not spring fully grown from his mothers womb armed with a assault rifle, pistol and knife. By the end of the game you could have max stealth, pistols, hacking. Then you are set up. But this is more about the journey that created Michael Thorton. The recruit path even says that you JUST graduated from training 6 months before you came to AP. The set ups, betrayals, plots, etc. All the things that forged him into what he ends up as at the end.

Try playing as a vet and see how overpowered you are as you go through.

I totally agree. Played my first playthrough with stealth, pistol and martial arts guy and I sure as **** had fun playing this. I might have woken up my neighbours couple of times after some of the bosses killed me (wasn't using Chain shot at first...) or when hacking/lockpicking failed and my neat stealth run turned into a bloodbath.

Fell in love with the dialogue and c&c system in the game and now I'm "forced" to finish the game at least few times more before I can go back to Red Dead Redemption :ermm:

Hate the living, love the dead.

I totally agree. Played my first playthrough with stealth, pistol and martial arts guy and I sure as **** had fun playing this. I might have woken up my neighbours couple of times after some of the bosses killed me (wasn't using Chain shot at first...) or when hacking/lockpicking failed and my neat stealth run turned into a bloodbath.

Fell in love with the dialogue and c&c system in the game and now I'm "forced" to finish the game at least few times more before I can go back to Red Dead Redemption :ermm:

Yeah.

I had a few fun shootouts. I kept my pistol unsilenced, logic being that if I had to use my pistol I had already ****ed up my stealth run. It was great, I was able to stealth through a few missions undetected, and even if I was caught I was always able to fight my way out of it due to the maxed pistol skills and a few points in toughness.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

at my stealth run I had some kills, but those where all killed by collateral damage LOL

but the stat input is definitely noticeable, so a great rpg and I like how it's so addictive to play

Edited by cesko

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!