Airport Mission Bug

mejoff

Question

I'm having a problem with the mission to bug the Saudi airfield.

If I reload the starting checkpoint I'm put back to the start, standing in the open with the first guard shooting at me and no other guards on the map.

To restart the mission I have to go right back to the safehouse and have the mina conversation again. Really frustrating and boring the fourth or fifth time.

5 answers to this question

Hang on, so if you load the starting checkpoint there are no guards or anything no matter how far you go? I assume you've tried delving deeper into the level?

Maybe just blaze past to the next checkpoint... unless you are dying before that, that is.

(note that you can hold left-click to fast-forward conversations)

There are many checkpoint issues.

On 1 Saudi Arabia mission I loaded a checkpoint and all the guards had disappeared so I got free run to next checkpoint (where guards were). Obviously this helped me but it's still a bug and pretty damn annoying. I'm also pretty sure that on some checkpoints where there are multiple entry points, you don't always get put in the same one you entered by when you reload.

In the Moscow trainyard mission, my current goal was Locate the Buran (there were 2 prior goals I had completed). When I reloaded, 2 extra goals had appeared - Kill Dimitri, and Dimitri Escaped and the quest marker for Locate the Buran was in completely the wrong place. This location is also really annoying as it's a huge area with a lot of guards in it and half the items that look like cover aren't. The only helpful thing is the AI is so stupid it regularly gets run over by trains on their normal patrol routes. This area is pissing me off something rotten.

:-

Hang on, so if you load the starting checkpoint there are no guards or anything no matter how far you go? I assume you've tried delving deeper into the level?

Maybe just blaze past to the next checkpoint... unless you are dying before that, that is.

(note that you can hold left-click to fast-forward conversations)

I've not advanced further as it's pretty clearly a bug and I want to play the game properly and not spoiler myself, I don't want to start skipping areas of the game because the stupid checkpoint system is broken.

And yes, I know I can fatsforward the conversation, but doing so prevents me from selecting dialogue options so this 'solution' also entails not actually playing the game.

Bug needs a patch, that's all there is to it.

Hm... well in the absence of more info yes, it does sound like it needs a patch. I've had zero checkpoint problems myself, but hopefully soemthing will come up.

I should clarify, when I play the level from the conversation, there are guards all over the place, it's when I reload from the checkpoint that they are all gone.