For the Australians in the audience...

whats the opening tutorial like is it somthing you are happy to play through again and again or will we get bored on multiple playthroughs? just asking because you almost never have the option to skip these boring parts on the 20th playthrough!!!

You can skip it and go straight into your first mission but I don't recommend because *very minor spoilers*

If you get a good score on the tutorial missions it will unlock some special missions within the grey box area.

I found that I wanted to better my score so I played through them a couple of times to make sure I had everything down.

Edited by Chronotope

Been playing for about 3 hours, loving it so far :ermm: Got myself the stereotypical steathly dude. Stealth, pistols, bit of sabotage and a shotgun for when things go wrong. Takes patience and planning to play this way, and can be frustrating in the beginning, but as you level up it gets better and better.

The graphics don't seem that bad on the 360 version. Repeated models and such, meh. Killed plenty of collectors in ME2 that looked exactly the same. The AI, while not awesome, is reasonabe. Haven't seen it do anything really retarded yet. Although they probably should have paid more attention to me and less time shooting at a helicopter at one point :lol: Main complaint that the markers which show you where you can climb and jump and such are a pale yellow, which makes them hard to notice sometimes in the very yellow Saudi Arabia levels :)

Story wise, haven't got far, 2nd mission after the tutorial. But I got myself a rather sweet bonus mission by being really sneaky in the beginning, that was cool to get :) Darcy likes me, Mina is rather annoyed with me and I'm having a grand time knifing people in the spine.

Back to AP for now!

Edited by Baeus

It almost feels strange, but now that Alpha Protocol is coming out, I just have one game to speculate unless Obsidian announces another project or Bioware or Bethesda or another wrpg dev comes up with a supersweet concept.

That's of course, just going by RPGs, but I'm not honestly seeing other genres I like in a much better position.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8812/dsc00071cf.jpg

Hello from Greece. About to fire it up now! As you can see it's for the PC and, surprise surprise, it's 2 Discs! Wonder what the second one is for ... The manual smells of fre$h the moment I flipped the first page lol! It's like the whole rooms smells like ambi-pur or whatchamacallit. My birthday was round about a fortnight ago, so happy belated birthday to me! :lol: Thanks Obs, you're the best! :ermm:

The rest o' y'all Americans can hate me :)

Edit: The picture is kinda large, so I'm just gonna have to link you guys to it.

Edited by SirPetrakus

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8812/dsc00071cf.jpg

Hello from Greece. About to fire it up now! As you can see it's for the PC and, surprise surprise, it's 2 Discs! Wonder what the second one is for ... The manual smells of fre$h the moment I flipped the first page lol! It's like the whole rooms smells like ambi-pur or whatchamacallit. My birthday was round about a fortnight ago, so happy belated birthday to me! :sorcerer: Thanks Obs, you're the best! :p

The rest o' y'all Americans can hate me :lol:

Edit: The picture is kinda large, so I'm just gonna have to link you guys to it.

Could be a second disc for localizations as it was in Mass Effect PC.

Rest assured guys, the story and writing are typical obsidian-which is to say fantastic. Just got up to my first city and have enjoyed every minute of it. My only real gripe is that Mike doesn't control quite as smooth as i think he should.

The control system feels a bit jerky at times and this being an action rpg something i think they should have spent a little bit more time on. Oh and the ability to not be able to step over a wall about a foot off the ground which you leaves you having go around to take out the guy on the other side is very annoying.

Still these are quite minor problems and this is a game i am thoroughly enjoying. If you have followed the game you will not be disappointed.

Could be a second disc for localizations as it was in Mass Effect PC.

Yeah, used it for the installation. It's taking pretty long to install, jeez! Anyway, Disc two is just 2.8GB. Was hoping for extras =(

Ah, who cares! I'm about to start it up now! Weeeee!

Oh and the ability to not be able to step over a wall about a foot off the ground which you leaves you having go around to take out the guy on the other side is very annoying.

Still these are quite minor problems and this is a game i am thoroughly enjoying. If you have followed the game you will not be disappointed.

I hate that in game design. Bioware does that as well (I hope not in the SWTOR MMO). :p

Oh and the ability to not be able to step over a wall about a foot off the ground which you leaves you having go around to take out the guy on the other side is very annoying.

I hate that in game design. Bioware does that as well (I hope not in the SWTOR MMO). :(

Yeah, it just stands out as glaringly obvious in an action oriented title.

I would assume it wont happen in TOR as they seem to be following the WOW formula very closely, and the bounty hunter actually has moves where he uses his jet pack so they have a vertical axis.

As an American, my jealousy rating is currently 9000+.0001 which is of course OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!

Glad to see so many people enjoying the game. You guys are making my day. :(

I must admit I saw the video funcroc posted (it's pretty much the beginning video + tutorial beginning) and since you're the cinematic director... GOOD JOB.

The game may not be technically as good as some other, but the beginning cinematic felt spot on in setting the tone.

That first scene was all Shon Stewart, lead cinematic animator for AP. Once again, glad you're enjoying the game, and I look forward to reading more of what you guys think as you get through the game.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

That first scene was all Shon Stewart, lead cinematic animator for AP. Once again, glad you're enjoying the game, and I look forward to reading more of what you guys think as you get through the game.

I wish I was enjoying the game (though I guess the 'you' meant you as 'Obsidian forumers' not me), unfortunately I just watched a video for now =/

At least Play.com is packing my pre-order. :(

Ah also say good job to Shon Stewart on my behalf.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver