Lost a customer

Yup, you guys have lost me to RDR, but only for a couple of months, being in Canada sucks due to the tax they have up here putting new games at almost $80 dollars, but since I'll be in Houston this time next week I get to pick up RDR for a cheaper price, god bless the USA.

So now onto the real question I had, what is the price you have to put up with for new games? And are you thinking of picking up RDR?

ps: For anyone that didn't know what RDR meant until a couple days ago :ermm: it stands for Red Dead Redemption, just thought that I would clear it up for you.

I don't remember games being 80$ here and I live in Quebec. :ermm:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I don't remember games being 80$ here and I live in Quebec. :banghead:

$69.99 consoles games + tax. It's been awhile since I've seen that price on something for sale and not just pre-order listings though.

I live in Canada and have not seen a game for $80. Just get the digital download version....and ya I'll pass on RDR. That last Rockstar Western game with their GTA engine has satisfied my Western needs.

Edited by kreese12

Bwaha. Come to Australia. Games cost up to $119 Australian here (about $107 US). AP is going for $99.

Yeah... I heard only video games are cheap in the USA. It makes me wonder anyone outside of Japan and the uS buy video games.

Edited by jokerwoker

Bwaha. Come to Australia. Games cost up to $119 Australian here (about $107 US). AP is going for $99.

Yeah... I heard only video games are cheap in the USA. It makes me wonder anyone outside of Japan and the uS buy video games.

According to a friend of mine's brother, small things like snacks are at a bargain compared to here.

$69.99 consoles games + tax. It's been awhile since I've seen that price on something for sale and not just pre-order listings though.

Bah, where I get my games they cost 59,99$, like they should. None of that silly FutureShop 10$ more BS.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Can't you buy it digital download, at the US price? :banghead:

If you're going to do that I guess you were going to get RDR anyway, though.

Bah, where I get my games they cost 59,99$, like they should. None of that silly FutureShop 10$ more BS.

I get a fair number of my games from Future Shop, mainly because they seem to do better than any of the other stores in town at actually bringing in PC games. I haven't seen a $69.99 game in months though.

I don't remember games being 80$ here and I live in Quebec. :ermm:

I get a fair number of my games from Future Shop, mainly because they seem to do better than any of the other stores in town at actually bringing in PC games. I haven't seen a $69.99 game in months though.

Strange, the FutureShop around here has no two or three PC games at best and likes to price new releases at 70 bucks.

What the hell? Why is AP coming out on the 28th for New Zealand, when it comes out 27th in Australia? :ermm:

Well if it's not coming early I'll get it for 25 quid at GAME, digital download option. Suck it, local ripoffs.

Yup, you guys have lost me to RDR, but only for a couple of months, being in Canada sucks due to the tax they have up here putting new games at almost $80 dollars, but since I'll be in Houston this time next week I get to pick up RDR for a cheaper price, god bless the USA.

So now onto the real question I had, what is the price you have to put up with for new games? And are you thinking of picking up RDR?

ps: For anyone that didn't know what RDR meant until a couple days ago >_< it stands for Red Dead Redemption, just thought that I would clear it up for you.

I'm in Aus and AP is $70 American on Steam but It'll probably be $80 or something in retail stores... ****ers.