Israel butchers civilians in international waters

Humodour

Yes, all wars should be banned. UN will get right on this.

Isn't it ironic, that in areas where UN peace keepers are deployed, the incidences of genocide, civil war and terrorism seem to go up?

OTOH, a short war (although brutal and nasty) usually has a winner and a loser and a peace conference and reparations. The UN prolong the agony so that the bleeding hearts can sleep soundly at night.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Hamas has done a rather poor job defending Palestinians. In fact, they have done nothing to protect Palestine. If that's a reason someone cites for voting Hamas, they are dumb.

The fact that Hamas is the only armed force actively standing up against Israel army tells a different story. I mean, sure, we can play politics on another side of the world, in the safety of our homes, all we can; but like I said we can't know for sure what's going on in Palestinian people's minds, or if Hamas is actually helping them or not.

And I say again, it's no reason to call each other names.

Those attackers were not helpless. They had deadly weapons of their own, and then they had firearms taken from the soldiers they had beaten.

Yes, I saw their deadly weapons, and I made fun of them in an earlier post.

As for firearms, I don't remember seeing (in the videos) anyone taking a gun from the soldiers. But I don't remember seeing how the hell nine (?) people ended up dead either, so...

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

This won't happen until we have a foreign threat to deal with. Like Aliens, or zombies..

Is a really funny thing that you think so. A common enemy only means an alliance of convenience and for the duration of that enemy, remember Russia and the U.S. during WWII.

The only thing that ends wars like that is conquest.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

This won't happen until we have a foreign threat to deal with. Like Aliens, or zombies..

Is a really funny thing that you think so. A common enemy only means an alliance of convenience and for the duration of that enemy, remember Russia and the U.S. during WWII.

The only thing that ends wars like that is conquest.

Well that was kinda my point. The only way that humanity will stop trying to kill it self is if there is an external threat. See:Watchmen.

Also

http://kotaku.com/5555599/the-daily-shows-...n-correspondent

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"The fact that Hamas is the only armed force actively standing up against Israel army tells a different story. I mean, sure, we can play politics on another side of the world, in the safety of our homes, all we can; but like I said we can't know for sure what's going on in Palestinian people's minds, or if Hamas is actually helping them or not."

Look, if Hamas was doing such a fine job defending Palestinians from the Big Bad Isrealis, Isreal wouldn't be able to go through Palestine at will whenever they want, and leave when they decide to leave. This is why Hamas' big mode of attack is randomly shooting missles at isreal blindly hoping they kill some baby. Plus, Hamas does a greta job defending Palestinians, they have no problem murdering Palestinians. What a great defender.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The fact that Hamas is the only armed force actively standing up against Israel army tells a different story. I mean, sure, we can play politics on another side of the world, in the safety of our homes, all we can; but like I said we can't know for sure what's going on in Palestinian people's minds, or if Hamas is actually helping them or not."

Look, if Hamas was doing such a fine job defending Palestinians from the Big Bad Isrealis, Isreal wouldn't be able to go through Palestine at will whenever they want, and leave when they decide to leave. This is why Hamas' big mode of attack is randomly shooting missles at isreal blindly hoping they kill some baby. Plus, Hamas does a greta job defending Palestinians, they have no problem murdering Palestinians. What a great defender.

I've never said Hamas was the defender of anybody, and I sure as hell didn't say they were doing a great job. I simply wanted to point out that the people caught in the middle of all this (i.e. Palestinians) might think differently, and might not have much of a choice. And I really wish they had a better alternative.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I wish to start a gaming meme. Let it be known that from now on the act of going crazy and shooting everyone instead of using other tools such as stealth and diplomacy in non-linear games like Deus Ex and Alpha Protocol should be refereed to as "Going Israel."

I wish to start a gaming meme. Let it be known that from now on the act of going crazy and shooting everyone instead of using other tools such as stealth and diplomacy in non-linear games like Deus Ex and Alpha Protocol should be refereed to as "Going Israel."

I approve ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

250px-MinaTang.jpg

"Michael, what the hell! Why did you just go all israel on that innocent russian stripper?!"

250px-Michael_Thorton.jpg

"It was self-defense... and she was probably an anti-semite."

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Like Isreal is the first country to use more violence than required to accomplish their goals: *cough* the entire history of Europe *cough*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What about Turkey fighting Kurds? Or the violence in India? Or the happy happy place that's Pakistan? Or Venezuela? Or Nicaragua? How many examples do I need to come up with?

Edit: Also European countries aren't surrounded by enemies, so it's very easy to go all pacifist.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I was under the impression that we were talking about Europe.

Yes, Israel has less than friendly neighbors. That doesn't mean that it's NOT a good idea to settle things with Palestine, quite the opposite. It's useless now with Hamas at the helm, but there have been more than a few opportunities for a reasonable deal in the past.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

How long did it take before the IRA and England decided to get along?

and? They're saying that either they'll die for their cause, or get humanitarian aid to Gaza. I'm certain half the people who support Israel right now would have similar sentiments if they were trying to run food to Puerto Rico if the Mexican's managed to take it from us. Still their intent doesn't justify the use of lethal force in a situation as legally muddy as this.

and? They're saying that either they'll die for their cause, or get humanitarian aid to Gaza. I'm certain half the people who support Israel right now would have similar sentiments if they were trying to run food to Puerto Rico if the Mexican's managed to take it from us. Still their intent doesn't justify the use of lethal force in a situation as legally muddy as this.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20100601/159241736.html

Israel has no idea what is on the ship... and suddenly they are attacked when they board by people purposely planning to do so to cause an international stink and stir up bleeding heart fools who are falling for this Hamas PR ploy hook line and sinker. I'd say they were within their rights to defend themselves when they were pummeled with lead pipes, attacked with knives and shoved off the ship.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/wo...cefulq-flotilla

"The Israelis who rappelled onto the Mavi Marmara were confronted by men with knives, clubs, and other potentially fatal implements. One member of the IDF was thrown overboard and is now suffering from severe brain damage."

"Most suspicious about the supposed

>_< at all the terrorist tools, reactionaries (MURDERERS!) and jew haters here.

http://www.crethiplethi.com/more-documenta...ts/israel/2010/

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=160993

When in doubt, call people who disagree with Israel antisemites. No, really, it works every time!

How about some actual arguments, bro?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Ok, so say they landed in the location provided by the Israeli government, a government (as pointed out in this thread) that has a tenancy to confiscate anything that they feel like, and then get most of their materials confiscated because they're "terrorist weapons", and only about 1/3 of what they actually brought to the place is allowed to move on to it's intended destination. From what little I've seen (mainly posted here), the reason they didn't want to divert is to avoid that sort of situation, and to provoke, I freely admit. However, Israel is also to blame for turning around, after a boarding attempt (which did have non lethal weapons), and pulling out the true hardware and killing people.

As bad as the provocation looks, I'd say an over-reaction like this is worse. Seriously, I'm feeling like these gents are only slightly worse than the Tea Party members who were chucking rocks through the windows of congressmen for passing the health care bill.

Ok, so say they landed in the location provided by the Israeli government, a government (as pointed out in this thread) that has a tenancy to confiscate anything that they feel like, and then get most of their materials confiscated because they're "terrorist weapons", and only about 1/3 of what they actually brought to the place is allowed to move on to it's intended destination. From what little I've seen (mainly posted here), the reason they didn't want to divert is to avoid that sort of situation, and to provoke, I freely admit. However, Israel is also to blame for turning around, after a boarding attempt (which did have non lethal weapons), and pulling out the true hardware and killing people.

As bad as the provocation looks, I'd say an over-reaction like this is worse. Seriously, I'm feeling like these gents are only slightly worse than the Tea Party members who were chucking rocks through the windows of congressmen for passing the health care bill.

Right, so after being viciously driven off the boat they should just pack up and leave not knowing what was on the boat? With the kind of response the commandoes received it was entirely within reason to assume they were violent for a reason and were carrying something other/more than aid (Hamas has been shipping bomb making equipment and weapons into Gaza for some time now including placing sodium nitrate in bags marked sugar). In defending their country they fell for a Hamas PR trick to paint them as thugs. The real thugs here are the terrorists trying to become martyrs.

Its easy for the bleeding hearts here sitting behind their computer screens to condemn Israel when they don't live under the constant threat of suicide bombers and rocket attacks and then have to deal with the BS fallout after they strike back and the Hamas terrorists hide behind women and children from their points of attack, then cry like *****es to the rest of the world when Israel fires back. Something Hamas is brilliant at, playing the victim when they are disgusting monsters who use their own women and children as collateral damage for sympathy.

The real tragedy here is that the terrorist ploy worked like a charm. Just look at the international outcry and the mindless drones who immediately condemn Israel without the full story.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

And yet they did it outside the designated border zone. Both the standard one recognized by international law, and the "special" one made specifically for the Israeli protectorate. If they were interested in not making an incident, why not let them get closer to the borderline between international waters and their territory and then use an actual warship to board, rather than a act like pirates? I mean hell, they seem to parallel the pirates from Sudan that everyone got up in arms about, they charge in and take somebodies stuff via force, and then "redistribute" the wealth as they see fit. Because they think that the boats are carrying something that's going to threaten their nation (In the sudan, it's nuclear waste, in Israel it's anything that can be used in a bomb, which is about everything).

And if you haven't paid attention, several people have pointed out that this would be legal, if there was a distinct list of things that were and were not allowed to act as humanitarian aid. Israels list is more like an advisory to those who are actually carrying out the search, and thus often gets things added to it on the spot, and changed between each search.

Its easy for the bleeding hearts here sitting behind their computer screens to condemn Israel when they don't live under the constant threat of suicide bombers and rocket attacks and then have to deal with the BS fallout after they strike back and the Hamas terrorists hide behind women and children from their points of attack, then cry like *****es to the rest of the world when Israel fires back.
"B... but you weren't *there*. It's very easy to sit there and condemn the massacre of activists carrying humanitarian aid in international waters, but you weren't *there*."

Facts aren't based on where my ass is placed. I can condemn the massacre of these civilians just as easily as I can condemn any other, I don't need to personally have been shot to do so. Stop with the antisemitism, please.

Do you know what the difference between the Somali pirates and these Israeli commandos is? The Somali pirates have never killed anyone!

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)