What are you playing now

Gorth

played one game of League of Legends last night

it's DotA effectively, but it's just a matter of getting a feel for the new characters/items

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

What about Heroes of Newerth or Demigod?

haven't tried either of them

LoL has some interesting features

you pick 2 spells to take with you into battle, completely independent from whichever hero you pick

there's a "runebook" that you can fill with runes to give small passive bonuses

and not all the characters are unlocked right from the start - so it encourages you to try different characters, rather than only sticking to one

i'm going to play a few more games before i make a definite judgement, but so far it seems okay

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

What about Heroes of Newerth or Demigod?

Heroes of Newerth - Exact copy of DotA. I didn't really like it, the graphics looked good but everything was so gritty and the interface so clunky (everyone has the same color healthbar and different "glow" colors which doesn't help when playing) that it just wasn't as fun.

Demigod is barely like DotA, less heroes and a very different pace. Haven't played it myself.

League of Legends starts off a bit like DotA, but the pace is very different and it's got a lot of cool little features, a whole system of runes/summoner spells/masteries and it's completely free .

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Nunu is amazing on Twisted Treeline. Less heroes means less silence/disables/stuns which means your ultimate will hardly ever miss.

As for the art style, it's supposed to be exaggerated. I mean, when you've got a guy like this in your game, you're pretty much making fun of WoW. But hey, it's colourful, good looking and the characters have personality.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Thread getting a bit long. More gamers experiences here

:thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein