Where do I go for a refund?

MR. Moderator, and other fans of this damned game.

I wasn't LOOKING for an FPS, i was looking for a Spy RPG, like a mass effect for SPIES that DONT travel in space.

it's crap. i play only for the dialogue, nothing more. other games could take a point from this dialog system, they even raised the bar higher than mass effect in that aspect. so i suppose that this game has it's place, as sort of a history lesson you can learn from.

play pistols and melee only btw, see how you like that ****.

Exactly, you can look for a spy mod for ME1 or ME2... your gameplay combat issues will be resolved, sorry no dialogue...

MR. Moderator, and other fans of this damned game.

Listen, the Dialogue system is better than ANY game out there. but THATS IT.... the rest is just a frustrating nightmare.

and i've read many fanboys saying, "well, its not supposed to play like an FPS... mehhhhhhhh. "

I wasn't LOOKING for an FPS, i was looking for a Spy RPG, like a mass effect for SPIES that DONT travel in space.

And besides, when you hold down LT, the game IS an FPS. So they should have at least given it some FPS treatment if only for that.

No i knew exactly what AP was supposed to be from the announcement about 2 years ago. I waited, anxiously, and as the OP says, i would freak when it got delayed. You know what i thought? they are polishing the game, it'll just be that much better.

it's crap. i play only for the dialogue, nothing more. other games could take a point from this dialog system, they even raised the bar higher than mass effect in that aspect. so i suppose that this game has it's place, as sort of a history lesson you can learn from.

play pistols and melee only btw, see how you like that ****.

In the light of your ending sentence, your entire post becomes tragicomically hilarious, seeing as how both melee and pistols are nothing short of amazing, potentially rendering all other weapons completely obsolete, unless you adhere to the 'pray and spray' school of thought.

t50aJUd.jpg

The time-stopping/slowing mechanics of Chain Shot and Fury make for a significantly overpowered character. Combined with Shadow Operative and second-tier Brilliance, you're effectively in god mode.

(I can imagine problems with picking, say, SMGs and Shotguns, as both are highly situational weapons - to the point where I honestly don't know why they'd have their own skill trees. They ought to have fallen under a more expansive "assault weapons" category with assault rifles, thus broadening the toolset of a so-so skill. But aside from those two categories, all the skills available are excellent in their own right.)

The dialogue is superior to ME or Dragon Age (where speech skill and morality options kill real dialogue choices) - in fact, it's the best dialogue in recent memory, though I agree with the prevailing view that the options are often vague.

And I'll say it again, for the sake of raising the issue: No RPG has ever done stealth gameplay as effectively as AP has. Other non-RPG's have done it better, and high-level Shadow Operative is a win button, yes - but as RPG's go, this is the best we've yet seen. If you don't like the FPS combat (and frankly, who likes FPS combat aside from teenaged nerdragers and manchild aspies) stealth is a viable and entertaining option.

A dull boy.

I played 3 playthroughs like that, pistols and melee are amazingly good

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!