Patch Wishlist

Hopefully the game will be patched eventually, so I was just wondering.. what would you want in the patch? I'll start off.

(PC) Mouse acceleration fix. Alot of people are suffering from crazy mouse issues and it really ruins the gameplay.

(PC) Fix for the stuttering alot of people are experiencing. This can happen no matter how high or low you set the graphics

(All) More Beards/Hats/Glasses etc

Well, I got the PS3 version and somehow I am thinking that this version aint gonna have any patches...or it will take way too long. Better then nothing though, hopefully they do come out with one.

Here are the things I have found annoying and they should be able to fix:

1-Texture pop in. I am trying to get used to this but...bleh. It ruins the mood.

2-Blurr thing. Umm, well, sometimes when Mike runs around he looks weird due to the blur and not in a good way.

3-Slightly sluggish PDA. Well, when I press select and the PDA screen comes up, the three options dont appear right away, its like it freezes for a second and when selecting either of the options, it isnt as fast as I would like it to be. So, yeah, sluggish. I think this one is the most annoying for me since its something you have to use constantly.

4-AI soldiers "zone out". When you are sneaking, a soldier might think he saw you but he is not quite sure. Thats the cautious mode and he goes out to investigate the area. Well, sometimes he just "zones out" and stays there. Like a stone. So, if you are planning to wait for him to go back to patrol or something, you cant and might be cornered. It doesnt happen often, actually I think its only happened to me about 2-3 times so far, but that doesnt make it any less annoying...

Thats all I got for now.

Edited by VirtualTrek

1. Improve controls for hacking minigame. Currently, keyboard is not responsive, while with the mouse it's somewhat tricky to nail the combination because it's over sensitive.

2. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the lock-pick minigame has a bit offset graphics (you need to aim a bit lower than the gap).

3. Sniper rifles have a very high sensitivity. I always find myself lowering the sensitivity on the mouse to be able to aim when in maximum zoom (good thing I have these buttons!). Lowering sensitivity in the game when using sniper rifle should solve this problem altogether.

Edited by surreal

For PC:

- Fixing the mouse/stuttering issues

- Making the hacking minigame control better (though I've pretty much gotten used to how it works now)

- Some of the interface controls. There should always be a key to return to gameplay from any of the various screens (inventory or what have you)

- Tweaking some of the bosses and try to have a more even difficulty. Especially on Hard. From what I've seen, I like the difficulty on the levels but some of the bosses' difficulty are just cheesy.

- It appears that on some missions you get kills counted even if you didn't kill anyone (seems like it has to do with when there are factions fighting it out in the level?).

- I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten this but some character models look bugged for me when viewed at a distance. It's very noticeable when you meet SIE. When the camera angle is farther away, her graphics look really strange, same with Mike.

That's about it I think.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

* Snipes rifles - very sensitive.

* Hacking-mini game, the mouse makes no sense and it takes a long time to move down the word with the keyboard - sometimes the time runs out.

* And the security locks, with 10 locks (!) and 30 seconds to fix them all. Impossible!

* Various glitches.

* The camera. When I look left/right the camera turns my character around often.

* Boss fixes: some just "get stuck" and you can take them down easily, mostly ending bosses.

* Graphics...? :p

Edited by Lord2

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

If possible:

- Save games organised by career/character

- Removal of the (apparantly) arbitary backtracking cut-off points

- Additional "breaking and entering" skill on sabotage progression (between "basic" and "master")

- Ability to customise Mike's skin/hair/beard/eyes prior to game start

- A more clearly defined crosshair during use of special abilities (yellow on shades of yellow = tricky)

* And the security locks, with 10 locks (!) and 30 seconds to fix them all. Impossible!

There is an easy fix for this.

Spend some points in Sabotage, buy intel, and use armour mods that improve your breaking and entering skill.

Oh and buy EMPs and use them for things you cannot break.

I really believe that they SHOULDN'T be lowering the difficulty of the mini-games (save for the Hacking control glitch)

Well, I got the PS3 version and somehow I am thinking that this version aint gonna have any patches...or it will take way too long. Better then nothing though, hopefully they do come out with one.

Here are the things I have found annoying and they should be able to fix:

1-Texture pop in. I am trying to get used to this but...bleh. It ruins the mood.

