Can't load checkpoints

Sage

Question

So, I manually created the 'checkpoints' and 'profile' subfolders to 'alpha protocol' in my documents. I can successfully save the game, i can even see the .sav files in my 'checkpoints' folder, but cannot load them from the in-game menu.

I have the steam version of the game and had to manually create the save folders for Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect 2 as well.

Tonight I'm going to try re-downloading the game instead of re-installing from a backup. This is going to chew up my bandwidth, but it's all I can think of to try.

8 answers to this question

So, I manually created the 'checkpoints' and 'profile' subfolders to 'alpha protocol' in my documents. I can successfully save the game, i can even see the .sav files in my 'checkpoints' folder, but cannot load them from the in-game menu.

I have the steam version of the game and had to manually create the save folders for Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect 2 as well.

Tonight I'm going to try re-downloading the game instead of re-installing from a backup. This is going to chew up my bandwidth, but it's all I can think of to try.

I had this same problem and managed to resolve it by changing the installation directory from "C:\Program Files (x86)\..." to "C:\Program Files\...." hope this helps! :thumbsup:)

I also changed my documents to point at the default location on the C drive but i dont believe this resolved the problem although i am slightly unsure given how many things i tried to resolve this problem!

Same Problem here. After a clean install, the Alpha Protocol folder in My Documents (located on D:) was empty. I added the folders checkpoints and profile and there are sav files in there now, but the in game load menu remains empty. The saves are simply not listed.

Re-downloading and re-installing hasn't helped.

For the benefit of those looking into the problem, My Documents is on a drive other than C:\ and my Steam games are installed in a sub-folder of My Documents.

Surely it's an issue with the game trying to look up the wrong filepaths. :/ Maybe it's because My Documents is in a different drive?

Does the checkpoints folder contain a MetaData folder as well, with .dat files for every save?

Hi I've a similar problem. My savegame location was fine until today when I was loading ingame and no savegame appeared. I created a new game to see if I could save and all was normal. When I loaded again only that save was there.

I noticed in the metadata folder that only the new games I saved appeared there. So I renamed one of my previous saves and renamed it to default.sav and when loaded ingame it loaded correctly.

Is there anyway to quickly restore all my savegames.sav that don't have the corresponding .dat on metadata folder? And it's strange that folder only has the newly saved games. Where did the previous ones go? I didn't delete anything...

Hope this helps

Thanks

Surely it's an issue with the game trying to look up the wrong filepaths. :/ Maybe it's because My Documents is in a different drive?

Does the checkpoints folder contain a MetaData folder as well, with .dat files for every save?

AHA!!! Adding the MetaData subfolder has solved my problem. Thank you, Tigranes. I will have to berate my friend who insisted that Checkpoints and Profile were the only subfolders within the "...My Documents/Alpha Protocol" folder. Success. Now perhaps I can attempt to enjoy this game, though everyone else is complaining about it lol.

Awesome, lucky that it was an easy fix. :ermm: AP's saves are tiny, basically signposts that don't really store a lot of data...

tormbp, no idea. But you can use the current method to restore your saves?