Reloading checkpoints removes enemies

ParkerHale

Question

Reloading Checkpoints during Bug Airfield Mission results in enemies disappearing, makes the level very easy. The checkpoint after getting past the first gate will remove the 2 guards from the South Hanger. The next checkpoint just before the Weapons Stockpile will remove every guard outside. This makes getting inside the Tower very easy as it removes atleast 7+ guards.

Reloading the first checkpoint (Start of Mission) has a bug as well. When you start the mission Michael will take cover immediately, the closest guard will be facing the opposite direction. Upon reloading, Michael will be standing up the guard will be facing your direction causing him to open fire and starting an alarm. Not a very good way to start the mission.

14 answers to this question

This seems to be happening to quite a few people. I just got it myself, and solved it by restarting AP, loading the safehouse (not the mission checkpoint) then doing the mission again... but it seems to be a luck thing at the moment.

Hopefully it can be patched out.

I have actually lost objective progress due to checkpoint saves. When doing the ruins mission in Rome, I had placed an explosive charge on one weapons cache, then died and had to reload. When I went back to place the charge again, there was no way for me to do so. I'm pretty sure this happened on one or two other missions without me noticing, resulting in me failing objectives.

I don't know if this helps any of you guys, but when the enemies are disappearing, how are you loading? Is it a death and "Reload Last Checkpoint", or are you selecting the save manually from the "Load Checkpoint" screen? When I ran into this issue, it was always when reloading with the first method. Reloading the save manually brought the enemies back again.

Every checkpoint this happened with, it would have the same behaviour 100% of the time for me. Would be interested to see if it is the same for other people.

Edited by Deraldin

I don't know if this helps any of you guys, but when the enemies are disappearing, how are you loading?

I'm having this exact problem in the airfield mission, and it happens no matter how I reload (even manually). To get the enemies to reappear I have to go back and reload the last safe house save.

Does this continue to happen throughout the game? It's a pain to have to reload from the safehouse and play through all the cutscenes every time.

Yeah, while it can happen on more places, it seems the airfield got it the worst. There have been several times I loaded my auto-save (on non-airfield missions) and got instantly shot (which may be a pain on Hard).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Reloading Checkpoints during Bug Airfield Mission results in enemies disappearing, makes the level very easy. The checkpoint after getting past the first gate will remove the 2 guards from the South Hanger. The next checkpoint just before the Weapons Stockpile will remove every guard outside. This makes getting inside the Tower very easy as it removes atleast 7+ guards.

Reloading the first checkpoint (Start of Mission) has a bug as well. When you start the mission Michael will take cover immediately, the closest guard will be facing the opposite direction. Upon reloading, Michael will be standing up the guard will be facing your direction causing him to open fire and starting an alarm. Not a very good way to start the mission.

I've had this bug, I think its the largest show stopping (apart from anyone who is crashing) bug in the game.

How is it a show/gamestopper if all it does is make the level easier than it should be?

I think my definition is different (chopper or Surkov not appearing, yes. 7 random thugs, no).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee