No, you can side with G22, and still get SIE as handler for the final mission.

You see, SIE is not exactly loyal to her organization, she just likes to shoot people. A lot. :verymad:

Edited by surreal

I think the best exchange is when you talk with Albatross about Sis' locket. That was very emotional, extremely well done facial expressions too... totally worth keeping the gal alive for.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The game is full of diverse and unique characters, which is part of the appeal. The only ones I disliked were Darcy and Madison.

Darcy I just didnt get, he was hunting you yet you still kept all the memorabilia he gave you. I understand taking trophies from your victims but that didnt really make sense to me. Anyways, he was just a low-level lackey anyways.

Madison I liked as a character, but there simply wasnt enough time to develop her character fully so I felt a bit underwhelmed by her performance..

Favourites, have to be SIE and Sis. SIE is just plain hilarious and the dialouge is exceptional. Sis is the evasive kind but thats the charm. I hope that if there is an AP2, she definitely gets onside wih Thorton, they would make a top team. And a romance option please!!

Execellent game, well written characters. I'm loving AP

I really liked how on the plane with Scarlett you could say that you were an oilman who wanted to own a baseball team.

That's a George W. Bush reference (he owned the Texas Rangers).

It's the small touches like that...

well written characters

hadn't expect anything else, I found the characters of Kotor 2 also very interesting, very dark and with great background stories.

What can I expect when I'm going to play nwn2 (with expansions too), can somebody pm me about it, cause I'm curious.

Edited by cesko

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

What can I expect when I'm going to play nwn2 (with expansions too), can somebody pm me about it, cause I'm curious.
Vanilla NwN 2 had some interesting characters, most of them joinables. Mask of the Betrayer has apparently great joinables, though I didn't get far in that yet.

Favourites :

Scarlet. Best romance option (Sie is on a league of her own). Not a damsel in distress, pretty much Thorton's equal and the definition of a femme fatale. I love the flirtatious banter between her and Mike. One of her e-mails made me choke on my Smirnoff.

Sie. She says the best innuendos ever and the way she played with Mike at Endgame...gotta love her. Also, she was humming Ride of the Valkyres. Your arguments are invalid.

Herc. Best bromance ever. Who doesn't love a psycho sociopath? He reminds me of myself.

Leland and Marburg. Although I treated them like ****, they were brilliant. Loved the conversations between them and Mike.

Brayko. I like his style and he has a good music taste. Also, his dossier was interesting.

Sis. She's badass, I love her style and when Mike meets her and Albatross in Moscow and wants to give back the locket, she insists that he keeps it. The way she tried to say it without words made me kinda feel sorry for her.

Least favourites :

Madison. I hate damsels in distress. I romanced her (it suited Mike's character) but I wanted Conrad to kill her.

Albatross. I don't know, I just didn't like him.

Parker. Didn't like him from the start. It's always the quiet and anti-social ones that are a pain in the ass at the end.

Edited by Mojito
bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

Favorites:

Heck - Absolutely hilarious

Marburg - Chillingly awesome, I wish I had gotten the chance to actually kill the bastard, even though my reputation with him was *very* high.

Darcy - He's so convincingly unlikeable that I have to respect the writing.

Albatross - Very well-written, and always helpful.

Least favorites:

Westridge - Just found him rather boring, and he didn't really have a major role

Madison - Not developed enough

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I don't know if it is a bug, but in the fight with Parker Scarlet hit Mike with her sniper rifle (she must've targeted a soldier I was brawling with and hit Mike instead). Insta-kill. 'Twas funny.

She's basically to Mike what the Black Cat was to Spiderman.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I didn't know SIS was a mute until, well she never spoke! Which is really cool, not alot of characters in video games are mutes. Also I really like her design, style, weapon choices, everything. I would romance her if I could. Too bad she is a mute =(

I executed Sis because she didn't talk when I told her to talk or else. Didn't know she was mute!

I really liked how on the plane with Scarlett you could say that you were an oilman who wanted to own a baseball team.

That's a George W. Bush reference (he owned the Texas Rangers).

It's the small touches like that...

The game is full of snide yet awesomely hilarious quotes. Example:

During the fight with Brayko, if you have Shadow Operative and can hide he will (rarely in my experience) yell out:

"Ole, ole, oxi - whatever the **** that means!" (The ole ole, oxi- thing is a phonetic pronunciation).

I found it funny because of the way Brayko says it, which sounds exactly like the Russian Mafia bad guys from the original Splinter Cell (specifically the level where you go to the Abattoir).

Madison - Not developed enough

Agree. If Marburg kills her, Leland says "You had feelings for her, right?" Feelings? I've known her for 2 days, lol.

I read you there pal.

