Hitman Sequel..

Raithe

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6263818.html

Well it looks like filmwise there's going to be a sequel... To be honest I thought the first one made a fairly decent film. It wasn't anything hugely brilliant, but it has to rate up there as one of the best video game to film adaptions..

It'll be curious to see if Timothy Olyphant does return with it as well...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It made back a little over triple the budget.. and that usually satisfies the producers..

Dougray Scott was quite decent as the Interpol agent. I thought they worked quite well together..

That and the whole bathtub sequence with Robert Knepper... the rubber duckie.. They did manage to put in quite a few iconic images from the games in the movie without making it look too forced.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Mortal Kombat will always remain the best video game movie.

The recent Prince of Persia movie wasn't half-bad, but had absolutely nothing to do with the game. Same goes for that Dungeon Siege vehicle.

Rule of thumb for video game adaptations: if you can't fit in Jason Statham as protagonist, don't even bother making it.

Olyphant

11565j.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Mortal Kombat might be the best video game movie, but Street Fighter will always have the finest bit of script writing in cinematic history:

"You've lost your mind."

"No! You've lost your balls..."

Rivals Shakespeare.

Edited by Moose

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I saw the Doom movie, very drunk, eating pizza.

It was great, although I think the triangulation of alcohol, fast food and late night sci-fi movie is significant. Plus Rosamund Pike is very pretty and The Rock is a likeable enough action hero.

sonsofgygax.JPG

^I had a similar experience with the Dungeon siege flick.

I had a similar experience with the Dungeon siege flick. The action scenes are entertaining enough & Jason Statham kicks enough ass through it. And there's Claire Forlani.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So I should go see Prince of Persia drunk and/or stoned.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif