Yeah chain shot can be a little too effective. At the high lvels though even without chain shot it's a lethal surgical instrument OF DEATH.

Assualt rifles are the best genteral purpose mid/long rang weapon though. As good as chain shot is, you could kill Brayko almost as fast with the AR. Plus you get the nifty auto lock power when things get hot.

SMGs and Shotguns are the most underwhelming. High level shotguns allow you to blow the living crapout of anything close and knock people down, but even at high levels the wait on knocking people down doesn't compete with just headshottings them with the pistol. And SMGs simply seem to scatter too much, though to be far they are the one weapon I haven't gotten to a high level.

The silencer does substract some damage, but do you really need to use it? I mean I got the feeling that the AI is so dumb anyway that they won't hit the alarm.

There is a silencer that doesn't reduce damage eventually as well.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

The silencer does substract some damage, but do you really need to use it? I mean I got the feeling that the AI is so dumb anyway that they won't hit the alarm.

There is a silencer that doesn't reduce damage eventually as well.

It's still a loss when compared to the other barrel upgrades available, though.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Shotguns were kind of useless for me. I have all the best stuff on them but they just don't seem to put out the damage other weapons do.

Also why no silencers for SMG and Rifles? I found that kind of odd and we can only get sniper rifles in some missions but we can't keep them.

Balance, i'm sure.

Do any of the stats on the pistol even matter? I mean, I've been stealthing through the whole game and all my kills were basically instakills thanks to the Chain Shot and other nice stuff you get from skilling in Pistols. Three final missions in the hubs are coming up now and I'm wondering which pistol to get (currently have UC Cossak).

I bought 3 stared Samael in Saudi and with upgrades Master Chain Shot took out Brayko instantly :D and why complain about hard Bosses :p

So with chain shot mastered and good pistol with upgrades you are simply unstoppable :)

"...Waste of a Missile but everyone on this Island seem Trigger-happy"

I had SMGs as my secondary weapon skill (behind martial arts) on my first run and they seemed fairly useless.

In my second Veteran playthrough I used SMGs pretty much all the time for close/mid-range combat, and AR for distance (and tough bosses). They where really great. Much more then shotguns which I used as secondary weapon in 1st playthrough (they only pay off when activating room sweep for knockdowns and better rate of fire).

Compared to AR, they can do sustained fire (AR only does short bursts), and have good stability (so you can shoot while on run, with low drop of accuracy). Plus damage bonuses when killing multiple people with same magazine.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

There's no need for silencer in a room, you just rush in, hit chain shot, that's six dead enemies.

As for the range, Chain Shot headshots doesn't have a range limit, so if you can aim it precisely, you can use it at any range.

There's no need for silencer in a room, you just rush in, hit chain shot, that's six dead enemies.

As for the range, Chain Shot headshots doesn't have a range limit, so if you can aim it precisely, you can use it at any range.

That's why it feels broken. Why is it suddenly an autosniper?

Edited by Spydude