Patch Wishlist

The ability to run the game would be nice, thank you.

System Specs:

Processor Manufacturer: AMD

Processor Name / Type: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs)

Processor Core Speed: 2.5GHz

Operating System / Service Pack: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2

System RAM: 4094MB RAM

Video (GPU) Manufacturer: ATI

Video Card Model: Radeon HD 4890

Video Card Driver Version: Catalyst 10.6

Video Card onboard RAM: 1024 MB

Sound Card Manufacturer: Creative

Sound Card Model: SB X-Fi

There is plenty of irritating points (the whole cover system could be entirely removed and has no point and is only a source of glitches, the bugs, the non-optimized engine, the inability to jump over obstacles that are not specially marked as "jumpable" and so on), but the inability to save anywhere, anytime is really by far the worst offender.

Checkpoint-only savegame system has NEVER been liked. Why do you insist using it ?

1. A few more third options would be nice, like to save Madison and prevent the bombs, prevent the riots and the assassination, turn both the mob bosses in Moscow against Halbech and resolve their differences so they work together again. I played the game, and I loved it intensely, but it was disappointing to reach the end and find I'd been going along with their plans the whole time, no matter what I did.

2. The save system is annoying, that should be replaced with something friendlier.

3. The menus are a total mess; it should be more like KotOR 2, that game had an awesome menu layout.

4. Timed conversations are annoying. Hell, even being able to pause during a decision would be a big step up.

5. The stealth takedowns were strange as well; I could sneak up on a guy from behind, and punch him in the throat as if he had turned around at the exact moment I started attacking him. Also the whole groin kick/judo throw is way too ostentatious for a "stealth" takedown, it should be replaced with something sneakier. Also, the stealth kills/takedowns need to be more direction and context sensitive in general; more than once I snuck up on a guard where there were elevation differences, and nothing happened.

6. Being able to jump would be most excellent, and there should be more takedown or kill options for jumping atop someone or dropping on them from above; simply knocking them down so you could stomp on their face or neck is repetitive and boring. An example would be the Tenchu games (at least Return from Darkness), which had excellent direction context and even animations for differing elevation upon executing an attack.

7. Being able to grab and move bodies would also be cool.

8. I played the entire game using nothing but a pistol, except at the training course at the very start. There needs to be more incentive for using the other weapons, and more variety in them as well; not being able to carry sniper rifles or grenade/missile launchers with you sort of grated.

9. More clothing disguise options, plus you should be able to dress up like the bad guys whose bases you're infiltrating (a la Hitman), if only to get out of the wonky cover mechanics.

10. Michael needs to have more of a past, instead of a vague email at the start and some comments here and there throughout the game. I felt like I was playing an empty snarking jerkass, at times.

11. More screentime for Sis and G22, plus tangible benefits for befriending more people (Grigori, for instance, or Sis while we're on that topic). Also more handler options, especially at the endgame, would be great as well (imagine how badass it would be to have Omen Deng or Brayko on your headset!). Also the very end should change depending on who helped you and who you rescued; like if you went with Steven, and rescued both Mina and Scarlet, they should all be there with you. Hell, multiple handlers and relative perks could work as well; imagine Albatross and Heck shouting at each with you in between, comedy gold!

12. Rather than relying on one or two allies the whole way, people you meet should stick with you. For example if you befriend Heck at the start he should be an option for the rest of the game, not just Taipei; that ties in with the handler suggestions I made above.

I think it's (past) time someone explained what a patch is.

A piece of code added to software in order to fix a bug

Mods may contain bugfixes, but bugfixes don't contain mods.

Edited by Oner

I think it's (past) time someone explained what a patch is.
A piece of code added to software in order to fix a bug

Mods may contain bugfixes, but bugfixes don't contain mods.

Ha, that's pretty funny. It does seem like this thread has turned into a "AP2 Wishlist" type of deal. :sorcerer:

Well, patches can contain not-bufixes, like balance changes and even content additions, but yeah, some people just expect too much...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well, patches can contain not-bufixes, like balance changes and even content additions, but yeah, some people just expect too much...
Like magically transforming the game into an installment from the Hitman franchise?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I haven't gotten around to buying this game yet as I've on general principle decided to wait at least one patch for games that are reported with a fair share of bugs/issues. When can we expect a patch? That is what I wish to know. Anyone got any clue? :)

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Ok, I've played the game more deeply and I have to say some things.

About not disappearing corpses and being able to move them: I don't know if that would slow down the action...that's a cohice of yours.

A possible solution would be make disappearing corpses after a certain period of time, for example 30 seconds (if we are not looking at them) instead of making disappear them just if we are far x meters from them and we aren't looking at them.

A small suggestion: why not indroduce more models and textures for the weapons mod? That would be just a "pearl" but that would be appreciated so we can make the weapons "more custom", I can say.

Oh, and please: change the barrel upgrade model and texture: that upgrade is really ugly!

Other bug fixes that would be appreciated:

Mouse fix: it's very hard to aim somewhere\someone because the mouse doesn't move smoothly...it makes "small springs".

Keyboard: sometimes the character doesn't take cover when I press spacebar...that's just annoying since it exposes me to the enemy fire.

AI: You have absolutely to improve AI...enemies look like idiots! They stands in a position waiting to be killed. Sometimes they run upon you throwing a grenande

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_ITA

• 1 month later...

I'll admit that my priorities are probably different from the majority of gamers, but this is my wishlist.

1. An option to display full text of dialogue choices, rather than the current summary wheel. I don't know why it was decided to go with Mass Effect-style crapshoot dialogue choices rather than a more traditional format, but it is by far the biggest thing impacting my enjoyment of the game. (I suspect there is near-nil chance that this will happen.)

2. Related, but bring up the dialogue choices (and the timer) when the NPC finishes talking, rather than when they start. Why am I asked to reply before I know what I'm replying to?

2. As others have said, character customization should be prior to game start. That seems like a no-brainer to me.

3. Hacking minigame needs serious work on PC. As-is, it's nearly unworkable. (I wish this game had some sort of tracking like Steam did for HL2, just so we could see how many PC players gave up when they reached the hacking bit at the end of the tutorial level.)

4. As others have said, allow saves anywhere, rather than using a checkpoint system. It's 2010.

5. Optimization, bug fixes, AI, etc. Honestly, for me these are far less pressing than the above issues. I will cheerfully tolerate an RPG that has bad combat mechanics, poor performance, and bugs - provided I find the dialogue and story aspects enjoyable. In Alpha Protocol, as it is now, I do not enjoy the dialogue and story aspects because of some very poor choices in how they were handled.