What are you playing now

Gorth

I don't consider myself a graphic 'ho, but I'm discovering that really old games, the very pixelated 320 type resolution graphics are finally beginning to impede my enjoyment for most of those. I think part of it is having the 23" widescreen monitor tho, where it's either this super super super tiny window or stretched out to truly horrendous proportions. Should've kept one of the old small CRT's for such. heh

That's what my 11' laptop is for. I've been playing Might & Magic 4-5 on it.

What passed for sound on those older games is a bigger barrier to me. Of course, you can almost always turn that off and miss very little.

I don't consider myself a graphic 'ho, but I'm discovering that really old games, the very pixelated 320 type resolution graphics are finally beginning to impede my enjoyment for most of those. I think part of it is having the 23" widescreen monitor tho, where it's either this super super super tiny window or stretched out to truly horrendous proportions. Should've kept one of the old small CRT's for such. heh

I guess this is the single reason why I couldn't finish (even the first quest) my most recent re-play of Diablo 2. I had an awesome time with it back in the day, on a 14" monitor of course, and I was itching for some Diablo, waiting for the 3rd game and all...

I tried a resolution mod or something, but still...

(Torchlight is a good enough substitute while waiting for D3; Borderlands too, if you like FPS RPGs. Both have a cartoony style and lack the serious tone of Diablo, though.)

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame

Bought it from the STEAM sale, it's pretty much like Total War but with fantasy theme, which is exactly what I've wanted since I saw Total War (I don't like the roman theme).

Finished my commando Alpha Protocol playthrough.

The

Darcy

boss fight was brutal, really.

I've begun a suave veteran playthrough, but since I feel a little burned out on the game, I guess I'll fall back to the games I've bought on Steam lately.

As long as you can get to the sniper, you should have an easier time.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finished my commando Alpha Protocol playthrough.

The

Darcy

boss fight was brutal, really.

I've begun a suave veteran playthrough, but since I feel a little burned out on the game, I guess I'll fall back to the games I've bought on Steam lately.

As long as you can get to the sniper, you should have an easier time.

Actually I found it easier without using the sniper at all, just taking cover in the tower and using the assault rifle.

Using the sniper rifle always meant that I couldn't leave it quickly enough to take cover.

All I have to say... Screw the goddamn spiders in System Shock 2, screw them to hell. I have no idea why, but even after encountering spiders in a million computer games since, the ones in System Shock 2 just creep me the hell out. The way you sometimes just see their dark silhouette in the dark... Yeaaarghh.

Playing Alpha Protocol by the side also, will take a break from it after this playthrough (I really will this time damnit).

Fun to play two "hybrid" games next to each other. I think SS2 is better (but it's also very very high on my all-time fav list) but I really like both of them.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Sid Meier's Pirates off of Steam... Does provide a little of that "Avast Mateys!" atmosphere... :(

"When I venture forth to seek my prey,

I crush my foes in a royal way.

The ladies yield and the ships go down,

Or is it the other way around?"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sid Meier's Pirates off of Steam... Does provide a little of that "Avast Mateys!" atmosphere... :)

If they had just left out that stupid dancing minigame! :(

The fencing was bad enough in the c64 version... why add more trash minigames to an otherwise good title? :wacko:

Love the little sea shanties when departing and the "international" language when talking. Overall a good, fun little game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i thought max payne was awesome back in the day, i bought it on the day it was released and played it about 6 times over the next couple months.

i tried the xbox version for part 2, major mistake, the controls are abysmal on console

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i thought max payne was awesome back in the day, i bought it on the day it was released and played it about 6 times over the next couple months.

i tried the xbox version for part 2, major mistake, the controls are abysmal on console

I'm quite liking it, mind you, and yeah, it's probably the fact that it hasn't aged perfectly, but I don't feel like it's a masterpiece, that's all.

It's still VERY VERY enjoyable.

Still playing Assassins Creed 2, ****ing <3 it. Tis holding me over until the line of PSP games that are relevant to my interests begin their steady trickle into the marketplace.

Edited by Syraxis

I've started my first serious run at Mysteries of Westgate and I'm really enjoying it so far, hats off to Ossian. I like how skill checks come up in almost every conversation (and aren't just limited to things like bluff, diplomacy and taunt) and that sometimes they will throw in red herring options to keep you on your toes.

Edited by Serrano

Still Titan Quest.

I also finally got around to downloading the newest Fraps to run on Win7 (my purchase/membership from 4 years ago still allowed me to download it free, that was a happy surprise) so I'm having idle fun w/that on the i7 pc. It's nice to be able to record stuff w/out the game lagging into a slide show.

That's what my 11' laptop is for. I've been playing Might & Magic 4-5 on it.

What passed for sound on those older games is a bigger barrier to me. Of course, you can almost always turn that off and miss very little.

Yeah, we have an oldish 14 or 15 inch laptop. I could run them on that, but I don't like laptop keyboards...

As to music...at least most older RPG music wasn't like NES type music. I do not miss things like Sonic Hedgehog's "drowning" music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TOkKttTkpo ...altho it was a good way to stress out the player. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

APB.... Oh dear it feels unfinished. It's a modders paradise if you ask me though... Not that I mod.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Holy Moly, Space Rangers 2 is insanely addictive. I was playing it all day in between diaper changes and burpings.

haha true, I do have it installed (Reboot version). But nowadays I'm spending more time on ur-quan masters. Fantastic game.

APB.... Oh dear it feels unfinished. It's a modders paradise if you ask me though... Not that I mod.

Isn't that the UE3 powered online shooter? What makes it a modders paradise?

Isn't that the UE3 powered online shooter? What makes it a modders paradise?

Lots of tools for content creation as part of the game.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!