What are you playing now

Gorth

Try Steam's Mac catalog?

Been considering it. Question: does the Steam program itself cost anything per month or are you only charged when you actually buy a game, like iTunes?

Only costs money when you buy a game.

Try Steam's Mac catalog?

Been considering it. Question: does the Steam program itself cost anything per month or are you only charged when you actually buy a game, like iTunes?

Steam is like Itunes or the Xbox dashboard. it's completely free but you can pay through it for a digital copy of the game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guess I'll reinstall Vampire Bloodlines. I'll go beat the werewolf. For you Hades! :)

>_

Playing a new round of SoZ.

Gorth the Grim - Cleric/Doomguide, Keanu the Reaver - Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker, Salma Hi-jack - Rogue/Shadowthief of Amn. Taking the leadership trait and filling up with various cohorts. Chir is a current "fan favourite". Watch out Sword Coast! :grin:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I tried some Force Unleashed yesterday, after watching some E3 hype of the next one. (I've had it for ages, IIRC I played it quite a bit when it came out)

The combat is ok, but the targeting blows, the quick time events ruin the boss fights and I'm way too old for jumping puzzles. >_<

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Started playing Far Cry on REALISTIC today! I managed to reach the Pier level before deciding it was time to sleep! It took me HOURS to get where I am now.

The most difficult parts of the game so far for me were the top of the carrier and the fort. But I'm having fun, enjoying it so far!

Try Steam's Mac catalog?

And you can redownload the games as much as you want on as many computers as you want.

Try Steam's Mac catalog?

And you can redownload the games as much as you want on as many computers as you want.

There are even a bunch of games that you can buy for both the mac and the PC. You pay one price for both versions. So if you have a PC at your parents, you can have the game there and on your macbook.

Try Steam's Mac catalog?

There are even a bunch of games that you can buy for both the mac and the PC. You pay one price for both versions. So if you have a PC at your parents, you can have the game there and on your macbook.

most of the valve games have this (the half life catalogue, portal, cstrike and portal).

I've been playing Titan Quest/Immortal Throne again.

Discovered that the stash contents in backed up saved games are apparently computer name/file folder structure dependent, or something, so all old chrs. item stash collections are empty & revert to the original tiny size (have to pay to expand it again)...bummer. Oh well. More fun to start from scratch again anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Try Steam's Mac catalog?

most of the valve games have this (the half life catalogue, portal, cstrike and portal).

Excellent, thanks for the help guys.

i really seem to be on a Rome Total War binge at the moment

decided to quickly check out the Macedonians out before going to bed, and sure enough next thing i know it's 4am and i now have a massive empire

greeks, thracians, brutii, spqr, and julii attacked me - killed them

scipii attacked me - currently have them down to one tiny settlement in africa

gauls and egyptians attacked me - they're next on the hit list. especially the egyptians because they took out my seleucid allies

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Ok, I just picked up City of Heroes again... and purchased Mass Effect 2 for pc (it's my second copy, one for 360 one for PC).

At least now I can get DLC.

Every time I go back to City of Heroes they've changed the game radically... the core stuff is still the same but they add a crafting system, Task Forces (basically Dungeons), entire story lines, power customization (aesthetically... I have hot pink lightning now!) new power sets...

And apparently they're coming out with a paid expansion that'll let you swap (for free) your characters between sides (Hero and Villian).

Edited by Calax

I'm assuming that's vanilla then shryke?

yeah it's vanilla Rome

really didn't like the Barbarian Invasion expansion, and from what i hear the Alexander one is kinda lame

definitely thinking of checking out the Total Realism mod once we get the net sorted out at my new flat

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm assuming that's vanilla then shryke?

yeah it's vanilla Rome

really didn't like the Barbarian Invasion expansion, and from what i hear the Alexander one is kinda lame

definitely thinking of checking out the Total Realism mod once we get the net sorted out at my new flat

RTR is certainly a bit harder than just RTW. and it removes the three families.

I wasn't a fan of RTR myself. I was partial to SPQR. I can't remember if that was the whole name of the mod or not. It had some extra realism stuff, but it wasn't the main focus of the mod.

Edited by Deraldin

A little multi-player Civ IV between friends... Although I do have to say, much as I like the game..when you spend about 80% of the time staring at the "waiting for other civilizations" message.. it gets just a touch tiresome...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For some damn reason, I'm going through a point and click adventure game phase... Since I was already raised on the classics I stumbled upon http://www.adventuregamers.com/ they had a pretty good list and review of games.

Finished Dark Fall: The Journal and Dark Fall: Light's Out (found them for $5.99 each at GOG) and just had an absolute blast playing them.

I'm downloading Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon (on sale at adventuregamers) as that sounded interesting to me.

The Whispered World is a great old skool adventure games that came out in recent years.

flhc20.jpg

Ghost pirates of Vooju island & Book of unwritten tales are in the same vein. Highly recommended.

Not bad for a genre that has been dead for over a decade.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

A little multi-player Civ IV between friends... Although I do have to say, much as I like the game..when you spend about 80% of the time staring at the "waiting for other civilizations" message.. it gets just a touch tiresome...

yep, it gets particularly tedious when one of you is persecuting a war while the others are just waiting for him to finish moving his troops.

Just finnished another FFVII playthrough and starting Dirge of Cerberus... I got my hands on Distant Worlds as well... This game is pure awesomness :shifty:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours