Game is a lot of Fun, but...

There is just so little you can do to custmoize your character, 4 hair styles and some beards. No clothes, no colour choices for the clothes/armor you have. Armor upgrades change nothing except the stats. The guns are what really dissapoint me though. No matter what sight, grip, frame, barrel you use you get the same look.

I mean why is the pistol laser sight display as a scope? (What makes this dissapointing is that I saw pre-release videos of pistols with under-barrel laser sights) And if you choose a scope or a refelx sight for a rifle or smg you just get both on there.

It's shame that this small issue exists because I love the rest of the game. The story is good, the characters are memorable.

And for all the talk of dated graphics and shoddy animations, I was pleasently surprised to find that the graphics were perfectly acceptable, it's no Crysis but to my eye it looks to be roughly on par with other UE3 RPGs. The AI, while a little lax sometimes, do the job of killing you admirably when they do realise you just shot their buddy.

So in short, I love this game, but pleas get some decent DLC out that improves customization and adds new a safehouse with a new operation. That would be woth paying for, not some rubbish map pack other companies try and sell. :(

ROOT II III IV V VI VII OCTAVE

When we finally start living it has become too late

Trapped inside this Octavarium

I'll agree to a degree.

I was hoping the customization (mods) of weapons would be far better... in terms of visual appearance.. most mods don't even change the appearance of the gun (which many should).

I.e. fit a new expanded magazine on the assault rifle, yet the model doesn't actually change at all (it should show a longer magazine). Same with many of the accessories.

The scopes are all 100% identical.. fit a basic sight and it shows a huge sniper scope instead... fit a scope and it shows the exact same thing.

On pistols, equip a laser sight..... and it shows a sniper scope on it... the hell?

Each gun at most has 2 visible mods and they all use the exact same model. This is very annoying for me.

I don't overly care about my character customization.... It was sufficient... skin tone, hair style, facial hair... other stuff... wasn't a huge selection for each, but I wasn't really looking for that either, I was pretty satisfied with it.

Armor mods have no appearance either... I.e. adding armored joints shows nothing, ammo pouch shows nothing, etc... lots of these mods would be visible on the armor, yet there's nothing modelled for it.