Patch Wishlist

Fix the Cheteaue glitch the makes the game lock up and never able to continue.

I've had the game lock up twice when opening the TV in a safe house (once in Saudi, once in Rome). PS3 version. Subtitles also get out of sync with what's coming from the TV, so these two might be related.

Ah yes. I have had the TV subtitles bug two times so far, at different hubs, same newsreport though. It is the one about the embassy. Also, the game has freezed two times on me as well and I got the ps3 version too. I have had my ps3 freeze on me before though, so I didnt lay much blame on the actual game...

You know, it seems that most of the patch requests here are either requests for changing the way the game plays, i.e too hard or whatever and technical stuff regarding the PC version. The actual game on the console versions dont have ACTUAL bugs. Well, not as many as it might look at first glance...

Edited by VirtualTrek

1. Remove Stats

2. Remove Test Score

3. More Customization

The first two are hardly things in need of a patch,they are features, stats, recruit testing.

What do you mean with number 3? Customize what? Mikey? Guns? Armour? Safehouse? User Interface?

Perhaps fixing actual bugs should come first and foremost. I am not saying your post was pointless and unlikely to change anything... okay perhaps I am.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

1. Remove Stats

2. Remove Test Score

3. More Customization

1. Its not a dumb fps.

2. Why?

3. That is more of a DLC thing.

1. I just hate looking at my stats.

2. Purely annoying.

3. I'd want a game that has more customization on my character other wise it's a waste of money.

2. Purely annoying.

3. I'd want a game that has more customization on my character other wise it's a waste of money.

If you do not like stats, why are you even playing a crpg?

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Checkpoints for screwups yes... checkpoints as a save replacement no... Please add saves.

The stuff I noticed on PS3...

hacking codes can take quite a while to move around. And that's with sensitivity set a tad higher than the default.

Fix the cover setup. I tend to get stuck there and unable to do much unless I walk away from the wall... This should probably be toggalable more than anything.

Fine aiming... when in zoomed in mode allow to fine aim using the dpad as well.

Checkpoint restarting... I restarted the checkpoint after dying and found myself in the middle of the enemy territory with the enemies spawned instead of at the edge from where I could actually do something.

Placement of intel weapons i.e. sniper rifel placed somewhere on the map. How about offering the player a choice of spots. I purchased it, but by the time I got to it there was only one enemy left in the area to do anything with. And from what I can tell it's not movable.

Love the game othewise though I did only start it.

Huh... I would go for more stats. MORE! Also, not every guard having exactly 1 child (for the orphan skill) after the first hub.

Aside from above orphan issue I think I would like it if many issues involving the TV would be fixed. The pixels when starting it, the incorrectly timed lipsynch and zooms, subtitles being off, or being intermitted in what Thornton says when examaning a throphy etc.

I like to hear what's on it, but all those things make it unbearable.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

1. Remove Stats

2. Remove Test Score

3. More Customization

The first two are hardly things in need of a patch,they are features, stats, recruit testing.

What do you mean with number 3? Customize what? Mikey? Guns? Armour? Safehouse? User Interface?

Perhaps fixing actual bugs should come first and foremost. I am not saying your post was pointless and unlikely to change anything... okay perhaps I am.

The only real bugs I've had so far on PS3 were a repeatable lockup when opening the TV in a safehouse (twice in Saudi, once in... Russia I believe) and once falling into the skybox in the final Taipei mission (that was repeatable too, until I reloaded the mission as opposed to just a save).

The epic tearing is not a bug, per se, and I guess v-sync is not something a patch would bring us, but it would absoutely rock if something could be done about it. :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The epic tearing is not a bug, per se, and I guess v-sync is not something a patch would bring us, but it would absolutely rock if something could be done about it. :thumbsup:

UseVsync=

Is in the APEngine.ini.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

The epic tearing is not a bug, per se, and I guess v-sync is not something a patch would bring us, but it would absolutely rock if something could be done about it. :)

UseVsync=

Is in the APEngine.ini.

Well, I'll just open up the textedit in my PS3, Captain Obvious. :p

I don;t have tearing at all in Alpha Protocol...i'm on PC. If you ahve it on PS3 then Obsidian really should patch it for you pronto, and maybe increase the visual quality. No console should have tearing any game should be optimised for console to a point where output FPS is lower than TV refresh rate.

All i can suggest is check your tv or ps3 output options. If you have a HDTV set it to 60 etc.

- Add of Subtltles and localization for news channel speech that describe the world during the credits after the end of the game.

- Add a minimal duration for a subtitle line (4 lines in less than one second is simply impossible to read).

- Possibility to do minigames with the keyboard only.

I don;t have tearing at all in Alpha Protocol...i'm on PC. If you ahve it on PS3 then Obsidian really should patch it for you pronto, and maybe increase the visual quality. No console should have tearing any game should be optimised for console to a point where output FPS is lower than TV refresh rate.

All i can suggest is check your tv or ps3 output options. If you have a HDTV set it to 60 etc.

shrug, Mass Effect 1, another UE game, has pretty bad tearing on the x360. While I agree with you in principle, unfortunately the reality is different.

Re: my settings, let's just say that I'm fairly sure I have everything set up correctly. ;)

The "disappearing enemies on reload" issue.

Mouse acceleration issues.

Re-jigger the mouse & keyboard controls for the hacking minigame. (Click and drag, people!)

Other performance and AI tweaks as time allows.

Larger subtitles, I mean, having from one to three words at the same time on the screen is too few to read correctly : this would solve the issue of having subtitles going too fast.

I use a wide screen and on it, subtitles take less than a quarter of the width of the screen.

One thing that absolutely needs to be solved is the "Load last checkpoint" bug :( When you take the time to manually go to your list of saves when you die instead of clicking "Load last chackpoint", there is never any problem. When you take "load last checkpoints", bugs are legions. Last one I saw is

Brayko disappearing, thus making that fight unwinnable.

I remember that The Witcher was quite the offender on that one too : chosing to load the last save instead of going through the list could end up into machine freezes or ten minutes-long loadings.

Edited by Sannom

2. Purely annoying.

If you do not like stats, why are you even playing a crpg?

The game that does have a stat is a waste of time and those people whose asked for it must be shot on the head ****ing ****.

The game that does have a stat is a waste of time and those people whose asked for it must be shot on the head ****ing ****.

That's hardly an answer for my question... But I guess all the stats made you confused.

Hate the living, love the dead.

That's hardly an answer for my question... But I guess all the stats made you confused.

I'll never understand why people think that RPGs require intelligence to play.

Well, some actually do, though we're talking mostly about some very old dungeon crawlers and that's about it, not to mention that's more of the intelligence you'd need playing chess and it's really a matter of maths, patience and planning.

I.. honestly doubt that Alpha Protocol requires that level of planning and commitment though.

I'll never understand why people think that RPGs require intelligence to play.

Well, some actually do, though we're talking mostly about some very old dungeon crawlers and that's about it, not to mention that's more of the intelligence you'd need playing chess and it's really a matter of maths, patience and planning.

I.. honestly doubt that Alpha Protocol requires that level of planning and commitment though.

If it did it certaintly wouldn't be cross-developed for consoles.

Not saying that designers make games that are dumbed down for consoles, more so the fact that controls and ability to patch factor into complexity issues. You have Microsoft flight simulator on the computer for a reason.

I had to register just to post in this thread, because I'm really horribly frustrated with the state of the game, all the while it being quite potentially interesting.

For the love of God and everything that is holy, GIVE US A NORMAL SAVEGAME SYSTEM !

Not this atrocious checkpoints-only crap !

It's not the eighties anymore, we have computers, we want to be able to save anywhere and not restart from several minutes and disabled guards and successfully passed tiring minigames before !

QUICKSAVE/QUICKLOAD FEATURE THANKS !

There is plenty of irritating points (the whole cover system could be entirely removed and has no point and is only a source of glitches, the bugs, the non-optimized engine, the inability to jump over obstacles that are not specially marked as "jumpable" and so on), but the inability to save anywhere, anytime is really by far the worst offender.

Checkpoint-only savegame system has NEVER been liked. Why do you insist using it ?