What are you playing now

Gorth

Playing around a bit on Saints Row 2 - it's a touch more flippant then GTAIV... which I think makes it more appealing. What's kind of interesting is that in the midst of the humerously absurd, there'll be some standout moment of emotion. And to contrast that a few moments of totally nasty behaviour, whether on the part of a "bad guy" or the part of your character that will induce a total lack of sympathy...

Going from the absurd of stealing waste from the Nuclear Power plant to mix in the tattoo ink a rival gang leader uses... to the attempted rescue of one of your "guys" who was being dragged on a chain from the back of a truck (which actually makes the bonds of connection between characters seem greater then any moment before that)... To the kidnapping of the manipulative gf of that rival gang boss and stowing her in the trunk of her car at the end of the monster truck jump her bf is doing.. (yes, making the bf realise just after that he crushed that car under his truck to the crowds applause..).

It kind of bounces between the usual open-sandbox diversions, some amusing background notes and the occasional "yeesh, that's a sick bastard" reaction to scripted plot points..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm working through Medieval 2: Total War right now. Just have a patched vanilla game. Running as England. I'm being really slow. It's getting close to 1300 and I just finished off the French. Apparently maintaining a siege is considered a hostile act by the Pope so I've been excommunicated for my trouble. Only city that is really worried about it is Dijon which is sitting at 50% loyalty. Obviously I should have massacred the bastards instead of looting them a few years back. That would teach the ungrateful bastards.

I also have the Scottish that are about to be wiped out on this turn as well. They were given a reprieve when the French attacked my colonies on the mainland. The Spanish declared war on me a couple turns ago and the Danish are a huge pain in my ass with all their crappy fleets blockading my ports so one of them is going to have to die next. Also my army apparently outclasses the mongol hordes according to the faction rankings.

I'm working through Medieval 2: Total War right now. Just have a patched vanilla game. Running as England. I'm being really slow. It's getting close to 1300 and I just finished off the French. Apparently maintaining a siege is considered a hostile act by the Pope so I've been excommunicated for my trouble. Only city that is really worried about it is Dijon which is sitting at 50% loyalty. Obviously I should have massacred the bastards instead of looting them a few years back. That would teach the ungrateful bastards.

I also have the Scottish that are about to be wiped out on this turn as well. They were given a reprieve when the French attacked my colonies on the mainland. The Spanish declared war on me a couple turns ago and the Danish are a huge pain in my ass with all their crappy fleets blockading my ports so one of them is going to have to die next. Also my army apparently outclasses the mongol hordes according to the faction rankings.

What? No mentions of our awesome L4D2 games where I kill people with tanks and completely miss an entire team while steaming across a downed player with a charger?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What? No mentions of our awesome L4D2 games where I kill people with tanks and completely miss an entire team while steaming across a downed player with a charger?

Nope. I had 80% of that post typed up before the game actually. Had to alt tab back in when I heard you guys starting. Besides, Bruenar beat me on points way too often. The stupid random team selector needs to go back to putting us on opposite teams so I can continually kill him again.

Hey, at least now it's randomly putting me on your team for once given that I'm the one who dragged you into that group.

Finished Normality, made me really miss gaming back in 95-98 and Gremlin. Right now, searching for a game to play, tempted to finally get back to finishing King's Bounty.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hey, at least now it's randomly putting me on your team for once given that I'm the one who dragged you into that group.

There was nothing random about it. You were press ganged into joining after someone on my team left. :shifty:

There was nothing random about it. You were press ganged into joining after someone on my team left. :)

Only last night, there have been more times in the past month that we've been teamed together than in the previous 3...

There was nothing random about it. You were press ganged into joining after someone on my team left. :o

Only last night, there have been more times in the past month that we've been teamed together than in the previous 3...

I'll give you that, but only because I can't remember beyond the last session except for the big moments. Like the double takedown at the sewer in the third level of Parish. :)

There was nothing random about it. You were press ganged into joining after someone on my team left. :o

I'll give you that, but only because I can't remember beyond the last session except for the big moments. Like the double takedown at the sewer in the third level of Parish. :)

You mean when I charged somebody to right where Brue had somebody else in his smoker? Still, Tank pwns Boomer was the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

There was nothing random about it. You were press ganged into joining after someone on my team left. :p

I'll give you that, but only because I can't remember beyond the last session except for the big moments. Like the double takedown at the sewer in the third level of Parish. :lol:

You mean when I charged somebody to right where Brue had somebody else in his smoker? Still, Tank pwns Boomer was the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

No, I mean when Bruenar was caught by a smoker and I was hit by a jockey just as the other two team members jumped down into the tunnel. Tank pwns Boomer was just amazing timing.

i just finished Mirrors Edge last night. It was well worth the $5 I spent on it, I would go so far as to say it would have been worth $10. Excellent music, an ok story, and very cool, but occasionally flawed gameplay.

Though it is a short short game

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Fallout 1, 2 + Restoration Project, Tactics and indeed 3 + DLC.

I'm sick in the head.

Planning on doing that myself in excited prep for New Vegas. I'm going to go one step further and play them in chronological order, including Brotherhood of Steel. :(

I'm going to force myself to finally finish Tactics. I've tried the game about 3-4 times now and I just get tired of it and quit eventually. Its not a bad game... F1 & 2 would be so much better with the Tactics combat improvements... I just dislike how little dialogue and roleplaying are in the game.

Playing AP.

Hey everyone who played the PC version, are random slowdowns a normal thing w/ this game? Because it's happening an awful lot to me, especially when turning MT/the camera.

Edited by Syraxis

Hey everyone who played the PC version, are random slowdowns a normal thing w/ this game?

Some people get them and others don't (or just don't realize they're getting them). :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Just finished Tales of Monkey Island. Good puzzles, some great laugh-out-loud moments, and WAY too many references to the previous games. I mean, it's always been the thing with MI games, but this time they took it just a leeetle bit too far; respect to the original developers and all that, I guess... :p

Overall, highly recommended to any MI fan (that enjoyed the 3rd and 4th games).

Now, I'm thinking of going back to Fallout 3 and finally playing the DLCs.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

got given a copy of the witcher

no over all complaints so far. the combat was a bit confusing at first, but now i'm getting more of a feel for it. oh, and the cards are quite amusing :(

also finally got round to getting the expansions to NWN2

now i just gotta think of a cool build to play round with

the yuan-ti look pretty OP... :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Today I bought the Monkey Island Special Edition because everyone is saying that it's a pinnacle of adventure games, so why the hell not. Played a bit and it's quite funny so far. The new HD graphics are a reliever.

You should have pre-ordered Monkey Island 2 when you could, you could have got both games at the price of one.