Airline pilot fakes it for 13 years

Moose

An unlicenced pilot manages fake it for 13 years, flying commercial jumbo jets:

Clicky

judges in Amsterdam rejected prosecution pleas for a custodial sentence last month and even praised his safety record

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I'd impriison the stupid fethers who let him fly in the first place.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Which is worse.. the guy who fakes being a pilot or the guy who fakes being a doctor?

One has the potential to kill a whoole bunch of people quickly, the other might just take a little longer to do the same...

I guess if you don't have the full official training, you're going to pay a lot of attention to the safety issues though... :ermm:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Which is worse.. the guy who fakes being a pilot or the guy who fakes being a doctor?

One has the potential to kill a whoole bunch of people quickly, the other might just take a little longer to do the same...

I guess if you don't have the full official training, you're going to pay a lot of attention to the safety issues though... :ermm:

Ferdinand Demara

His most famous exploit was to masquerade as Dr. Joseph Cyr, a trauma surgeon, aboard HMCS Cayuga, a Royal Canadian Navy destroyer, during the Korean War. He managed to improvise successful major surgeries and fend off infection with generous amounts of penicillin. His most notable surgical practices were performed on some 16 Korean combat casualties who were loaded onto the Cayuga. As the only "Surgeon" on board all eyes turned to Demara as it became obvious that several of the casualties would require major surgery or certainly die. After ordering personnel to transport these variously injured patients into the ship's operating room and prep them for surgery, Demara disappeared to his room with a textbook on general surgery and proceeded to speed-read the various surgeries he was now forced to perform, including major chest surgery. None of the casualties died as a result of Demara's surgeries. Apparently, this removal of a bullet from a wounded man ended up in Canadian newspapers. One person reading the reports was the mother of the real Dr. Joseph Cyr; her son at the time of 'his' service in Korea was actually practicing medicine in Grand Falls, New Brunswick. When news of the impostor reached the Cayuga, still on duty off Korea, Captain James Plomer at first refused to believe Demara was not a doctor (and not Joseph Cyr). The Canadian Navy chose to not press charges, and Demara returned to the United States.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

My favorite part.

He was eventually caught at the controls of a Boeing 737 belonging to airline Corendon. He had clocked up 10,000 unlicensed hours in the air.

However, judges in Amsterdam rejected prosecution pleas for a custodial sentence last month and even praised his safety record.

One argument would say justice needs to be served, but at the same time, who wants to punish this guy for being so successful and clearly an exemplary pilot?

Fry him. If he was so naturally talented at being a pilot, why not just get the license? He's a scumbag who respects nobody but himself and his owns elfish desires.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If he's soo naturally talented why should he need to get a license? Whole lot of wasted time if you ask me.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Getting a pilot's license is super expensive, particularly if you want to go commercial. That is why most pilots come out of the military, because the government foots the bill for all their training hours.

Getting a pilot's license is super expensive, particularly if you want to go commercial. That is why most pilots come out of the military, because the government foots the bill for all their training hours.

Isn't there also only one place that's able to train pilots that can fly in the US as passenger pilots and is really hard to get into?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

his owns elfish desires.

Playing too much NWN again? :banghead:

I don't really blame the guy for wanting to fly, but airline companies are not exactly inspiring a lot of confidence in me when they let him fly without proper credentials.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't pilot training and the standards therein designed for abonrmal flying conditions rather than normal flying. Particularly since planes became increasingly fly by wire. it may have jsut been pure luck he never ran into trouble and crumpled like a pensioner's face on realising their nephew hadn't come to tea after all.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And of course, if there had been any accident.. his flying licence fakery would have come to light and cancelled any Insurance for the company...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Follow your dreams and you will see

Anything you want you can achieve

Time to begin, fly like the wind

Breakin down these walls you will be free

All right

gonna be all right

doodoodoodootoodootoodoodoodoo

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.