Maybe the delay was a good move after all

I thought delaying the game was a pretty questionable move -- I thought it would be good for AP to come out before Conviction and Mass Effect 2 if it was already done. But I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by how much advertising Sega has been doing for the game. I think they have a done a really good job over the last two months. It seems like 3-4 months ago hardly anyone knew about AP, but now, with all of the videos they released and even some full-skinned AP gaming websites I saw, I think the game is probably in a lot better potential shape now, when it comes to sales.

What do you guys think ? I've been reading a lot more positive comments at different gaming websites..it seems all the advertising has won over a lot more potential customers for the game... like for instance on Game Trailers. If you look at the trailer comments six months ago, the vast majority of comments are usually like of the 'wtf is this duhhh' or 'lookz stoopid' type, and now, the majority are more along the lines of 'can't wait' 'looks great' and 'nice1' etc. Just watching what has happened I have a weird new respect for the powers of advertising campaigns :lol:

Edited by kreese12

I don't know, it is still in a bad spot. Red Dead, Alan Wake, and PoP all came out on the 18th. A May 1st release date would have been better overall. Now, I feel that a lot more people will either rent or buy used. However, I do agree that Sega is doing a good bit of promo.

Perhaps.

The thing is, people pay attention to the types of things that interest them. To me, Red Dead Rising is not a game that I feel competes with Alpha Protocol.

The Splinter Cell and Mass Effect 2 concerns are a bit more valid IMO.

Perhaps.

The thing is, people pay attention to the types of things that interest them. To me, Red Dead Rising is not a game that I feel competes with Alpha Protocol.

The Splinter Cell and Mass Effect 2 concerns are a bit more valid IMO.

That is true. However, if the consumer has a choice of four decent/very good products(in theory) and the cash to only buy one.....

Edit: I would assume that most people on this forum would drop the cash for AP bendu. :lol:

Edited by qaz123

That is true. However, if the consumer has a choice of four decent/very good products(in theory) and the cash to only buy one.....

All things being equal, it's about as good as random chance then.

I don't watch television so maybe TV is being bombarded with RDR or Alan Wake content.

It's unusual to get a game release that has absolutely nothing around it. And I'd rather AP go up against RDR than Modern Warfare 2.

All things being equal, it's about as good as random chance then.

I don't watch television so maybe TV is being bombarded with RDR or Alan Wake content.

It's unusual to get a game release that has absolutely nothing around it. And I'd rather AP go up against RDR than Modern Warfare 2.

:)

All I was saying is that it would be better if AP came out when very few notable releases are coming out.