For the Australians in the audience...

EB has broken the street date on the 360 and PS3 versions in Australia, is selling them now. Don't have the PC version in stock yet. Got my copy sitting beside me at work. 5pm can't roll around fast enough ;)

Well... the manual looks nice. ;)

I picked it up on the way into work, and I'm still stuck here for 7 more hours before I can get home and load it up. Gah!

Maybe I can pretend I'm sick...

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I got the game (360) and I'm really enjoying it. I really think that if you have been looking forward to it (as I have) then you won't be dissapointed. I've enjoyed the way the missions are strcutured in a way that I can approach from a number of angles.

I've also enjoyed the dialogue system, but then, we always knew that would be a strong point.

Perhaps my biggest concern going in was how the frame rate would hold up and I am happy to say that I have had no major issues so far. The game runs smoothly making the sneaky hand to hand playstyle I've chosen to be compelling.

My only issue has been the hacking. Lock picking and Alam cutting I am fine with but hacking...damn. Lets just say that I had to put a few skill points to the appropriate skill last night just to make this process a little easier or to give me the ability to use emp's on them.

Any questions let me know. I'm only in the first area after you leave the Gray Box and I don't really want to spoil them game for anyone. I love the way the games story is structured though.

Just a friendly reminder to the early birds to use spoiler tags for spoilerish stuff... ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah no problem. Like I said, I don't really have any intention of spoiling the game for anyone.

Just wanted to note that I couldn't take the smile off my face as I went through an entire mission without alerting any guards to my presence. Can't wait to meet more of the characters that we've seen in the trailers.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I got the game (360) and I'm really enjoying it. I really think that if you have been looking forward to it (as I have) then you won't be dissapointed. I've enjoyed the way the missions are strcutured in a way that I can approach from a number of angles.

I've also enjoyed the dialogue system, but then, we always knew that would be a strong point.

Perhaps my biggest concern going in was how the frame rate would hold up and I am happy to say that I have had no major issues so far. The game runs smoothly making the sneaky hand to hand playstyle I've chosen to be compelling.

My only issue has been the hacking. Lock picking and Alam cutting I am fine with but hacking...damn. Lets just say that I had to put a few skill points to the appropriate skill last night just to make this process a little easier or to give me the ability to use emp's on them.

Any questions let me know. I'm only in the first area after you leave the Gray Box and I don't really want to spoil them game for anyone. I love the way the games story is structured though.

Just wondering, but is the gameplay smooth or is it kind of rough around the edges?

I've been following the game for a while and the concept seems interesting, but in some gameplay videos, the combat seems kind of unnatural.

BTW if this has anything to do with gameplay style I currently plan to go through the game in a stealthier manner.

Edited by juncaj8

Hi guys,

Just wondering, but is the gameplay smooth or is it kind of rough around the edges?

I've been following the game for a while and the concept seems interesting, but in some gameplay videos, the combat seems kind of unnatural.

It feels smooth to me. There have been some minor issues where guards have and haven't been able to shoot me behind cover. I like the way the hand to hand stuff works and it has gotten me out of a lot of bad situations. It depends on where you put your skill points. I went for a hand to hand pistols guy but have had to go to the assult rifle a few times when things get hectic.

Overall I'd put the combat somewhere between Mass Effect 1 and 2. It's a lot more polised than ME1 but isn't quite up to the smoothness of ME2. But then, there are skill that have an effect on your shooting here.

Hi guys,

It feels smooth to me. There have been some minor issues where guards have and haven't been able to shoot me behind cover. I like the way the hand to hand stuff works and it has gotten me out of a lot of bad situations. It depends on where you put your skill points. I went for a hand to hand pistols guy but have had to go to the assult rifle a few times when things get hectic.

Overall I'd put the combat somewhere between Mass Effect 1 and 2. It's a lot more polised than ME1 but isn't quite up to the smoothness of ME2. But then, there are skill that have an effect on your shooting here.

Do you have to carry two weapons around at all time, even if you're only going to specialize in one?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Do you have to carry two weapons around at all time, even if you're only going to specialize in one?
I guess, I haven't really expermented with this. I've mainly focused my skill points on pistols but have kept the assult rifle handy.

I would recommend carrying two though because the pistol hasn't really helped me out when everything goes balls up (eg. I fail at hacking a computer and the alarm goes off).

why gamers want to find comparison with ME ? AP is not a science fiction game. Why not compare it better with Conviction .

Edited by Alpha

Well I just checked the local ebgames, predictably, New Vegas is on preorder shelves but Alpha Protocol is nowhere to be seen. Still 28th release.... and I can't even preorder because I won't be picking it up from that particular shop. O_o

why gamers want to find comparison with ME ? AP is not a science fiction game. Why not compare it better with Conviction .

From a gameplay standpoint, I am guessing it has more in common with Mass Effect than Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Edited by Thorton_AP

whats the opening tutorial like is it somthing you are happy to play through again and again or will we get bored on multiple playthroughs? just asking because you almost never have the option to skip these boring parts on the 20th playthrough!!!