Can't walk, have to run? (walk toggle?)

OF COURSE. pinch.gif Think about it, does ANYONE actually jog or run EVERYWHERE they go in real life? No. Why should it be different in a game? Did the other NPC characters in Fallout 3 or Oblivion run everywhere constantly?

Here, just think about it from both perspectives.

I get your point - if we think from a realism perspective, of course it's retarded Mike can't walk, I mean... it's a pretty basic function in human life. It happens quite a lot. Yeah?

If you look at it from a gameplay perspective - i.e. this is a game - there's zero reason for you to walk. It's slower. It doesn't give you better stealth (crouching does). All it does is slow the game down - then you'll have people coming on here to complain, what a stupid game, it takes you 5 minutes to walk from one room to the other.

There's a reason that games where you can't walk are criticised by a few people, but games where you can't RUN are deemed unplayable by a lot of people. Now, that doesn't make your complaint invalid, doesn't mean you are wrong. But I'm just explaining how gamers can see things differently, it's not some terminally brain-dead idiot thinking "hey, let's just take out walking even though it's fundamental to the experience!".

Think about it. If you continue to play Alpha Protocol, you will see that 90% of the gameplay occurs in high-tension spy-mission situations where... you would hardly ever walk around normally. if the default jogging animation was just a 'pedestrian' walk it would be out of place. Would it be better if you had a run, jog, walk AND crouch option for Mike? Sure, I guess so. But is having four modes of movement so important that, if you don't have it, your game is a piece of crap?

In the end AP is a game about spies doing spy stuff. Not real life.

yeah, and I get what you're saying, but it's still just idiotic and lazy and absolutely ruins for me what seems like could be an otherwise somewhat fun game.

even in the safehouse, when I simply want to turn around he does a semi-half-jog-walk kinda thing, it looks freakin' stupid. >_<

Edited by deevius

There must be some way to tweak one of the config files or something - COME ON SOMEONE. The ability to walk is obviously in the game but it just needs to be set to a key or something, but I have no idea how.

Well, if you say Mike walked in the hospital (honestly, I don't even remember, I didn't notice it), the animation exists, yes. Meaning there is probably some way to change the jogging animation to walking (that would cause problems later though, unless you want to walk EVERYWHERE), or, if you're lucky, there's an existing 'switch' for walking.

Thing is... since it's not even the US release date for this game yet, you can't realistically hold out on someone to give you a solution in the next 30 minutes. >_<

You have the default "move at x pace" which is a little faster then a normal walk.. and then there's the "sprint" button.

Think of it as Mike as ADD and is a hyper-git who always has to be moving. :)

It's not something that really jumps out and is glaringly immersion breaking. At least it hasn't leapt out and hit me with a wet haddock over it... :ermm:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I want to be able to walk because it looks utterly ridiculous to have the character run everywhere for no reason whatsoever. If I don't even have the simple option to be able to walk if I want to then I suppose I should take this as a good indication of the laziness invested in this game and just give up now.

I think you are right. You should give up.

That said, I would love to see some youtube videos of you playing Mass Effect 2 walking, Splinter Cell Walking and Far Cry walking.

In fact, I think you're just trolling at this point.

You can walk in both Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell (the latest one)

have no idea about Far Cry but that's an FPS anyway :/

Yes. And what I'm saying is I would like to see the youtube videos of you WALKING through the game in Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell.

That's some serious OCD stuff there man LOL!

Would love to see it.

Did you take 40 hours instead of the normal 20 something to finish the game? :-)

Yes. And what I'm saying is I would like to see the youtube videos of you WALKING through the game in Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell.

That's some serious OCD stuff there man LOL!

Would love to see it.

Did you take 40 hours instead of the normal 20 something to finish the game? :-)

You understood him wrong. He said he wants to walk in normal, non-combat situations, like safehouses. I agree with OP, there should be a "walk" button. Personally, I always walk in non-combat parts. Lack of a walk button is a con but in no way a deal breaker.

bo2honau2csr9e70g28.png

Guys, I think we're being trolled.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Uninstalled game, removed it from my harddrive, will see if I can get a refund.

Absolute crapper of a game, I expect it will be in bargain bins within a matter of weeks.

so you hate the game because you cannot walk??? LAME excuse

No need to assume someone is a troll guys, play nice.

In any case, constructive conversation appears to be done with here.