This game is amazing.

After I read the comments and reviews (particularly the Gamespot review) I lost all hope for AP. Now I've been playing it for 4 hours and CAN'T. STOP. Alpha Protocol is amazing. Dialogue is brilliant and hilarious (especially when Mike is flirting. Oh, the lulz). Game has bugs, sure, but they can easily be ignored. Gameplay is great, there are so many ways to play this game. I love how you actually have to use your head. Replayability factor is over 9000. This game is like heroin for me.

Cant...write...must...play....

bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

I hated this game at the start, but now I love it. It's such a wierd game. I have never known a game to have such a rubbish start and put you off. The tutorial for me, was utter crap, but now 6 hours or so in and I think it's brilliant.

I hated this game at the start, but now I love it. It's such a wierd game. I have never known a game to have such a rubbish start and put you off. The tutorial for me, was utter crap, but now 6 hours or so in and I think it's brilliant.

A LOT of people feel this way, hell I can't remember in recent memory the last time a tutorial was ever done right.

It just seems that AP really dropped the ball at the beginning but thankfully picked it up after.

My theory is that the low stats at the beginning contribute to the annoyance. (constant missing with weapons, low stealth, etc.)

A LOT of people feel this way, hell I can't remember in recent memory the last time a tutorial was ever done right.

It just seems that AP really dropped the ball at the beginning but thankfully picked it up after.

My theory is that the low stats at the beginning contribute to the annoyance. (constant missing with weapons, low stealth, etc.)

Actually, the only thing that I have to say to those people is. Don't play hard or recruit. I did my first run on easy and I had no problem with Saudi. I actually completly enjoyed it. :lol:

It's not that it's hard at the start, because it isn't. It's just that the tutorial doesn't really explain the skill points too well, so you have to get used to missing even though you're hitting, if you know what I mean. Once you accept that, it actually works very well.

It's also the little things that annoy you at the start, like the not hiding bodies, and the bad A.I (not so little). Once the story kicks in and your character moves on a bit you start to ignore the little annoyances and enjoy the things it does right.

I still think the lead voice over actor is awful.

If they make a sequel, it should be amazing. If they sort out the little problems and up the graphics beyond 2003.

Edited by tr1pod

It's not that it's hard at the start, because it isn't. It's just that the tutorial doesn't really explain the skill points too well, so you have to get used to missing even though you're hitting, if you know what I mean. Once you accept that, it actually works very well.

It's also the little things that annoy you at the start, like the not hiding bodies, and the bad A.I (not so little). Once the story kicks in and your character moves on a bit you start to ignore the little annoyances and enjoy the things it does right.

If they make a sequel, it should be amazing. If they sort out the little problems and up the graphics beyond 2003.

Well, I can't argue with the hiding bodies since splinter cell probably made that standard. It would be a great improvement in a sequel. :thumbsup: The voice actor is probably opinion since I like how he speaks rather "normally". As for the other points. They were waaaaay worse for me on Fallout 3. But, thats usually ignored for some reason in that game.

And as for the graphics. They aren't that bad. It has some great textures though the animations are. But, especially concering graphics:

I have yet to encounter ANYTHING that looks worse than Mass Effect 1's planets and their buildings.

There: I said it.

Well, I can't argue with the hiding bodies since splinter cell probably made that standard. It would be a great improvement in a sequel. :thumbsup: The voice actor is probably opinion since I like how he speaks rather "normally". As for the other points. They were waaaaay worse for me on Fallout 3. But, thats usually ignored for some reason in that game.

And as for the graphics. They aren't that bad. It has some great textures though the animations are. But, especially concering graphics:

I have yet to encounter ANYTHING that looks worse than Mass Effect 1's planets and their buildings.

There: I said it.

Actually Thief came out with that standard of moving bodies around.

Only fools pay attention to reviews, they are just some strangers (Often biased) half hearted opinion, I personally find it a waste of time reading them.

I just wanted to say to the Obsidian staff involved in making this game, well done. AP is quite possibly the most addictive, compelling action RPG I have played since Mass Effect 1.

The graphics are great and the game runs well at higher setting on my crappy PC. The upgrade/perk/combat systems are very well implemented. The thing I like the most is I can be stealthy and complete missions without having to kill anyone, not only that you reward me for it with perks. :)

I am currently in Moscow on the last mission with Rome and Taipei still to do.

Edit - Just needs a patch to sort out a few bugs, just please do not do what Bioware did to Mass Effect 1 and never fully fix the game.

Edited by Kasabian

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

After I read the comments and reviews (particularly the Gamespot review) I lost all hope for AP. Now I've been playing it for 4 hours and CAN'T. STOP. Alpha Protocol is amazing. Dialogue is brilliant and hilarious (especially when Mike is flirting. Oh, the lulz). Game has bugs, sure, but they can easily be ignored. Gameplay is great, there are so many ways to play this game. I love how you actually have to use your head. Replayability factor is over 9000. This game is like heroin for me.

Cant...write...must...play....

OVER 9000?!??!?!!

Does whatever a spider can.