so how long till it gets good?

I'm not trying to troll here but the game is god awful so far.

I've never been this inclined to quit a black isle or bioware game after just 40 minutes. However, I did read somwhere that it gets better...

and what were you thinking with the hacking mini game? seriously?

props for retro style animations and random running around of enemies though, funny as hell.

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I've never been this inclined to quit a black isle or bioware game after just 40 minutes. However, I did read somwhere that it gets better...

props for retro style animations and random running around of enemies though, funny as hell.

I'm not sure what you actually managed to gather from only 40 minutes. You sound almost like that d'toid review.

If it comforts you, the hubs after Saudi are much better (though for me Saudi was great as well).

Your invested exp points pay off and combat becomes very rewarding.

Minigames are better than in other games. That's for sure. The only really next to impossible minigame I've run in to was circuit bypass with 12 numbers. Hacking minigame is nice, the only downside are the controls, if those were to be fixed (somehow, if it's possible at all), then I'd like this minigame the most.

If you don't want to troll. Give actual reasons that don't sound they could be taken from any review.

Because, you don't list any reasons. The only thing you say is "godawful"

You, sir at the moment. You are a troll. :sorcerer:

If you don't want to troll. Give actual reasons that don't sound they could be taken from any review.

what the hell do you mean by that? if a review is complaining about something then i can't use that specific complaint but must come up with a new one?

anyhow, i've been buying games made by AP devs for more than a decade, and so far this game is the only one i wish i hadnt bought...

my judgement might be clouded by the severe mouse issues i'm having though

I'm not sure what you actually managed to gather from only 40 minutes.

the first part of a game is supposed to suck you in, not turn you off...according to a famous bis developer

what the hell do you mean by that? if a review is complaining about something then i can't use that specific complaint but must come up with a new one?

anyhow, i've been buying games made by AP devs for more than a decade, and so far this game is the only one i wish i hadnt bought...

my judgement might be clouded by the severe mouse issues i'm having though

Nope, you don't give any issues. Exculding technical ones that don't even happen by every user. Not to mention. NO ONE really critized the concept of the hacking minigame. It's because the control sucks on pc. On consoles its passable but it could be better.

Other reasons regarding actual story/gameplay you have given none. I highly doubt that you are even in possession of the game.

So, until you proof otherwise. You are in every meaning of the word a troll.

Nope, you don't give any issues. Exculding technical ones that don't even happen by every user. Not to mention. NO ONE really critized the concept of the hacking minigame. It's because the control sucks on pc. On consoles its passable but it could be better.

Other reasons regarding actual story/gameplay you have given none. I highly doubt that you are even in possession of the game.

So, until you proof otherwise. You are in every meaning of the word a troll.

Seems to me like a troll wouldn't have a couple of hundreds of messages in his post count on the developer's boards.

Granted, he could have explained his reasons better, but attacking him as a troll and barring him from borrowing some points from reviews (why anyway? if the points are valid, why does it matter that they come from reviews?), but your attack seems gratuitous to me.

Seems to me like a troll wouldn't have a couple of hundreds of messages in his post count on the developer's boards.

Granted, he could have explained his reasons better, but attacking him as a troll and barring him from borrowing some points from reviews (why anyway? if the points are valid, why does it matter that they come from reviews?), but your attack seems gratuitous to me.

I attacked him as a troll because of these reasons

- He listened exactly no reasons what is so godawful about the game. (Excpect referencing the hacking minigame again by giving no reason)

- Purpose of this thread is clouded. That it gets better is basicaly said everywhere. What is his question? Was he just so disappointed in the game? If so, what exactly is wrong? would be nice to get this topic over "simple bashing"

I could list more. Point is. At the moment this fills most of the criteria of a troll thread. It doesn't matter how many posts you have as long as there is no substance to his words this thread is a troll thread.

If he comes with reasons that are disscusable I will immediatly take back my statement.

Edited by C2B

The first 40 minutes of the game certainly drew me in.

Saudi Arabia was tough though,because I did not have much skills yet.

Also, if you pick the Recruit Path its going to suck even more (should be obvious, but some folks are slow).

If you pick the Stealth path and try to play it as a shooter...you are also going to find it tough.

Me? I was having fun from the get-go.

