Sign in to follow this  
imkao

So, can you actually call Scarlet?

Hmmm happy endings? Lets see, ended up with Mina, managed to get busy with: Madison, Sei, Mina and Scarlett, only 1 died (Madison) and put a bullet between Leilands eyes.

I guess that was happy. :sorcerer:

Hmmm happy endings? Lets see, ended up with Mina, managed to get busy with: Madison, Sei, Mina and Scarlett, only 1 died (Madison) and put a bullet between Leilands eyes.

I guess that was happy. :)

I had that except for Mina. My last view of her was on a monitor. She was facedown, eyes staring into the abyss with blood all over the floor. Poor Mina.

Wow, I didn't know there are so many different possible plot twist with Scarlet... I think mine was very average comparing to the sniping and crap lol. I flirt with her most of the time, and have 12 rep with her, she never gave me a choice to be my handler or anything. I ended staying over at the hotel for a hot night, and thats the last of it. I also killed leland myself, so no one snipe me, and I left with Mina on the yacht and sail to the sunset :p I think its because I had "romance" with all the options, so Scarlet never became my handler???

Well, there might be a few ways to do it, but the way I got her to be my handler and helper was

Get good rep with her, choose to download the PDA info in the Greybox (from a still alive Omen Deng), find her and confront her about it, choose not to kill her, and then ask her for help in escaping together. I had romanced Madison earlier, so that doesn't ruin it.

I loved the final scene together, just seemed so Bondish :)

How did you romance Madison, cause I couldn't get her higher then +3. What for responses does she like?

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

"Oh the candy dish! That's right - that's where I left my keys" Heck YEAH!!

^I 'romanced' Madison at +3... maybe having picked her as handler at the mansion helped with that. Other than that, I just picked nice & supportive dialogue options when it was appropriate.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I didn't choose her as handler, so that could be the trigger

Who are you "Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, mr. Thorton, Michael, Mike, Michael, Mike, Michael darling, agent Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Thorton, Michael Thorton, etc....."

^I 'romanced' Madison at +3... maybe having picked her as handler at the mansion helped with that. Other than that, I just picked nice & supportive dialogue options when it was appropriate.

This is how it was for me, except I didn't pick her as handler.

when did you both play the rome missions, for me it was the last city

Edited by cesko

Oops, just noticed that I had only +2 LOL

but thx for the help!

Edited by cesko

Is anyone else shocked at just how much variation there is in this game?

Reviews for this game are actually completely useless because in their rush to get scores out they've missed out on the biggest and best part of this game.

ROOT II III IV V VI VII OCTAVE

When we finally start living it has become too late

Trapped inside this Octavarium

Is anyone else shocked at just how much variation there is in this game?

Reviews for this game are actually completely useless because in their rush to get scores out they've missed out on the biggest and best part of this game.

Oh totally. Just the one part with save Madison or stop the bombs and the variable plot branches (see spoiler, don't click if you saved Madison, better to discover it for yourself) is one part I'm dying to play again and see how it goes.

For example getting Parker to attack Marburg (thus weakening him for your boss fight) in the last level because you told Parker that Marburg killed his daughter. AWESOME!!!

It's obviously a bug because the final scene with Mina triggers always when you choose to spare her.

In the Final Mission I chose to side with Halbech and then deflected and killed Leland. I did the finale twice to check it. I saved and spared Mina and told her to go contact her agency, Scarlet was my handler without data from Deng ( although dialogue options without the intel from Deng are not allowing to forgive her and give explanation of her motives which is strange and illogical) but still in the end I got a sequence with Mina which is happy and looks like nothing happened and she's fine with me taking over halbech and revealing alpha protocol and fact that I wanted to execute her.... Second playthrough and I didn't save her so she ended up dead and then I got scene where I rendezvous with Scarlet..... (I thoroughly expected I will still see her on boat with a hole in her head... well it happens :D) And when chose to not side with Leland the mechanism stays the same....

