What are you playing now

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Finally got around to start a game of SoZ. My party features a Ranger/Blackguard (my protagonist), a Rogue/Assassin, a Cleric/Frenzied Berserker and a Wizard/Red Wizard of Thay.

May the most evil party win :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So they just released Final Fantasy IX on the Japanese PlayStation Store, and I bought it, just like I bought the two previous Final Fantasy releases there. Here's the catch, though: I absolutely DETESTED it when I played it some months after it was released in Europe. I don't know why it was... maybe because I had enjoyed Final Fantasy VIII and FFIX was just too much of a departure from it, or maybe it was because I was forced to start all over again because of a corrupted save on disc 3.

Anyway, since I spent 1500 yen on the game I thought I might as well PLAY it as well, and lo and behold, it looks like I have lost my hate for it somewhere on the way to the present. I find myself liking the world settings and the characters, or at least so far. The music is absolutely amazing as well... just check this song out.

I find kind of silly for being so angry at this game for so many years only to fall in love in love with it. It was the last Final Fantasy to stick true to "fantasy," and I wish they hadn't strayed from that path.

Finally got around to start a game of SoZ. My party features a Ranger/Blackguard (my protagonist), a Rogue/Assassin, a Cleric/Frenzied Berserker and a Wizard/Red Wizard of Thay.

May the most evil party win :)

You know, that reminded me that there's more to NWN2 than the main quest story - I thought about playing last week but didn't fancy it, but now I think I might go through Mysteries of Westgate again - I only ever finished that once, and not with an evil character.

Thanks to gog.com, I'm playing though Gabriel Knight - finished 1 and 2, about a third of the way through 3. It's been a while since I played and the graphics on GK3 haven't aged well, even with high resolution settings. I did enjoy GK2 without having to swap all the disks around. ;)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I finished Eschalon: Book 2 with my warrior last night. The ending was.. not a disappointment (because I already knew there was going to be a Book 3), but a slight let-down.

The last fight is against a guy called General Ghorr, but you already know that the main villain you're hunting is only known as "The One" (and is of some alien species). So General Ghorr didn't exactly feel like an end boss, but more like a slightly larger version of the same enemy you'd been fighting for three hours beforehand. And after defeating Ghorr, all you got was a cutscene and a promise for a sequel. Not cool. At least let me back out into the land, damnit!

Also, since I had a pretty high skill in Hide in Shadows, I did exactly that: hid in shadows. The final fight room had lots of shadows along the walls and there were small lava pools in the floor. So all I did was sneak around along the walls until I got General Ghorr on my screen and then I just stood around and passed my move while General Ghorr walked around. Sometimes he would walk into those pools of lava and hurt himself while I was just standing there watching. After a couple of minutes, he was down to like 10%, which is when I revealed myself and killed him (for the experience points). Piss easy.

I'm still going to get Book 3.. whenever it comes out in 2012-2013 or so :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You know, that reminded me that there's more to NWN2 than the main quest story - I thought about playing last week but didn't fancy it, but now I think I might go through Mysteries of Westgate again - I only ever finished that once, and not with an evil character.

I'm not sure what ending you went for the first time but there is a very neat evil choice near the end of MoW which changes the end-game. Really enjoyed it.

I finished Eschalon: Book 2 with my warrior last night.

I think I shall be getting this game, maybe after I tire of Alpha Protocol. Did you enjoy it?

I broke down and bought Awakening for Dragon Age but I have to say it's really not gripping me. I really enjoyed the main campaign so I'm somewhat baffled that this is not managing to draw me in. They always marketed it as a bit of "more of the same" so I went in knowing that, but I still can't help but wish they had changed the direction like MotB did for NWN2 (and SoZ did again later on). It's not bad at all but I find myself sort of bored with it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So they just released Final Fantasy IX on the Japanese PlayStation Store, and I bought it, just like I bought the two previous Final Fantasy releases there. Here's the catch, though: I absolutely DETESTED it when I played it some months after it was released in Europe. I don't know why it was... maybe because I had enjoyed Final Fantasy VIII and FFIX was just too much of a departure from it, or maybe it was because I was forced to start all over again because of a corrupted save on disc 3.

Anyway, since I spent 1500 yen on the game I thought I might as well PLAY it as well, and lo and behold, it looks like I have lost my hate for it somewhere on the way to the present. I find myself liking the world settings and the characters, or at least so far. The music is absolutely amazing as well... just check this song out.

I find kind of silly for being so angry at this game for so many years only to fall in love in love with it. It was the last Final Fantasy to stick true to "fantasy," and I wish they hadn't strayed from that path.

FF9 was the last great FF game, it's still not QUITE as good as 6-8, but its miles better than X and XII were.

I love that game and vivi is one of the most heartwarming videogame characters EVER.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl after I've put it on the shelf (metaphorically, since I've bought it on Steam) for a bit.

After you learn to deal with the mechanics peculiar to the game it's simply a lot of fun, and I feel there's a sense of enormous accomplishment when you finally manage to get a better protection suit or weapon.

^ Take a look at Oblivion Lost. You may want to just skip the mandatory vanilla playthrough altogether, and just play the game with that mod. It adds a load of neat stuff and unlocks some things that the devs chose to leave out (blowouts!), and doesn't change the plot that I remember. It also makes the game harder by, for example, removing the NPC radar.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl after I've put it on the shelf (metaphorically, since I've bought it on Steam) for a bit.

After you learn to deal with the mechanics peculiar to the game it's simply a lot of fun, and I feel there's a sense of enormous accomplishment when you finally manage to get a better protection suit or weapon.

You should get the L.U.R.K. mod, it revamps playing the game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You should get the L.U.R.K. mod, it revamps playing the game.

I'd like to do at least my first playthrough unmodded.

I believe I already downloaded another mod that promises improved graphics and revamped gameplay, I'll check the name.

Hehe the exactly same thing happened to me with FFVII, i hated it, because i played it for the first time right after I finnished FFVII and i absolutely hated the draw system, now when i played it after more than 10 years again for the second time I played it through with mw wondering why all the hate happened :p

and something very similar happened again with FFXII, 1st playthrough boring and i absolutely hated it, 2nd playthrough 3 years later i loved it :)

strange...

PS... dunno why, but my favourite FFIX music was this :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Someday... someday, I will complete FFXIII, and then I can move on with my life.

Will I finish FFXIII before we ship FNV? The race is on!

I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

twitter

Someday... someday, I will complete FFXIII, and then I can move on with my life.

You and me both.... NOW GET BACK TO CODING ME!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My favorite of the entire album. :w00t:

Can't wait for the US release, day one download.

I used to say the same regarding FFXII. I learned that the only way to continue w/ mah life was to admit that I was never going to. I like the setting though, FTR.

Balthier should have been the MC

Finished Baldur's Gate 2. Final battle is very easy with Aerie & plenty of Wish scrolls. Now, I might play some other old skool hack 'n slash.

ALL Baldur's Gate end battles should be fought with Yackety Sax playing in the background.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Splinter Cell, Conviction.

Honestly, I'm not playing a spy, I'm playing batman with a gun *runs up into the celing, leaps down kills a guy and instantly shoots two others.*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still playing Storm of Zehir. The game is growing on me. I seem to be stuck now though and I wonder if it is a bug or me doing it all wrong ;)

Trying to find the missng crew, I figured the the door locked by goblin runes at the shipwreck is involved and there has to be a key somewhere not too far away (I cheated and looked at an annotated map on the net) and there is indeed a "tribe" on the map, just to the southeast of the wreck. Trouble is just, it's too well hidden for me :)

Do I need to do something else first or is my spot and search skills of 12 just too little?

I wanted to hire the services of Umoja at the bazar, but he keeps referring to an imaginary friend. I seem to remember from a "dry run" through the start of the game a long time ago, that yes, in the past there actually was a big lizard standing next to him. I wonder where it went...

Edit: Otherwise, I think I've done just about everything there is to do on the map, except getting through the "Viper Temple".

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That ranger chick from Samargol is a really good recruit... I used her from as soon as I could afford her, until the end. Then later I hired a blonde, masked rogue whose name I forgot.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.