Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible Bug - AP does not save settings/mouse trouble

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DaniDE

DaniDE

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
Hello there.

Just got my copy of AP yesterday and started playing today. I like it!

I tried several times to set up the settings to my liking, but some settings are not saved no matter if I press enter or manually click on exit.

These are (most annoying I assure you) the audio level settings, the controller settings (vibration on/off) and probably some other things too...I suspect Vsync for example but I am not absolutely sure.

I use Win7 64bit, 4 Gig Ram, Nvidia Geforce 280 GTX, some flat screen monitor, razer copperhead mouse and a keyboard, blablah.

I thought maybe the game lacks the rights to write its config files, so I tried launching the apgame.exe with admin rights instead of the launcher. Did not help though.

Also I am having some sort of mouse acceleration issues in-game, If I move the mouse too fast, I suddenly look in some completely different direction, which created the one or another scar in Mikeīs face for sure. Please help Mike, he is really pissed īcos of this and he lets me feel that...so...do a good thing and relieve the both of us from that mouse acceleration thingy soon :D

Thanks,
Dani

PS: If you need any additional information like a dxdiag or whatever, just yell :lol:

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10491 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
For the mouse acceleration, currently a known fix for some people was:

go into APEngine.ini in My Documents,

Set:

MinSmoothedFrameRate=20
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=30

DaniDE

DaniDE

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

For the mouse acceleration, currently a known fix for some people was:

go into APEngine.ini in My Documents,

Set:

MinSmoothedFrameRate=20
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=30

Thanks >_<

Iīve read that, I tried it, it does not really fix the problem. It just eases the symptoms...it did sadly not make a big difference for me.

Greetz,
Dani

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3204 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
What exactly does that tweak do?

Lestrade

Lestrade

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

What exactly does that tweak do?

It limits your frame rate to 30, which is really bad and results in very unprecise mouse movement. This is very noticeable when using a sniper rifle with scope.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10491 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
To be honest, I've found it improved things for me. I know people demand 40, 50, 60 FPS in something like Halo for pinpoint targetting, but in Alpha Protocol you have a massive reticule and aim really has a lot to do with stats anyway.

I think it's a solution for some people, not for others. Hopefully we'll get better fixes in the days to come.

Lestrade

Lestrade

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

To be honest, I've found it improved things for me. I know people demand 40, 50, 60 FPS in something like Halo for pinpoint targetting, but in Alpha Protocol you have a massive reticule and aim really has a lot to do with stats anyway.

I think it's a solution for some people, not for others. Hopefully we'll get better fixes in the days to come.

It's not a solution if you work with chain shot and sniper rifles, I can imagine it improves it for the AR run and gun people, but for surgical strikes it makes it worse.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10491 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'm now in the final hub of the game with pistol and stealth. Of course, I'm pretty horrible at aiming anyway...

JockX

JockX

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts

Also I am having some sort of mouse acceleration issues in-game, If I move the mouse too fast, I suddenly look in some completely different direction, which created the one or another scar in Mikeīs face for sure. Please help Mike, he is really pissed īcos of this and he lets me feel that...so...do a good thing and relieve the both of us from that mouse acceleration thingy soon :D

I had the same. ( http://forums.obsidi...topic=55061&hl= )

Try setting
bEnableMouseSmoothing=false
in APInput.ini
It worked for me, but you may have to adjust mouse sensitivity.

Edited by JockX, 29 May 2010 - 01:11 PM.

DaniDE

DaniDE

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

I had the same. ( http://forums.obsidi...topic=55061&hl= )

Try setting
bEnableMouseSmoothing=false
in APInput.ini
It worked for me, but you may have to adjust mouse sensitivity.

Thanks, I already read all the "fixes" (including this) on the various forums that google has to offer and tried them, however the problem persists.

I believe we are facing two different problems, one being the mouse acceleration. The other might be the game is loading objects and npcīs "on sight" instead of loading everything at the beginngin of the level, and it could be loading-stutter. I donīt have that problem to an extent where Iīd say the game is unplayable, but it happens right when I have to be quick. Almost Always. :D

However, I must say I would be very surprised if itīs really the case that the stuttering is loading stuff, since the game is installed on two fast and reliable enterprise-grade-HDDīs in a RAID0 setup. Fast CPU, fast and correctly set up RAM. Also, I donīt really have any issues in other games, I actually enjoy very quick loading times and fluent gameplay in all other games.
My PC was so bored with ME2 that I forced AA in the NVidia Drivers manually, and I read somewhere that AP is using the same Engine. So...

I have the suspicion that the problem is graphic-driver related, especially given the game is finished for over a year ago or so. I use an Nvidia Geforce card, do people with an ATI Radeon have the same issues?

However, if any of the Obsidian Staff reads this, I just played it through the first time this weekend, and two thumbs up, very entertaining and I think Iīm in love with Sis *g* Nice Game altogether!
I am very happy I didnt cancel my preorder from...ehm...2008?

Thanks,
Dani

PS: please excuse any strangeness in my typing, I am actually german and donīt have much practice in english!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users