So it is a Bug whatever you in the final mission choose to save Mina you will end up with Mina on the Boat.......

Shame to kill her but still compared to Scarlet she has worst "textures" in game so Mina is sentenced to death by developers and maybe it's their clear intention... So if I am to choose between them I definitely Pick Scarlet she has better looks and her character is more interesting.... :D so sorry Mina I will leave you to dry.... :)

"...Waste of a Missile but everyone on this Island seem Trigger-happy"

It's obviously a bug because the final scene with Mina triggers always when you choose to spare her.

Snip

I don't think it's a bug at all. The game asks you to either save Mina or leave her to help Scarlet go after the bad guys.

If you choose Mina, you get Mina. Simple :)

But then it makes no sense then because I never romanced her and was sent there by Leland to kill her and in the conversation she is aware of that and instead of killing her I told her to go to hell and inform the agency she works with... so it is illogical that she would appear on the boat instead of Scarlet concerning this fact, if you execute her everything is OK then if you choose to kill Leland then you get Scarlet scene.....

So still it is definitely a Bug....

The same is with Parker when you chose to join helbech and still you got opportunity to convince him that helbech failed and turn him, but in the cutscene in server room he is aware that you are with helbech but when you get to him he escapes telling that you can bring helbech down. But you download data regarding alpha protocol from the computer so again it makes no sense.....

Final mission is full of glitches and this i because you are able to achieve about 30 different endings because of that i think that devs didn't check all of the possibilities and it all ended up as a mess....

Someone should give a solid kick for beta testers cause they haven't done their job... considering beta test were conducted.....

I regret that this game is unpolished and I hope patch will fix them all.... I don't care about the graphics but bugs concerning plot that is unacceptable.... Obsidian you have done a great game but those bugs and errors.... and all is left to say "How video killed a radio star" :D

So get to work and with solving the game bugs prove that you actually can do something flawlessly :( because that kind of things makes me retrospect KOTOR II which needed modders to fix the game and finally conclude a logical ending to the story.... no pressure.. :D

Edited by Shadow Operative

"...Waste of a Missile but everyone on this Island seem Trigger-happy"

Wow, I didn't know there are so many different possible plot twist with Scarlet... I think mine was very average comparing to the sniping and crap lol. I flirt with her most of the time, and have 12 rep with her, she never gave me a choice to be my handler or anything. I ended staying over at the hotel for a hot night, and thats the last of it. I also killed leland myself, so no one snipe me, and I left with Mina on the yacht and sail to the sunset :( I think its because I had "romance" with all the options, so Scarlet never became my handler???

Well, there might be a few ways to do it, but the way I got her to be my handler and helper was

Get good rep with her, choose to download the PDA info in the Greybox (from a still alive Omen Deng), find her and confront her about it, choose not to kill her, and then ask her for help in escaping together. I had romanced Madison earlier, so that doesn't ruin it.

I loved the final scene together, just seemed so Bondish :)

How did you romance Madison, cause I couldn't get her higher then +3. What for responses does she like?

I think you have to have "liked" with her, and at the scene where you come in and find her asleep you wake her up and support her, which winds up with the screen going black as you "charge up her loading ramp".

Basically tender and caring the whole way.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

LOL, I know, second time I had +4 instead of +2.

I thought I had +3 but I was wrong.

I had a weird ending. I always romance Scarlett (cause Sis is unromanceable Q.Q ). At the end I desided to side with her in the alpha protocol facility and she became my handler, I chose to free Mina in the process to the end, Scarlett stayed my handler, but at the end I get the Mina Tang ending... wait, what? Am I missing something here? Does saving Mina Tang count as romance?

I just can't get it past my heart to let Mina die, on my first playthrough I did that and seeing that picture of her shot in the face I was like "OMG! *restarts mission*"

Where is my Scarlett ending? For that matter, where is my Sis romance!?

Edited by Relinquished

I support Romanceable Sis!

I also support Albatross and Steven Heck Bro-mance for Alpha Protocol 2.