The Conspiracy Against Alpha Protocol

Oh, and also. Using Deus ex and bloodlines in this games line is a excuse too. Im sorry, saying "This game will be good when the fans patch it" is saying "This game is crap before the fans patched it". Remember that. Deus Ex is a fan loved game because FANS put the effort in Ion never did. Same with Bloodlines.

Heh, on the TNM forums we talk about making a DX Fanmade patch.

10 year after date. It still doesn't exist.

So, no idea where the "DX sucks and fans fixed it" came from...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Woohow! A conspiracy theory in a forum dealing with a conspiracy-based game? :p

It's far-fetched in my opinion, things tend to be much more simple.

In this case, look at the reviews of Gears of War, God of War or Modern Warfare 2: They praise those games.

Let's be honest, those games are simple as a rock, and we're speaking about a really flat and uninteresting rock then.

Alpha Protocol is much more complex, but some reviewrs and gamers simply didn't bother to comprehend it.

That's about it.

I didn't get any money to write my review in a degrading tone :)

Woohow! A conspiracy theory in a forum dealing with a conspiracy-based game? :)

Don't forget that it has one of the nuttiest conspiracy theorist ever :) The "government wants to buy all the land in America" is the more probable of all. He frankly got the cake when he mentioned strawberries' rise in price as a careful experiment by the global government "to see what happens".

The reviews are as they are because the game is very flawed, it has nothing to do with who the developer is.

The game is flawed, but I think people will overlook flaws based upon WHO makes the game, not just the game contents itself.

Games like Oblivion and Fallout 3 were very flawed games IMO, but they have achieved some of the highest scores in history from reviewers.

I must be the only person who sees no issues in liking both Bioware and Obsidian games? It's kind of like looking at a table with lemon pie, rhubarb pie and 12 plates of dogpoo and then starting a Jihad over which of the two pies is better. :p

I love games from both companies. I just feel that they have different strengths as studios.

Oh, and also. Using Deus ex and bloodlines in this games line is a excuse too. Im sorry, saying "This game will be good when the fans patch it" is saying "This game is crap before the fans patched it". Remember that. Deus Ex is a fan loved game because FANS put the effort in Ion never did. Same with Bloodlines.

I didn't even know there was a fan patch for Deus Ex until you mentioned it right now. It didn't need one as far as I was concerned.
Because there is none. Yet. Edited by Oner

I didn't even know DX had bugs.

Every game has at least little bugs. Also, it's always a question of what people assume to be a bug. Though, Deus Ex had tons of glitches, actually. It's the only way to skip some bosses.

And I'm not joking not to mention Deus Ex Ki was considerd mediocre to weak for that time in contrast to for example Half Life.

Yeah well, AP is considered broken, so there.

Did I speak of AP? I just mentioned it since I have still good feelings about the release day back then. Also about its shortcomings but that didn't even concern me. Enjoyed it throughly.

Doesn't mean I can't bring it up when people once again glorify things and keep talking about something that is flawless which it isn't. In my opinion, nothing is.

Also, I don't think AP is much more broken than Deus Ex back then. It's pretty much similiar, actually. Deus Ex wasn't actually liked for its combat either.

Edited by C2B

Yeah, but they didn't quite crack down DX as much as AP for it's 'outdated graphics', 'metric tons of bugs' and 'horrid AI', right?

Or did I forgot all the 5/10's DX got?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

What I meant was that DX having mediocre AI is just as bull**** as AP being broken.

Ahhhhhhh, sorry. Well, yeah, you're right. But both is really a matter of perspective.

In my viewpoint it wasn't (Especially because of the multiple approach). It just was a general viewpoint.

AP is also critizized as broken. That's why I said it's similiar how these two games were complained about.

(Though, DX was still loved at realeased in contrast TO ap that was panned.)

Edited by C2B

Yeah, but they didn't quite crack down DX as much as AP for it's 'outdated graphics', 'metric tons of bugs' and 'horrid AI', right?

Those times appreciated the good things more.

Those times appreciated the good things more.

Actually 1998-2001/2 were probably the golden years of pc gaming. Most of my all time favourites are from that period. Today, we have lots of streamlined stuff with nothing really exceptional standing out.

Its amazing the wide range of problems people have and complaints. I really like the RPG stuff. It felt like a step from ME2 back to ME1 which I liked alot better. It doesn't run as smoothly as ME2, but it still is pretty smooth. I don't think the minor lack of polish in some areas is worth the huge review score drop. The gameplay is very fun, so far the story is interesting for me. I don't think it is an ugly game, it is just a different style. Heck, didn't most reviewers love the different style of Borderlands?

Its amazing the wide range of problems people have and complaints. I really like the RPG stuff. It felt like a step from ME2 back to ME1 which I liked alot better. It doesn't run as smoothly as ME2, but it still is pretty smooth. I don't think the minor lack of polish in some areas is worth the huge review score drop. The gameplay is very fun, so far the story is interesting for me. I don't think it is an ugly game, it is just a different style. Heck, didn't most reviewers love the different style of Borderlands?

And Borderlands had horrible texture pop-in (at least on Xbox 360), clipping (enemies limbs would clip through the environment), weak guns when you first started out, pretty much no story, etc. Despite these faults, I still loved Borderlands. However, the weak guns part was a positive for me since it's an RPG. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in paid reviews.

Edited by Libertarian

Every game has at least little bugs. Also, it's always a question of what people assume to be a bug. Though, Deus Ex had tons of glitches, actually. It's the only way to skip some bosses.

And I'm not joking not to mention Deus Ex Ki was considerd mediocre to weak for that time in contrast to for example Half Life.

I actively followed the game during development and immediately after release.

Deus Ex was one of the more anticipated games of its time, especially with games like System Shock 2 in the not too distant past. It wasn't Half-Life 2, but upon release it did very well, complete with general critical success and several Game of the Year awards. They even released a Game of the Year edition shortly after. At the time it quickly replaced Half-Life as my favourite game. It pretty much kept Ion Storm afloat until Daikatana (finally) killed it once and for all.

As for "needing" glitches to skip some bosses, those are bugs and glitches for people actively circumventing parts of the game the way that there were intended to be played.

Deus Ex's combat was not it's strong point for sure (nor was it's AI), but it's typically considered one of the best games for the PC, and by more than a small number of gamers, always has been.

Deus Ex today probably wouldn't be as successful, but at the time, there's no denying it was a success. Critically and commercially. Alpha Protocol, I'm not so convinced. And I love both games.

Deus Ex today probably wouldn't be as successful, but at the time, there's no denying it was a success. Critically and commercially. Alpha Protocol, I'm not so convinced. And I love both games.

Where did I deny it?

It still doesn't change anything game quality wise....

The only thing I wanted to point out is that no game is flawless, but that doesn't mean they aren't great games.

Where did I deny it?

It still doesn't change anything game quality wise....

The only thing I wanted to point out is that no game is flawless, but that doesn't mean they aren't great games.

Gamers' perspective also changed I think.

Today we expect more polished products? AP is a multiplatform game and has been treated as such?

In the end, I think I enjoyed Deus Ex a bit more (and I played it recently mind you, I'm not a nostalgic) and I can see where the criticism towards AP comes from, but I still found so brilliant in some area, and, generally, so damn fun that it's a great game in my book.

And mind you, some reviewers rewarded it too, there are some very high scores, and not just from european mags... I think a lot of people expected a technically polished, slick and quick shooter stealth with rpg elements (meaning, great combat and stealth.. which AP doesn't have, even if I didn't find them as abysmal as some do) and didn't care one bit about one of the most carefully crafted aspect in the game, the narrative and how it intertwines with the gameplay (because it does, and a lot more than some of the most hyped games in this regard, like Fallout).

In the end, I guess it comes down to preferences, but I can see the game becoming a cult classic now.