Israel butchers civilians in international waters

Humodour

I am utterly aware of how multi-faceted Hamas is. Which doesn't change the fact that it's objectives and tactics qualify it as a terrorist organisation.

I'm not biased. I'm not exactly an Israeli fanboy. I do however think they are the least worst protagonist in this sorry saga.

sonsofgygax.JPG

^ Hamas is not "just" a terrorist organization. That's like saying Israel is a terrorist organization due to their use of terror tactics. You're the one who's blinded by his own bias here, Monte.

Or maybe there's a sinister plot here, Henning Mankell is in fact a Hamas leader, sent to infiltrate the swedish literary elite in the 70s. Now he's stolen a nuke and is trying to return to Gaza and set it off, destroying all of Israel and making every palestinian a suicide bomber, thus opening the gates to heaven for them.

He is a staunch supporter of Hamas though :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

These weren't any "peace activists". This was a Turkish islamist group intentionally creating an incident, in collusion with Turkey's Muslim Brotherhood government.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I applaud Heathen's attempt at sarcasm, which earned him a rare smirk over here at Monte towers, although it might have been down to the rather excellent 1995 Bordeaux I've recently opened.

sonsofgygax.JPG

These weren't any "peace activists". This was a Turkish islamist group intentionally creating an incident, in collusion with Turkey's Muslim Brotherhood government.

Are you being facetious or do you really believe what you just wrote?

I am utterly aware of how multi-faceted Hamas is. Which doesn't change the fact that it's objectives and tactics qualify it as a terrorist organisation.

I'm not biased. I'm not exactly an Israeli fanboy. I do however think they are the least worst protagonist in this sorry saga.

Doesn't Israeli intelligence also qualify as a "terrorist organization" under mentioned logic?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

given your own use o' hyperbole in this thread, am not sure you is the ideal person to be criticizing.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

There are nine Swedish people aboard that convoy. Several of them are scientists from MY university. One of them is actually a friend!

They were on international waters, it has been confirmed. They are carrying humanitarian help, although with the help of US "intelligence", I am sure Israel will claim they were full of invisible Weapons of Mass Destruction. Gaza is under a blockade and civilians are hurting, this is the reason for the convoy in the first place: to help.

Israel's attack was nothing more than a terrorist attack. Will be fun to see how the self-appointed world police, the US, reacts to this. A terrorist attack by their only ally in the middle east, against a convoy where two of the boats are carrying an American flag, thus on international waters are seen as US territory. A terrorist attack on US soil! Now let's see if all people are equal, if the US government will stand up for democracy as the lighthouse they claim they are.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You really need to educate yourself better.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

So you're claiming Henning Mankell, world famous Swedish author and well-known humanitarian (known for donating half of his considerable wealth to charity), is a member of this undefined Islamist group.. and then you want other people to "educate yourself better"?

Your ignorance is nauseating.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why did those goons attack the IDF forces with axes and stuff in the first place? Doesn't make sense.

The most forgiving interpretation I can think of is that they thought they were at an anti-capitalist demonstration in a nice, safe western European city. Which they obviously weren't.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Hold up now, it was the IDF commandos who attacked the ship. They instigated this action in international waters.

Some of the activists had obviously planned to resist a boarding attempt ahead of time. There were several members of the EU parliament as well as other well known activists whose focus was the effects of the closure and control of Gaza, and obviously some people who wanted direct action and to create an international incident. It is simply not correct that this was a Muslim Brotherhood action.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So you're claiming Henning Mankell, world famous Swedish author and well-known humanitarian (known for donating half of his considerable wealth to charity), is a member of this undefined Islamist group.. and then you want other people to "educate yourself better"?

Your ignorance is nauseating.

Most Europeans present were probably just useful idiots, it were the Turkish Islamists who brought the weapons.

What I don't get is this, the ship posed no military threat, and an action like this was obviously going to be high risk.

Why did they bother ?

What I don't get is how Israel's planning to get away with it this time. I hope they won't, but I fear they will...

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Hold up now, it was the IDF commandos who attacked the ship. They instigated this action in international waters.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this, the IDF didn't attack the ship. They boarded it. Which they were perfectly entitled to do.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Why, exactly ? If this was in international waters as I'm seeing in reports, boarding a ship that hasn't assaulted you is akin to piracy and attempts to repel the boarders are justified.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What I don't get is how Israel's planning to get away with it this time. I hope they won't, but I fear they will...

Maybe Hamas should fire some more rockets into Israeli schoolyards.

Oh wait... they do that every day.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.