2-Blurr thing. Umm, well, sometimes when Mike runs around he looks weird due to the blur and not in a good way.

3-Slightly sluggish PDA. Well, when I press select and the PDA screen comes up, the three options dont appear right away, its like it freezes for a second and when selecting either of the options, it isnt as fast as I would like it to be. So, yeah, sluggish. I think this one is the most annoying for me since its something you have to use constantly.

4-AI soldiers "zone out". When you are sneaking, a soldier might think he saw you but he is not quite sure. Thats the cautious mode and he goes out to investigate the area. Well, sometimes he just "zones out" and stays there. Like a stone. So, if you are planning to wait for him to go back to patrol or something, you cant and might be cornered. It doesnt happen often, actually I think its only happened to me about 2-3 times so far, but that doesnt make it any less annoying...

Thats all I got for now.

I also have epic (and I mean EPIC) screen tearing when I even flick the camera - really hope something could be done to this. Along with texture pop-in that manages to make Mass Effect 1's look "mild and rare", those are pretty much my main issues. Classic PS3 port fare, I'd say (along with classic Unreal Engine fare, when ME2 style trickery is not used to overcome it).

Gameplay wise the using skills is kind of a drag, so I wound up using just chain shot for most of the game, with awareness occasionally and fury a few times towards the end. Probably not changeable at this stage, but for future console games, it might be worth it to give the control scheme a serious thunkin'

The PDA is indeed a bit slow, and having to access the map through multiple steps gets kind of tedious.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There is an easy fix for this.

Spend some points in Sabotage, buy intel, and use armour mods that improve your breaking and entering skill.

Oh and buy EMPs and use them for things you cannot break.

I really believe that they SHOULDN'T be lowering the difficulty of the mini-games (save for the Hacking control glitch)

Agreed. Though I do think adding a "Breaking and Entering (expert)" between Basic and Master on the sabotage skill-line is warranted.

- Fixing the hard locking crash that happens for some win 7 64 bit users presumably because of ATI cards and having more DirectX options.. Ie the game doesn't know which version of Directx to run and chokes up horribly about 1 to 2 mins into the game (just menu or actual gameplay).

In the "Bug AI - Samad Airfield" mission right when you start it your character spawns in the crouch position, however if you die and load your game Michael will spawn standing up so it will be impossible to avoid detection by the first guard.

And review/remake the every bind for the PC version, the default is just a mess and the ingame customization is poor.

Sometimes when you go to the inventory both the background and the textures from the model dont load correctly.

Main concern: The scopes on the pistol look ****ing stupid. Please replace them with an under-barrel laser sight.

Joking aside (though the pistol scopes do indeed look stupid), I'd like to see pistols toned down and SMGs buffed. Alarms also go off a wee bit too often - it would be nicer if they were harder to trip.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Weird bug with the alarm hacking : at the beginning, I can use the A & D keys to move the thingie at the bottom of the screen, but once I activate the first path, they don't respond anymore and I have to go to the "normal" keys.

-Fix the bugs, preferably all of them but at least the game breaking ones

-Personally I don't mind checkpoints, but sometimes their distribution is ridiculous, like in the assault on the defecting triad guys. One checkpoint for the first half of the mission? Really?

-Mini-game controls

-And Fix the ending

when you decide to save Mina but not as a handler so you get different cinematic (with Scarlet) !!!

-

and why only with dengs data we can unlock additional dialogue with scarlet even when she confessed us that she is an assassin and in romance and friendship with her

-also review the final mission

because it contains various glitches for example if you sided with halbech Parker still helps you saying in the end that this data will bring down halbech so it makes no sense... and some other bugs concerning game story advancement...

-Correct weapon mods (this scope looks just idiotic on a pistol.....)

-Correct Hardware Audio Settings in order to get surround sound

-Fix Mouse and Texture loading problem so the game might finally run smoother without hiccups...

-checkpoint loading bugs and AI bugs

-Mini games controls

-some minor glitches

-and any additional content would be gladly appreciated :)

Checkpoints were made intentionally so you can't alter some of the decisions in-game just with going back to previous save... so I believe that there is nothing to patch and neither it will be patched....

This would make the game a lot better :D

"...Waste of a Missile but everyone on this Island seem Trigger-happy"