AI and hacking

OMG AI and computer hacking are awful. Hacking is so tedious and unresponsive it is unbeleivable and as for the AI well they just stand with their backs to you while their mates shoot at you??? Apart from that so far so good!

This AI thing is weird. People are calling out horrible AI, and I've even seen it myself on the preview vids. But then when I play it myself, it's not that bad, and there are other people that are fine with it...

Leads me to wonder if there are distance issues involved? If you're playing a shootery type character and fight from a distance, are there more AI issues then if you're getting up close with a stealthy character like mine? Dunno, this is strange. Or maybe it depends what platform you're playing it on? Although that shouldn't happen?

As for the hacking, I think it works out ok... if you put points in sabotage anyway :x

Edited by Baeus

This AI thing is weird. People are calling out horrible AI, and I've even seen it myself on the preview vids. But then when I play it myself, it's not that bad, and there are other people that are fine with it...

Leads me to wonder if there are distance issues involved? If you're playing a shootery type character and fight from a distance, are there more AI issues then if you're getting up close with a stealthy character like mine? Dunno, this is strange. Or maybe it depends what platform you're playing it on? Although that shouldn't happen?

As for the hacking, I think it works out ok... if you put points in sabotage anyway :x

I find that the AI is not the brightest it's more of moments where the AI just goes crazy and does weird thing while for the most part it manages to whoop your ass. At least they sure bring down hell when they spot my stealthy pacifist Mike...

I just plain dont understand how hacking works.

Maybe im stupid as hell but I cant get past the hacking tutorial...

Yeah it took me a while too. You have to look for the ones that aren't moving and then line them up with the ones on top.

Does that make sense?

Yea I understand how it is supposed to work now but I cant for the life of me gain control over the block of characters controlled by the mouse. Even if I know right from the start where to place it I dont think I would be able to navigate there in time. The mouse controls for this minigame are just horrendous.

I think im going to just not play until this is fixed.

Yea I understand how it is supposed to work now but I cant for the life of me gain control over the block of characters controlled by the mouse. Even if I know right from the start where to place it I dont think I would be able to navigate there in time. The mouse controls for this minigame are just horrendous.

I think im going to just not play until this is fixed.

Some people have no problem doing it, so I'd hardly call it "broken."

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

hm, once I got used to using space for the one and left-click for the other, I never really had much of an issue with the hacking game...

It's that whole technique of pulling your gaze back and rather then reading the numbers/words just looking for the non-flicker areas...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

hm, once I got used to using space for the one and left-click for the other, I never really had much of an issue with the hacking game...

It's that whole technique of pulling your gaze back and rather then reading the numbers/words just looking for the non-flicker areas...

My problem isnt finding the areas, its moving the right sequence (the mouse one) to the correct location before it switches. I litterally cannot control where it moves.

The mouse controlled side does tend to "float" a little, but I think I've adjusted to it, and it mostly works. Heh, I actually tend to get the mouse side locked in before the keyboard...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm partially sighted in my right eye, which causes some blurriness of vision. Usually, I don't find this interferes with gaming in the slightest, but I find the hacking minigame irritating, confusing and just downright aggravating.

It's an incredibly bad piece of game design, and as it seems you need to solve the "tutorial" to progress, I've ended up quitting the game due to not being able to complete this horrible minigame.

I'm incredibly disappointed, and utterly astounded that such an awful gameplay concept made it through QA and got into the final game.

Yes, that hacking is horrible, in the Xbox version, moving the LS and RS. is slooooow, so when you find it the bloody password, after 6 seconds, the other 6 seconds are wasted moving and placing the password... I changed the sensitivity and it helped a little, but still it is slow.

Yes, that hacking is horrible, in the Xbox version, moving the LS and RS. is slooooow, so when you find it the bloody password, after 6 seconds, the other 6 seconds are wasted moving and placing the password... I changed the sensitivity and it helped a little, but still it is slow.

At least you are able to reliably move your sequences. I still have not made it past the tutorial because the sequence controlled by my mouse does not want to go where I tell it to.

OK, I'm halfway through the game and hacking is very very easy. Basically:

On the PC, you can move both hack-codes simultaneously - one with keyboard, one with mouse. This speeds you up.

All you have to do is look for stationary letters in the jumble. I mean, if that very exercise is difficult, yes, this is going to be hell - some people do well with it, some people don't.

Putting in a few points in sabotage does make a big difference, especially if you can afford to fail once or let the rejumbler go once.

I have trouble moving both lines at the same time since I find the mousing kinda wonky. But what I typically do is just look for static numbers first and then look to see what piece of code it matches, then move the pieces of code individually. The second or third level in Sabotage also makes it easier so that might be worth investing in if you're having trouble.

After learning how to do it, I've had very little problems with. It's definitely the minigame that requires the most attention though, which can be tiring on the eyes. I'm not a fan of this minigame at all personally but it's not too hard once you learn it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm alt-tabbing in and out of AP, I just tried a hacking and did it in five seconds... really, the vicious thing about it is that it's actually quite an easy minigame; the difficulty comes in how slowly your phrases move, and if you just don't have the eyes for it (which many people don't).