What are you playing now

Gorth

Quick question, has anyone used the SMGs? Because the guns look godawful and the critical system on them looks useless. Shotguns are pretty great though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Eh, I've used the SMGs once, but all my points were in pistols (it was just to try and backoff a mob).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Of course I havent read it. I think its a marvel of technology that Wikipedia allows me to stay in the loop even without having read an abundance of historic military litterature. :lol:

I personally take no offence at Kaft. I'm sure it wasn't meant dismissively, and even if it was I don't mind since it's him.

This ought to have been quickly settled since BRIXMIS has an appendix which neatly lists all the big successes they achieved. Unfortunately I appear to have loaned out my copy and I'll have to buy another one (my fourth).

The real point is that defence companies like Raytheon employ standard rentacops to guard their tech. The main obstacle would be knowing where it was at any given moment, not getting hold of it physically.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It wasnt meant dismissively at all, and that wikipedia search increased my trivia knowledge by +5 :D

But Alpha Protocols storyline is still dumb as hell. James Bond meets 24 as written by a dyslexic orangutang.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It is?

He also forgot to mention it was boring and weightless (as in, everything seemed minor).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I hardly got any bugs. Just annoying gameplay/level design.

moar Dragon Age

tried it for the first time a couple of months ago and had a dwarf noble tank, but then didn't have time to play so left it for ages

about a week ago i decided as i had some free time i'd give it another go, this time as a dalish dual wielding rogue

finished Redcliffe, the Circle, and Orzammar, and done a whole bunch of things in Denerim

about to move on to the dalish area, and finding it pretty easy so far

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Played through AP twice. Very disappointed.

I'm done with the game, now to find something else to occupy me during the summer.

Still playing SoZ. I can now travel between Samargol and Crossroad Keep, finally finishing some old quests :(

I've been playing a bit of Devil May Cry 4 too since I've developed a bit of a craving for action games again. Reinstalled and started playing Beyond Good and Evil for the less action, more adventure type entertainment. Who would have thought taking pictures of wildlife could be fun :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Unfortunately I did not get to save Mina because of an awful map design that prevented me from knowing where to go to save her, so I went the wrong way and an arbitrary wall fell down behind me for no goddamn reason.

When Leland stops you there is a giant tv screen above each of the doors, the screen above Mina's door shows her tied to a chair. I missed it the first time around as well though, apparently we aren't a great loss to the world of espionage :ermm:.

Edited by Serrano

Unfortunately I did not get to save Mina because of an awful map design that prevented me from knowing where to go to save her, so I went the wrong way and an arbitrary wall fell down behind me for no goddamn reason.

When Leland stops you there is a giant tv screen above each of the doors, the screen above Mina's door shows her tied to a chair. I missed it the first time around as well though, apparently we aren't a great loss to the world of espionage :ermm:.

Yeah, noticed that on my second playthrough.

... still retarded. Although I did enjoy

Leland handing me a cigar at the end while we discuss our evil plans.

It is?

The story isn't the best -although it's far from the worst one to grace a game- but the scope of the game, as in how you can effect the story through your actions, is amazing. Alpha Protocol is not for everyone but if you like it you'll likely enjoy it immensely.

:ermm:

P.S.

Welcome back! Are you going to be on more regularly now? :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

moar Dragon Age

tried it for the first time a couple of months ago and had a dwarf noble tank, but then didn't have time to play so left it for ages

about a week ago i decided as i had some free time i'd give it another go, this time as a dalish dual wielding rogue

finished Redcliffe, the Circle, and Orzammar, and done a whole bunch of things in Denerim

If you're finding it easy I'd say you should crank up the difficulty. I found Hard to be pretty comfortable, but YMMV.

I just started playing Alpha Protocol. I'm only a few hours in, but so far I don't see what all of the bad reviews are about. Sure, they probably should have added more lighting effects to bring the visuals up to snuff with other current games, but other than that I don't see what's so OMGDisGaem5ux0rz about it.

Edited by FaranBrygo

SoZ gets awesomer and awesomer for every day I play it :)

Beyond Good and Evil is fun so far. I'm struggling a bit with the interface and the lack of easily accessible save functionality. Overall, not too bad. Devil May Cry 4... well, it is a nice brainless action game and your protagonist at least appears male and not suffering from random bouts of "emo-ness". So far that is. The over the top action is fun, but I still don't understand the sillyness that is the oversized phallic symbols they need to swing around to enforce their dominance over their surroundings :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

moar Dragon Age

If you're finding it easy I'd say you should crank up the difficulty. I found Hard to be pretty comfortable, but YMMV.

well there have been a few fights that i've struggled through, but haven't had to reload more than once for anything

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Ye olde staple wow, TF2 and I've started getting into "The Last Stand" mode on Dawn of War 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Fallout 3, mostly. The downloadable content kicks it totally into overdrive, gievn teh DLC is now only about two pounds apiece.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

FEAR, doing a video LP of AP and some Republic Commando.

It's all on Livestream.

SoZ gets awesomer and awesomer for every day I play it >_

Beyond Good and Evil is fun so far. I'm struggling a bit with the interface and the lack of easily accessible save functionality. Overall, not too bad. Devil May Cry 4... well, it is a nice brainless action game and your protagonist at least appears male and not suffering from random bouts of "emo-ness". So far that is. The over the top action is fun, but I still don't understand the sillyness that is the oversized phallic symbols they need to swing around to enforce their dominance over their surroundings :)

*Cough*

Can anybody explain to me how crafting works in SoZ? :blush:

I've crafted the most wondrous stuff in NWN2 and MotB, but it completely eludes me how it is supposed to work in SoZ. It's like the the instructions just tells me, "you just craft stuff, how hard can it be?". I've carried two scores recipees, a mule cohort full of dead animal parts and the equivalent of a medium sized nations treasury in gems, rings, necklaces etc. all over Samarach (sp?) and The Sword Coast and I still haven't figured out how to use it :wacko: