Engine, Mouse and Sound Issues

PwNinat0r2000

Question

Engine and Mouse Issues

Mouse stuttering when loading assets (already talked about in other threads).

Lowering framerate caps and adjusting other such .ini settings can mask the problem somewhat but this is obviously unacceptable as a long-term solution.

Mouse Issues

Behaves like a controller analogue stick when doing the hacking minigame which makes it almost impossible.

To explain further, you have to move the mouse a lot to make the right-hand code move even one space. This is because the game is clearly designed for controllers and is treating the mouse input as it would an analogue stick.

Sound Issues

No 5.1 support.

As an aside this is constantly an issue with console->PC ports, not just Alpha Protocol.

---

These are the only issues I've encountered so far. Understandably, I won't be starting the first mission until there's a fix/patch for the stuttering issue.

8 answers to this question

Add to the list AA/AF problems, when you force it through video utility the dialog options disappear.

And when you not forcing it through video utility, well then there is no other way to turn it on, kinda lame.

Obsidian, please fix those issues (mouse, graphics...), I'm dying to play this game, and i tried not to look on tech problems, but it's just not that fun when you know the game can run better.

Edited by Infiltrator

Add to the list AA/AF problems, when you force it through video utility the dialog options disappear.

And when you not forcing it through video utility, well then there is no other way to turn it on, kinda lame.

Obsidian, please fix those issues (mouse, graphics...), I'm dying to play this game, and i tried not to look on tech problems, but it's just not that fun when you know the game can run better.

I don't think anyone's listening. I don't blame them - if I had worked on this game I would probably be embarrassed to show up around here too.

Seriously though, a good patch or two might actually redeem this bull**** if they can get it out quick.

Well, I hope they are listening to what is being said. It's really only small, frustrating problems like this that ruin what is an otherwise enjoyable (albeit unpolished) game!

Edited by deevius

There's a way to enable 5.1 (though the sounds/settings in game aren't optimized for it, too much reverb, but still much better than stereo) for people with either winxp or vista/7 and Creative Alchemy.

In Winxp, the fix should work straight up, though I haven't tested it. In Vista/7, one has to enable Alchemy for the game first.

In APEngine.ini (C:\Users\username\Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config), change the following setting:

under [ALAudio.ALAudioDevice]

change to make it look like this:

DeviceName=Generic Hardware

Looks like you can't customise appearance either with AA forced :thumbsup: I wouldn't mind if the jaggies weren't so screamingly obvious!