What are you playing now

Gorth

bioshock 2... its pretty good. not great, not terrible.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The Dig, forgot how much I enjoyed this game. Puzzles are brutal though (damn that reactor repair puzzle)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Me2 seemed good at first but after the first two playthroughs i just couldn't go through it any more.
I'm reading this and thinking it's either a very weird attempt at sarcasm or your standards for good game are way too high. Two playthroughs and that doesn't make it good game ?

I'm happy if I can make through some mediocre games even once, Alpha Protocol lasted about 5 minutes.

On Topic:

Playing World of Warcraft: CATACLYSM (friends&family alpha baby!) at the moment, some Need for Speed: SHIFT, Settlers 7 occasionally and Dragon Age: The Awakening second time through.

How To Tell Someone Didn't Pay For Their Game: Lesson #237

Alpha Protocol lasted about 5 minutes.

"Hey I bought this game for 40

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

finally got round to finishing Dragon Age

pretty good overall

playing as a dps rogue was pretty fun

started up a new game to try out a mage (and to unlock bloodmage) as i thought playing as a tank might be rather dull

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Playing World of Warcraft: CATACLYSM (friends&family alpha baby!) at the moment...

Do you play a mage? How does the "more mana = more spellpower" feel?

I play Death Knight, so don't know much about mages. Flying around in the old continent feels great though, I've mostly just been exploring the areas and how they've been changed. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A brief poke at DE: Invisible War... Just to remind myself on the contrast to Deus Ex.... :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finished the Marine and Predator campaign of AvP. Not a bad game. Not so bad as people are actually claiming.

I really enjoyed the non-combat parts of the marine campaign that often felt just like being in the movies, Rebellion nailed the asthetics and capturing the mood. I think it's the multiplayer (which had some unbelievable issues) and the support for the game being dropped so quickly afterwards that gets most people's goat. I don't want to go into a rant or anything but I think overall AvP really did deserve the bad things said about it, the things it got right (and there were things it did really well) were just outweighed by lots of niggling issues.

Edited by Serrano

I finished up Alpha Protocol. What a delight, I'm still questioning some of my decisions, but at the end of the game I felt pretty comfortable with the path I took.

Now I'll probably spend some time with LotR Online and maybe back to Red Dead Redemption. I also bought Fear the other day and plan on giving that a bit of time.

Been playing AC2 for the past week or so now.

If I had to guess I'd say I've completed about maybe 35 - 40% of the main quest line(s) so far, that said; I've been doing a lot of side missions also (town rebuilding, tomb raiding, truthiness and so). <3 it.

Edited by Syraxis

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, I've abandoned some games that I've paid for relatively early on, too. Bioshock and SimCity 4 come to mind as only lasting a couple hours. 5 minutes, though, is rather extreme-- a game would have to do something like give me a seizure in the opening cinematic to get that kind of reaction.

I finished up Alpha Protocol. What a delight, I'm still questioning some of my decisions, but at the end of the game I felt pretty comfortable with the path I took.

AP did a good job of making me feel like an idiot for some of the choices I made. Every time I saw the consequences of what I'd chosen to do, I said to myself, "Well jeez, when you put it that way... D'OH!"

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yeah, I've abandoned some games that I've paid for relatively early on, too. Bioshock and SimCity 4 come to mind as only lasting a couple hours. 5 minutes, though, is rather extreme-- a game would have to do something like give me a seizure in the opening cinematic to get that kind of reaction.

Same. Assassin's Creed is one I'd go back in a time machine to stop myself from buying.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I quit Far Cry 2 in 5 minutes because the camera movements were giving me motion sickness... :ermm:

I think that and FFAdvance are the only ones I sold without playing a bit; I think 30 minutes is usually the "turn off, having no fun" point.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Trying to replay NWN2 OC which is slow going. About to start the Back Alley quest in Neverwinter... Some of the worst content of the game is about to come up, blech.

Playing a bit of Alpha Protocol still, the fact that it's fairly short makes it really easy to have a playthrough going on the side of any other games.

Pretty tempted to start a replay of System Shock 2.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

there are quite a few games that i just haven't gotten round to trying out properly

Restricted Area

Temple of Elemental Evil

Icewind Dale 2

Arcanum

the NWN1 expansions

and i know there are probably more i've forgotten

and yes, i have paid for all of them :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!