What are you playing now

Gorth

APB.... Oh dear it feels unfinished. It's a modders paradise if you ask me though... Not that I mod.

Isn't that the UE3 powered online shooter? What makes it a modders paradise?

Lots of tools for content creation as part of the game.

Oh? That's surprising, I only remember it because of the customization trailers.

Did you already manage to experience the awesomeness of ads embedded in the VoIP system? :thumbsup:

Noooo....?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Did you already manage to experience the awesomeness of ads embedded in the VoIP system? :thumbsup:

Noooo....?

Once every 3 hours there will be a small add for the VoIP service provider unless you pay an extra 1$ (for 30 days). The ads will only play upon entering a new instance so as not to interrupt the combat. Essentially it makes the monthly cost 11$ instead of 10$ if one absolutely can't stand the ads. The in-game VoIP service can be opted out of as well allowing the user to use another program in its place.

Sooo.. it's really not that bad.

Edited by LostStraw

Diablo 2 playing Nightmare mode. In chapter 3 in the jungles. I really hate those skeletal pygmies. They hit hard and fast and usually knock my hit points down by half with just one hit.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Having played APB for a while longer, the game isn't great, but if you're into modding/customisation it may be your cup of tea. Just don't expect the core game to be... FUN! It's extremely repetative, dull, clunky, and unfinished.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Giving Space Empires V a whirl... Pretty much the standard, enjoyable space colonise, research, explore, and design ships..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Because he is a big fan of the film noir genre.

Tip : film noir isn't as nearly over the top. :p

But I somehow like it. It's so overdone that it goes straight from bad to good again.

This is not uncommon. Noir-parody has become so prevalent as to basically be a genre unto itself.

Then there's always the point where it reaches a "Am I someone on drugs who thinks they're a character in a computer game.. or am I just a character in a computer game who thinks they're on drugs" sequence... :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm dividing my time right now between Red Dead Redemption, Transformers: War for Cybertron, and Europa Universalis III

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, he is a really big fan :down:

Just wait until the sequel, it gets even more darker and edgier.

Also:

20010730h.gif

Imagine all the suckers that actually played through the game four times just to get the 'real'/'good' ending.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished GTA The Lost And Damned, played a bit of The Ballad of Gay Tony, now moving on to Tales of Monkey Island.

Talk about mood change. I'm starting to question my sanity...

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Got Torchlight, Beat Hazard and Audiosurf. Audiosurf honestly sucks in terms of analyzing music, and BH doesn't really do much other than more sound = more bullets from your ship, but at least they're good time wasters. Torchlight on the other hand is pretty fun, even if sometimes it looks like a complete knock-off of Diablo 3.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finished Max Payne. I don't regret the money I've spent on it.

NOT. ONE. BIT.

And now... Max Payne 2, I'm coming! :blink:

How long did it take you to figure out what to do in the final boss battle? I remember being stumped there for a while :)

The important thing to remember with Max Payne 2 is that the whole story is told as a flashback. Might help you make a bit more sense out of it.

How long did it take you to figure out what to do in the final boss battle? I remember being stumped there for a while :blink:

Not much honestly, though I already had seen a couple of screenshots of the battle, so it wasn't that difficult to deduce.

The important thing to remember with Max Payne 2 is that the whole story is told as a flashback. Might help you make a bit more sense out of it.

Isn't that the same as Max Payne? With that 'Bullet exclamation point, noir talk, herp derp' stuff at the beginning and the end?

Oh right, I didn't actually remember that.

Anyway, good luck with the second one, it's really awesome.

IT IS.

I've only played the first three chapters, but they improved about EVERYTHING.

The gameplay is already more varied, tactical and fun than Max Payne could ever hope to be.

The graphics, and sound are really nice even today (while I had to use a patch to even HEAR sound in Max Payne :blink: ).

Writing and attention to detail seem to be improved too : When you're in a situation like me you can only think in metaphors. :)