Recruit or a background?

IMO start with a "normal" background so the goofy stuff doesn't mess up the atmosphere the first time.

Zkylon: Freelancer. :)

That's it! I'm probably gonna pick Freelancer all three times unless the other backgrounds have some influence ala Mass Effect. If not, i just feel better allocating points myself.

All backgrounds get reactivity. Much of it limited to the tutorial level, but there are checks waaaaaay down the line that can occur based on your background.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

All backgrounds get reactivity. Much of it limited to the tutorial level, but there are checks waaaaaay down the line that can occur based on your background.

Oh, that's good news. Might go for Field Agent and Assault (was it? damn i have lots of trouble remembering these classes) then.

I think i will start as recruit for my first playthrough, i like to go from zero to badass. Hopefully i wont miss anything if i play as recruit first. Is there said goofy stuff in the recruit class, too?

Edited by xenios

Recruit with hard difficulty sound good. Stealth, MA, one weapon, tech skills. Going to select newbie dialogue choices when available.

Oh yeah, hard difficulty all the way. Even if the AI's not the brightest, if it's unforgiving, it's a challenge :D

Recruit with hard difficulty sound good. Stealth, MA, one weapon, tech skills. Going to select newbie dialogue choices when available.

Oh yeah, hard difficulty all the way. Even if the AI's not the brightest, if it's unforgiving, it's a challenge :D

the best is that you need unlock hard difficulty , not like other games that let gamers begin with it. Well done Obsidian.

Edited by Alpha

the best is that you need unlock hard difficulty , not like other games that let gamers begin with it. Well done Obsidian.

Oh, i don't know about that. I mean, i love unlocking stuff but normal difficulty is pretty easy these days. And i refuse to believe i've gotten better at videogames :lol:

Best case scenario is always playing in hard to unlock hardcore or something like that. Good thing about what you're telling me is that my recruit playthrough will be done on hard difficulty.

Nope, you have to unlock the "easy" difficulty.