Looks like murder is in style this season!

After playing this masterpiece, Alpha Protocol, I want rewatch all Burn Notice episodes :)

Do you know any good movies or TV shows in Alpha Protocol style? Except James Bond!

Edited by imkao

Chuck is more a comedy, but still fun

Maybe Alias

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

Burn notice new season starts this week, so it's spy week.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Chuck I watch, 24 I don't like, but that "Alias" thing intrigued me! And season 1 is on DVD very cheap.

I've read a bit on Wikipedia, though I'm a bit scared of spoilers. Can you say something more, what kind of TV show is that, I mean is there one plot, or each episode is one mission? If yes, could you give an example?

And most important, did they manage to close all the threards before ending the show, or it's one of these where they just screwed the viewer?;)

Little bit of both, plot and standalone, ending from the seasons is more plot driven.

Nope they didn't screw the viewers, they heard on time that they where canceled, so that they could make a proper ending for the serie

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

But if you want class act espionage starring a female lead I recommend La Femme Nikita

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Chuck is awesome if you like a healthy dose of Geek Humor. IF you want more serious spy stuff, stay away. Season 1 was cut short by the Writer's Strike, so Season 2 re-did a lot of the plots and themes from that season for new viewers. Basically, you can get away with just watching the series premiere then skip to Season 2 and only miss one minor plot arc of any consequence.

24 I'd avoid unless you know which seasons to skip (mainly Season 3 & the most recent/final season). The best to watch cold are Seasons 1 (obviously),2, and 4. After that, the mythology gets way too dense for most newcomers to get all the drama and handwringing that goes on.

Alias is *awesome* if you don't mind a bit of sci-fi slipped in under the radar. Basically, the metaplot revolves around a 15th Century architect who somehow invented devices CENTURIES ahead of his time, that various agencies are racing to collect because of some mysterious prophesied endgame. Note, avoid the 5th season. The show got an extra year at the last minute, and it shows. A lot of fans feel the show had its *real* ending at the end of Season 4, minus the last 30 seconds.

And of course, Burn Notice is god-like. It's one flaw is it sticks to its formula a little *too* much. The Spy Plot for each season is in every episode, but until this year, the A-Plots had almost nothing to do with it. At first, you wont' care, but by midway through Season 2, it starts to get frustrating how he can be in the middle of something crucial to finding out who Burned him,... and then things grind to a halt as he helps some random person he bumps into walking down the sidewalk. This last season finally fixed that by making the some of the clients have a connection to said metaplot, so the Client of the Week stopped seeming like padding.

Edited by Barachiel

I found the 5th season good enough, it wasn

maybe we need to stop talking lol, a lot of spoilers for imkao

Watch the Bourne trilogy before/after playing, and you'll be in spy heaven

IMHO, the Bourne trilogy sucks. It just doesn't appeal to me. The fact that the cameraman keeps having seizures doesn't help either.

bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

Just watched the first ep of the new season of Burn Notice!! Now going back to see the other Michael LOL

General secret agent/spy/espionage movies:

Spy Game - worth a watch.

Sneakers - decent, although more tech and heist mixed in with government agencies. The humor is cheesy.

The Man Who Knew Too Little - comedy but c'mon, it's Bill Murray

Spartan - good but Val Kilmer's been coasting through roles for years.

The Day of the Jackal - classic film

The Conversation - another classic, Gene Hackman is great

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold - great film

The "if you're really bored" pile: The Recruit, Body of Lies