"Umm not really Marburg, I mean I tagged her but outside that I have only spoken to her for about ten minutes"

Our emotional investment in Madison was the only LI I felt was absurdly contrived.

I loved the conversation when Mike first met Sie "They didn't take many bullets" Most of the characters at least get one or two kick ass lines.

The e-mails now that cracks me the hell up. Mikes "flirtatious" reply to Mina trying to make small talk was golden, Scarlet, Westridge, Heck they all have cracker e-mails.

I don't know if it is a bug, but in the fight with Parker Scarlet hit Mike with her sniper rifle (she must've targeted a soldier I was brawling with and hit Mike instead). Insta-kill. 'Twas funny.

She's basically to Mike what the Black Cat was to Spiderman.

I got the same treatment by G22 in the final Taipei mission. They must've really hated that particular CSP. Edited by Oner

For me, favourite characters I liked were:

Sis

Mina

Darcy (I actually quite liked his joking nature, and I just love the photoshopped picture in your safehouse!)

Heck

Omen (cool professional)

Favourite characters I hate (as in, brilliant characters that really made you hate them):

Leland

Marburg (haven't managed to kill him yet, but his smugness made me immediately dislike him)

Brayko (I spared him first playthrough since I realised I had been set up, not again though)

Award for character that grew on me after initial disinterest:

Scarlet, wasn't too impressed with her but gave her a chance since she was a redhead, and her personality grew on me, and the twist! Second playthrough I also took the suave approach on the plane and her eyerolling when you tell her you're a spy is just lolworthy (and one of the best conveyance of emotion via character expression in a game I have seen for a while).

Most boring character award:

Madison, sorry but she seemed geared up to die pitifully and that's it, and so I let her fulfill her role and, well, die pitifully. Was meh to her, the worse response you can get from me for a character.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Most boring character award:

Madison, sorry but she seemed geared up to die pitifully and that's it, and so I let her fulfill her role and, well, die pitifully. Was meh to her, the worse response you can get from me for a character.

Exactly. I knew she was going to die if I go to the missiles (spoilers ftw) and I let her die on purpose. I needed her only for Mike's character arc. My Mike was a reckless, co cky, chauvinistic jerk and he became more cynical and ruthless throughout the game. He needed to know how it feels to have a friend die because of him, he needed to learn that he's not invincible. That was Madison's role in the game.

Edited by Mojito
bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

Favourites :

Brayko. I like his style and he has a good music taste. Also, his dossier was interesting.

I was stunned to hear Autograph "Turn Up the Radio" during the boss fight with him. As a child of the 1980's, I absolutely LOVED that part!

I like Madison but she is undoubtedly an outsider in the cast, being pretty... well, normal and fairly innocent. And she definitely feels like a "plot helper" (though to be fair, she can have strong repercussions down the line) and some of the scenes in Rome didn't quite make sense in how they played if you treat her bad. Mike still shows that remorse if she dies. I mean, it might be part of Mike's character (even though we can affect him, he *is* out on a hero mission so to speak) but it played a bit strangely.

But I found the romance with her to be quite sweet and gave a nice touch of character to Mike as well. I liked the dialogue about Mike being so absorbed in his job and all that, just seemed to serve as a reminder that Mike has had a life outside the spy business also.

Also, if you choose her as handler for the Marburg villa mission, she has a fun line on some of the statues in the place. :)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I don't know why, I'm often fascinated by antagonists. Specifically their relationship with the protagonist and the space between them ...if that makes sense. Alpha Protocol amazes me in this respect. I find Leland and Marburg such effective villains because their interactions with Mike are so compelling. They're like ...the Palpatine and Vader of the espionage world.

Edited by Tel Aviv

Second playthrough now, I'm shooting everything up with my SMGs and being a total smartass to everyone I come across. Just hit the first Marburg convo, and instead of shooting to +5 reputation, I went to -5. It was great. Completely different conversation, and hilarious, to boot.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Hmm-hmm, interesting question. I tried to pull out an answer, but I realized I have to think about it.

There is SIE, who is as crazy as a women with a machine gun gets, which works great with all the 'James Bond-ish' charm. Ride of the Valkyries in the elevator made me laugh for a half min.

Then I was thinking about Heck, the utterly lunatic freelancer (myself, I'm sure he had never worked for any agencies, just made his way to this line of work somehow) with his dry cleaning solutions.

But when I think about it seriously, my favorite was Albatross. He is the definition of professionalism. Whenever I saw a spy/agent movie, I always looked out for professionals. Well, Albatross is that person.

But when I think about it seriously, my favorite was Albatross. He is the definition of professionalism. Whenever I saw a spy/agent movie, I always looked out for professionals. Well, Albatross is that person.
This + Sis

And Albatross is paired up with Sis. Two people of awesome for the price of one.