Not to mention. NO ONE really critized the concept of the hacking minigame. It's because the control sucks on pc. On consoles its passable but it could be better.

first you forbid me to use complaints from reviews and when i (apparently) have a complaint that hasnt been brought up in a review, then that complaint isnt valid coz NO ONE has brought it up before... are you on crack?

anyway, the graphics, animations and controlls are bad. I mean REALLY bad. I don't mind a shooter-RPG but then it must work both as a shooter AND a RPG. So far i'm too irritated by the shooter aspect of the game to even care about the RPG part...

it might get better though, i don't know

oh and btw the hacking mini game does indeed suck

first you forbid me to use complaints from reviews and when i (apparently) have a complaint that hasnt been brought up in a review, then that complaint isnt valid coz NO ONE has brought it up before... are you on crack?

anyway, the graphics, animations and controlls are bad. I mean REALLY bad. I don't mind a shooter-RPG but then it must work both as a shooter AND a RPG. So far i'm too irritated by the shooter aspect of the game to even care about the RPG part...

it might get better though, i don't know

oh and btw the hacking mini game does indeed suck

I think you got it a bit wrong. Let's take the word "shooter" out because AP certainly isn't one.

Yeah, you can shoot guns, but most chances you'll rely on your abilities rather than raw shooting. Besides you can take the stealth/martial arts approach and don't shoot at all.

Thus, judging it as a shooter is plain wrong approach. For instance, if I'd judge DX as a shooter it'd probably be one of the worst games ever. ME1, the same (even worse than DX). Even ME2, as streamlined as it is, falls short of real shooters.

My advice is, try to judge the game by the characters/story/dialogue and only then look at the flaws of combat (oh, they're sure present, but IMHO they're not as severe as you portrait them).

Oh, and BTW when you say that hacking sucks please add "IMHO", because many people clearly disagree with you on that (you can list me amongst them).

I think you got it a bit wrong. Let's take the word "shooter" out because AP certainly isn't one.

Yeah, you can shoot guns, but most chances you'll rely on your abilities rather than raw shooting. Besides you can take the stealth/martial arts approach and don't shoot at all.

ok, let's call it a shooter-stealth-martial arts-rpg. Then it fails in 3 out of 4 areas. It's maddening because the RPG part is really starting to shape up.

Don't troll each other about being trolls, people.

Depends on what you find so bad and what you want to get 'better'. If you mean graphics/animation/etc, as you can imagine, it's going to be pretty similar. Though most people enjoy the looks of the later hubs a lot more than the sterilised greybox.

There is a lot more C&C and branching going on in the later hubs as well, and as you level up and actually get some skill sin, the combat / gameplay becomes more fun.

I'd say finish Saudi Arabia and do another hub, e.g. Taipei, to let it 'get good'.

How can anyone answer this question without knowing why it's "god awful"?

To me it's not God Awful at all.

It actually an excellent example of a mil-RPG, despite the few bugs I encountered.

And I actually like a game where 1) lockpicking and hacking are actually kind of hard 2) this happens in realtime so you have to worry about guard paths and timings.

ok, game is pretty good now 'when in rome'

my mouse problems have been solved (almost) after billion edits and changes in .ini files and whatnot.

It's easier to accept clunky graphics and animations when there is at least some flow in the game play. AI is still horrendous though. The RPG aspect is really nice but that was to be expected. And the checkpoint saving which was infuriating at first now actually makes some sense since it hinders you from an easy reload when you're not happy with a specific outcome.

I think game becomes more fun after Saudi-Arabia. As you get more control and more things to do, and story gets more complexed. In my opinion Saudi-Arabia is a tutorial. But thats just my personal opinion.

So now your controls an lag are fixed you like the game? :D

The game is great, just takes a bit to get used to and the plot is a little complex so one has to pay attention to what is said and even better read the e-mails/Intel.

As Klimy said, from after Saudi-Arabia is when it really got good for me, mind you I did like Saudi-Arabia, just more so after that.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

Correction, is like Telos with an iron ball on your foot. That Iron Ball is called the mechanics, I swear that this game has more bugs than a corpse and I've only done two missions.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Check the Support section for help, sounds to me like you are having the mouse control issue Orogun01.

Personally the game runs flawlessly for me, only bug I get is the "Load last checkpoint" bug and that hardly affects my enjoyment at all.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild