But when I think about it seriously, my favorite was Albatross. He is the definition of professionalism. Whenever I saw a spy/agent movie, I always looked out for professionals. Well, Albatross is that person.
This + Sis

And Albatross is paired up with Sis. Two people of awesome for the price of one.

Sis, however, didn't make any sense as a character. I mean really, some punk girl working as bodyguard from alleged professional leader? Doesn't ring. I assume there was more backstory material for her in the planning, but didn't get into the game.

From the very bare bones stuff I know, I guess Alby leaves her some freedom.

'Sides, as cool as G22 armor looks, you would want some measure of individuality in your looks, no? And her prophecy or whatever could've influenced her world view/personality in a way that turned into goth-dom.

Then again, until I reach the locket part again, this is just speculation.

Yeah, that's true about Sis, it was strange when I found out that the two are related. But in a strange way this controversial relationship helped building up the character (at least in my vantage point).

Anyways, the greatest moment with Albatross was the fact, that even when (on my second playthrough) I made him to be my enemy in every way (by Sis, by the bug, by my behaviour), he was still willing to help me, because he saw the greater picture. That was the moment I said: Yeah, he is the professional.

Although G22's story is still untold, I really felt if I could join a faction it would be G22. They are professional and what thufirhawat333 said; they see the big picture. The only thing they care for is stability in the world and I think that isn't a bad idea

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

I felt the same way.

G22 is something that Alpha Protocol should have been.

Well, they are certainly not the good guys around here (neither is any agency), but their goal, agenda is clear: To preserve world stability. Maybe the trick is that they aren't ruled by a government - therefore the organization has no "... and not asking any questions" rule.

I would try to get Heck at G22 to, just for the fun of it, he makes everything a party!

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

One of my new fave convos in the game is when having Heck as Handler during the Finale and you get to the part where you get outside and the helicopter he had called in to get us out gets shot down. Not quite a word for word repeat of it but it goes something like this...

Heck: Thorton, I got good news and bad news

Thorton: Whats the bad news?

Heck: That was our chopper that was going to get us out

Thorton: Ok, whats the good news?

Heck: I took out high value insurance on it

:)

Heck has so many good lines, like his version of the line Mork says in Mork and Mindy "Heck calling Thorton, Heck calling Thorton, come in Thorton!" (or it might actually be mork calling thorton hehe) and also "Danger Mr Thorton!" said in similar vein to the robot from Lost in Space.

I think all the characters are good in their own special ways but Sie is probably my all time favourite out of the lot though. Everything about her is great, convos, emails, the romance scene and of course her humming 'Ride of the Valkyries' during the lift in the Embassy :)

I have to say, most of the cast is really enjoyable. The only downside is that many you don't get to interact with very much. For me it's a shame you really don't learn much about many of the characters and organizations. I still not entirely sure what G22 is, though I never did finish their dossier.

The characters that stood out for me were:

Marburg - amazing dialogue and conversations.

Leland - was wary of the time jumping narrative, but the conversations with Leland were really enjoyable. Played the villain very well.

Omen Deng - wish you had more interactions with this guy. I love his design, it's a pity he lost the cape halfway through. From what I read, his original design was that he was so skilled, he only ever used his left hand to fight.

Heck - hated the guy when I first met him but he grew on me.

Albatross and Sis - a very interesting duo that didn't get fully explained in my run.

The characters that underperformed:

Madison - I also felt this was a bit of a railroaded romance. I didn't care for her that much, but the game makes her death out to be some big emotional event.

Darcy - was disappointed since I felt this relationship had much more potential. Especially since he was tasked with hunting you down after you enact Alpha Protocol.

Michael Thorton - actually, he's not that bad, he just doesn't keep up with the rest of the cast.

I was going to mention Mina and Scarlet as poor characters too because some of their actions didn't make any sense but after a bit of research I realized I missed some of the big reveals of the game. :ermm:

Edited by BEES

Michael Thorton - actually, he's not that bad, he just doesn't keep up with the rest of the cast.

Well, Mike is just as interesting as you are.

I didn't like Mina, I'm not quite sure why. Maybe I just don't like "by the book" people. Scarlet would be a better "voice in your ear" character. Mina is a bit boring. She barely cracked a joke throughout the entire game.

Edited by Mojito
bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

well written characters

hadn't expect anything else, I found the characters of Kotor 2 also very interesting, very dark and with great background stories.

What can I expect when I'm going to play nwn2 (with expansions too), can somebody pm me about it, cause I'm curious.

DQFT - Dfor double :)

Sie is amazing. Punish me baby LOL.

Mina and Madison are like flowers if you commit a mistake with them you will feel their thorns.

Scarlet - A mysterious sexy lady.

Heck - crazy , funny and unpredictable.

Darcy - a guy that you want to execute after know him.

Parker - Mr. know-it-all that you will hate easily.

Albatross/Marburg/Leland - great characters that add intrigue to the story.

Brakio - Say hello to my little friend...the Scarface of AP . Best boss fight in the game although can be a lil frustrating.

Deng - A mysterious and powerful enemy ; the best competence that a good spy can have.

Grigory - love headaches.

Nasri / Shaahed - Interact with them in the beginning is a good experience.

Sis - a char that you want to know more. Seems fragile but isn't.

Gelato guy - disgusting. Nice scene in the game.

Sung - Stubburn.

Jbara - guilt or not guilty.

Championchik (bodyguard)/ Shaahed Elite boss (forget his name) - this guys for some reasons reminds me the first 2 movies of Indiana Jones . When one enemy show Indy his sword and Indi shoot him; Whe indy fight with the strong bald guy in the airport.

The boss of championchik (forgot his name) - the only chars that i don't like .

Hong Shi - a great ally if you play good your cards.

Westridge - a nasty leader that you want to slap .

Mike -Empathy is his last name.... need take a Spionage Seminar with Heck LOL.

Edited by Alpha

I liked that huge conspiracy theory email that Heck sends you and the aggressive response.

"Dear Steven Heck, shut the **** up. Thanks"

Pick the option that's for humoring him. It's funny as heck because you give him some stupid conspiracy theory and he turns around and believes everything you say and sends you an "OMG!" styled email.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I liked that huge conspiracy theory email that Heck sends you and the aggressive response.

Pick the option that's for humoring him. It's funny as heck because you give him some stupid conspiracy theory and he turns around and believes everything you say and sends you an "OMG!" styled email.

Does he actually believe it, or is it all just banter? I have a feeling Heck just places huge value on a good sense of humor.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Does he actually believe it, or is it all just banter? I have a feeling Heck just places huge value on a good sense of humor.

He believes it... he literally comes back and says "I knew you were the perfect guy! I hadn't thought about that connection you made! I sahll now investigate it!"

He believes it... he literally comes back and says "I knew you were the perfect guy! I hadn't thought about that connection you made! I sahll now investigate it!"

I realize this, I've sent that email.

I think it's all a joke. I don't think Heck is actually supposed to believe that crap. It seems more his personality to play along with it as a joke.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I liked most of the characters, with Albatross/Sis and Brayko getting shout-outs.

Albatross was my favorite handler, and Brayko my favorite boss.

If you save him you avoid the final final boss fight in Moscow.

First playthrough I did, I could talk with Surkov at Moloteck, make a deal without fighting Championchik and shooting Surkov in his leg. So you can avoid the final boss fight in Moscow even if you kill Brayko.

First playthrough I did, I could talk with Surkov at Moloteck, make a deal without fighting Championchik and shooting Surkov in his leg. So you can avoid the final boss fight in Moscow even if you kill Brayko.

Yeah, I too choose the 'talk with Surkov' route, and I killed Brayko of course.

Heck and Brayko are the best in terms of hilarity. If you spare Brayko and then pick the "Brayko" dialogue option when confronting Surkov, you'll be treated to one of the funniest scenes in the game. "Championchik is busy winning gold medal in dying", delivered with that russian accent is pure win.

I thought most the characters were decent enough, though the great ones were mostly the funny ones. I liked Hong Shi a lot, especially if you take an aggressive stance with him when you talk to him the first time (which wont make him dislike you anyway). SIE was good fun as well.

Other than that, Marburg and Leland were good villains (not great, but good, as I kind of want to see a villain who can also display some vulnerabilities and come across as something else than an ice cold psycopath), Mina was alright, and so was mostly the rest of the cast, with the exception of Omen Deng who should've had more screen time as he is the best character in AP, easily. He was the only person in AP who was a complete bad ass without being over the top.

As for all the love that's shown here for Albatross and Sis, I disagree. They didn't really do anything, and Albatross was, well, boring. To each his own, though.

I somewhat agree on Albatross. I liked him well enough but he didn't turn out to be a favorite (which I'd expected him to be actually). Sis? Interesting concept with a mute character but I can't say I get the fanboyism.

Other than that, Marburg and Leland were good villains (not great, but good, as I kind of want to see a villain who can also display some vulnerabilities and come across as something else than an ice cold psycopath)

Actually, I think they *have* vulnerabilities which is what makes them great, even though it might be hard to "unlock" in the game. Pissing Marburg off at the museum and killing him there is one of the most satisfying things in the game because of the fact that he appears to be the stone-cold killer that has everything under control. Similarily, you can also convince him to abandon Leland at the end of the game.

Leland doesn't show much weakness in the dialogues. You can get the drop on him at least once as he won't know if you spared Shaheed. But again, I think the confrontation with Leland at the end (love that he just gives up if you get up to his room) is made extremely satisfying since he's such a smug bastard. The "how *dare* you hit me?!" line is just so damn great because it's finally Mike who's in control. He also scores points in my book because he's a villain that you can actually join (and you can betray him as well).

Definitely agree that Omen Deng should've had more screen-time. His whole concept is extremely bad-ass and his reveal at the subway station (the music helps a lot) is awesome. I also think it'd be nice to have Hong Shi in a larger role, some simple but really great lines from him as well. "Oh and Mr Thorton... Beware of the man called Omen Deng." Love the delivery on that.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I just finished Rome while I had 10 reputation with Marburg.

The entire conversation changed, and I really liked how it played out.

He didn't want to fight, (the fight was unavoidable anyways), and not out of fear, but because he didn't want to kill me, nor the authorities to get me. (Overconfident much? ;) )

Again, it showed another side of the character.

And that's a wonderful thing about this game, every different reputation level shows a different side with whole new conversation sets. At some cases, at least.

"He brought his fists to a gunfight."

Lol, Championchik.