The Reviews

Here's the thing - given that AP is not being pushed by a major publisher and it looks dated, I figure 88 is probably going to be the best we can hope for in reviews. The 90's are reserved for games deemed important by the press, and AP has not been deemed important.

I pretty much agree. I'd expect low 80's, b/b+, 8/10 type scores.

It doesn't have the hype behind it to score the "best game evar" type of reviews.

I'm expecting personally to like it a lot. Graphics aren't much of a concern for me, although AI is always an important part of games such as this.

But the AI in DX was pretty poor, so it can't be worse than that.

Your look doesn't have much of a gameplay change

Soooo... in which game does that matter a great deal? :ermm:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Face customization is purely cosmetic and has no gameplay impact.

I have no idea where that quote is from, but what game has face customization affect gameplay?

Seriously, if that is a complaint, then I am stunned, Fallout, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Sims 3, all these great games have facial customization, not one of them affected gameplay.

I would love to see the kind of futuristic game that recognises how ugly you made your character and has NPC's insult your face when you pass by. Or even sees you as attractive and hits on you all the time.

~R.I.P. Adam aka "Ild

Face customization is purely cosmetic and has no gameplay impact.

I have no idea where that quote is from, but what game has face customization affect gameplay?

Seriously, if that is a complaint, then I am stunned, Fallout, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Sims 3, all these great games have facial customization, not one of them affected gameplay.

I would love to see the kind of futuristic game that recognises how ugly you made your character and has NPC's insult your face when you pass by. Or even sees you as attractive and hits on you all the time.

(sorry for my poor english)

As I said earlier, the problem with this type of reviewers is very simple, and there's nothing to understand: he is ignorant or not able to make a reasoned analysis. Nothing more and nothing less. As you said, all these aspects (Grenades have no real bounce physics; Face customization is purely cosmetic and has no gameplay impact; Typical third person shooter) can be found in almost every game. And you might notice that in Mass Effect 2 there are not any grenades (and I don't even understand why...maybe because you have a grenade luncher?).

Edited by epektasis

"This is my destiny. To see what lies between life and death"