Mike Thornton is a giant douchebag

The one thing that bugs me about this game is how all your dialogue basicly makes you out to be a massive douche. Your choices range from rude, childish, smug, obnoxious, patronising to just plain asshatt-ish. I dont know what the script guys were after here, but somewhere down the line it went massively wrong.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't know.. it does carry a certain level of.. Roger's Moore's Bond modernised a touch. But yeah, I tend to think of suave as a bit more.. charming.. then that sort of smug flirtatious.

I will also say, Mike's dialogue actually flows quite well even when you're bouncing between attitudes in a single conversation. It doesn't come across as totally schizophrenic..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Indeed, Mr. Thornton's suave approach lacks of that charming factor, even Craig's Bond is more charming... but since the core personality is well defined, he'll look schizophrenic going totally Connery or Brosnan, lol

Edited by edgarcuk

Mike Thornton = 425.ad.JerseyShore.120909.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Female Shepard is the most awesome PC char voice ever. If you stay away from some of the renegade(jerk) options, she's a pro through and through. Thornton on the other hand is completely intolerable unless you ONLY click on professional options and pres mute when he throws out some annoying adlibbed remark.

Kind of agree in one way but it doesn't bother me that much. There are a few hard coded moments of sarcasm that feel out of place, and there's the odd moment where you say ... choose aggressive or some other word and it comes out totally different.

There are more opportunities to be a jerk than not but I like it in a way - forces a decision.

Though is it just me or sometimes does the kill button just exist for fun?

No one use the aggressive option? Its actually not that aggressive sometimes, in fact it feels really natural when talking to people you don't like. And ya Professional are the Matter of fact option (It does label as that once in a while), and suave is great, but you will lose rep with people who are serious.