Mod Support?

Well the Title and Description just about covers it. Since a search could not even turn up the word mod here, I assume I am the first to ask. ;-)

Cheers,

4Aces

Edited by 4Aces

Considering it's the Unreal Engine we're talking about, I'd assume it'll be much harder to mod than other titles like Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights 2 or Fallout 3.

Still, I've never watched the Mass Effect modding scene, so I don't know how extensive the modding can be, but it should be possible to at least do some texture replacement stuff.

P.S. : Are you the same 4aces that did a couple of high-res textures for Fallout 3?

Yes, I am that 4Aces. :o

As for modding ME it is possible since there are extraction tools for the Unreal archives, though I have talked with the author of those tools and we will have to wait to see if he is going to support AP as tweaking for each game is required. I tried them with a few AP files that friends sent me and had very little success (1 out of 10 tests). BTW you can also apparently edit meshes in Unreal Engine based games with other tools by the same programmer (Gildor).

I only want to modify the textures for AP anyway as I am trying a new revision to my sharpening process that I make for F3. I was hoping to perfect it with AP and then use it with FNV since that will be the last game I mod before I enter the gaming industry. I also want to experiment with a few new ideas for bump maps, but they can be tricky since each engine handles them differently.

I was hoping that Monolith had already confirmed support and that I just could not find it. I loved the NWN2 Toolset, and was hoping that we would get a good set with this and FNV too. What I just read sounds like we are stuck with a modified GECK for the latter, so I hope it is heavily modified.

Cheers!